Few Questions

Deacan

Fledgling Freddie
I've been away fro about 3 months and am going to open my DAoC account for a month just wondering;

When will ToA come out in europe, i've heard of these new RvR zones, will they replace the old ones.

Have there been any major game changes?

An am going to start in Midgard this time, any heads up on a good all around class to play?

Thanks in advanced

Man with a pen eating problem.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
ToA will be around March by my reckoning.

New RvR zones will replace the old ones afaik.

No major game changes. (Unless you consider housing a major change i guess)

Skald/Healer/Shammie/Warrior/Savage.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Deacan said:
Cheers.

Think i go with a skald.

looool - TAXI !!!1

Everyone will want you in a group but when the fighting starts you are left with second-rate combat skillz and non-existant support skills. At least your always-resisted shouts might interrupt a caster though \o/

Also, noone will want you for PvE events and you suck at cash-farming in DF !

Here's the current opinions I've gathered from around the intarweb.

Warriors are v useful in PvE and mildly useful in RvR.
Thanes are still gimps.
Savages are v useful in RvR and PvE but will get mildly nerfed soon.
Skalds are Taxis.
Berserkers are good but outclassed by savages.
Aug/Cave Shammies are very good in RvR and good PvE (grouped obviously.)
Aug/Mend Healers are FOTM wanted everywhere.
Pac/Mend Healers are still needed everywhere.
Hunters suck.
Shadowblades are OK but outclassed by Infis and Shades.
Bonedancers are OK in RvR and reasonable cash-farmers.
SMs great cash-farmers (Summ/Supp) and mildly useful in RvR if Supp-spec.
Runies are useful as PBT bots in PvE if Supp-spec and mildly damaging in RvR if Dark/RC spec.

Seriously, Skalds have loads of fun tricks but none of them work !

(P.S. I love the word 'mildly')

Shan

Fledgling Freddie
Skald's purpose is to provide speed while moving and work as interrupt machine in combat, not to deal uberduper damage. 2x Shouts, Snare, Mez and melee 1 Support class. uber interrupt machine if you know how to play it, and cap swap targets well.

Also hunters don't suck, they just don't work as "pure archers", you gotta use the spear too :p And need RR of course ._.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Shan said:
Skald's purpose is to provide speed while moving and work as interrupt machine in combat, not to deal uberduper damage. 2x Shouts, Snare, Mez and melee 1 Support class. uber interrupt machine if you know how to play it, and cap swap targets well.

Also hunters don't suck, they just don't work as "pure archers", you gotta use the spear too :p And need RR of course ._.

That's my point though. Once combat starts you just interrupt casters. I'm sorry but I don't find that appealing. I wanna spill blood or protect my team-mates, not be a distraction. If that was the intended role then they wouldn't be called skalds, they'd be called jesters or topless models.

Ele

Fledgling Freddie
Wij said:
That's my point though. Once combat starts you just interrupt casters. I'm sorry but I don't find that appealing. I wanna spill blood or protect my team-mates, not be a distraction. If that was the intended role then they wouldn't be called skalds, they'd be called jesters or topless models.

But thats the purpose of support classes...to back up the group while the tanks take the hits etc...just because your preference is a tanking char. Tbh I enjoy playing my skald, although only being lvl 24...it has a lot of utility if played the right way. In fact there are classes in other realms with lower utility.

To the original poster : play the game how you want to, can always reroll if you don't like the skald...LONG LIVE SKALDS!!

Deacan

Fledgling Freddie
After lots of thinking, reading forums ect.

Am going to leave Midgard and pimp my spouce in Albion!

As a minstrel, they look are a bit like Skads.

But they have alot more utility at the cost melee damage, and a instrument.
After playing alot of a Bard and warcraft 3, micro management does no bother me.

Smurflord

Fledgling Freddie
In a good group a skald out damages a warrior or a savage. Not directly by hitting people themselves, but mainly with their group damage add contributing to ALL the other group members damage output. Skalds are not uber solo characters, but they make a group a great deal more effective.

This is especially true against epic mobs or places like TG. A lvl 46 skald damage add song can easily account for 50% of the melee damage produced.

They're not the most thrilling class to play, but they're absolutely essential for RvR and PvE. Any skald who just acts as a taxi, isn't playing the class properly.

Ele

Fledgling Freddie
Smurflord said:
Any skald who just acts as a taxi, isn't playing the class properly.

Excellent point made and strongly agree with the above statement :clap:

Jeros

Part of the furniture
Deacan said:
After lots of thinking, reading forums ect.

Am going to leave Midgard and pimp my spouce in Albion!

As a minstrel, they look are a bit like Skads.

But they have alot more utility at the cost melee damage, and a instrument.
After playing alot of a Bard and warcraft 3, micro management does no bother me.

:clap:

Yay another minstrel.
Im highlander slash spec and i love it (50 inst 30 slash 30 stealth as minstrels have climb wall now)
There are lots of good things about minstrels and recent improvements too. you will enjoy high DD dmg (soon mincers and skalds get even more powerful DDs) 9 sec stun, mez, AE mez (a bit short duration tho) insta pet of mobs much higher than you and the all new dmg buffer that absrobs incoming damage, and lets not forget confuse, chain armour evade 2 and all the other things that make mincers uber
but
Were weak hp wise and have a big "nerf us sign" :eek:
"mythic deals harshly with classes considerd over powerd"

I dread patch notes.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom