Ferus Legionis /wave

Q

quinthar

At approximatly 21:00hrs GMT this evening it was agreed, by the remaining members to fold Ferus once and for all, numbers have been dwindling for some time and everybody felt that enough was enough.

A number of members will be moving to ASq (thanks to Bowen for organising that), some others are yet undecided and may be looking for guilds but its early days.

I personally have been in Ferus for some 14-15 months and its been a great laugh, we have done some great RVR and PVE alike, I'll miss the fun times we had, the keep raids. barfog hunts, DM hunts, its all been great fun, I miss the old days with Beeky and Marrah and the other old school guys and the more recent ones too, but nothing lasts forever.

Its always a sad day to see a fine guild like Ferus fold but the time was right and the members deserve something Ferus could no longer offer.

As a gesture the remaining members went to AMG in Emain...butt nekid and effectively suicided.

To all present & past members: hope you all find guilds that are as nice as Ferus was and above all "HAVE FUN".

Over and out.

/cry
/bye

C

Cellex

im also a long term memeber / was a long term member till tonight of ferus legions :(, been in it for maybe justa bit longer than quin :), can remember his ickle level 8 armman when my armman was level 12 :). anyways quins post as got mostly everything in it that needed to be said. Very nice post quin.

Gona miss everyone in ferus and its very sad to see a guild iv been a part of for so long fold, but it had to sometime.

just like to say bye to all current members of ferus and all past ones and hope to see you / group with you in rvr in the near future :)

cyas all from the homeless friar Cellex :(

L

leorin

Sad to hear that :( impressed you could keep it up so long tho.

C

Coim-

always sad to see a guild split, good job in keeping it going so long :(

V

Vasconcelos

Very sad news :(:(

No doubt you will all find a new guild quickly coz all of FL peeps are great.

Y

yurka_polearm

been with Ferus since i first started daoc about september 02.

Had good fun with a good bunch of people.

Gl to all in ferus and cya around the realm

Z

zlair

Sad to hear.

I liked grping with FL when i played Loxleyhood :(

Fine bunch of ppl.

G

Gareck

Aye, Ferus has gone the way of the dodo and as one of the founding members I can't help but feel a bit sad.

It has been a great guild with a bunch of fantastic people, that has gone from strength to strength and we have achieved many goals. Special mention here to Orticus, the true founder of Ferus and the driving force behind the guild. We have come a long way since we decided to follow you from EQ, mate. /salute.

I wish all the Ferus-members the best wherever their paths may take them and it has been a pleasure and an honor to fight by your side. Good luck, everyone :)

P.S. A special thanks to Bowen and the Asq-crowd that have opened their doors to the Ferus-members and have made us feel welcome. :)

O

old.Filip

sad news ((

FL was 1 of the guilds HB exped with in the start .... still remember they got their guild cloaks before us and took the colors we had been talking about :)

/salute
Filip

Q

quinthar

Originally posted by old.Filip
sad news ((

FL was 1 of the guilds HB exped with in the start .... still remember they got their guild cloaks before us and took the colors we had been talking about :)

/salute
Filip

Opps a bit before my time :)

P

parlain

/salute to FL

May you find safe passage and sweet water wherever your path takes you

J

Jephtha

Sad to see this happen, I had a great laugh with FL when I moved over from Hib and rolled my friar.

Salute to all members past and present I have many fond memories of sitting in the Barrows with Quin and Beeker gaining xp with my ickle friar :) not forgetting the Uber smiting by Cullyn...

Well everything has to come to an end I guess and I am sure Ferus will be remembered for the Guild it once was.

E

Eggy

Farewell Ferus, I remember thee when I was but a ickle pickled Eggy.

GL in the future - I'm marrying your ex GM!11

S

stupidshady

sad to see one of the old guilds go :-( I hope you guys will have as mutch fun in your new guild as in FL ( confusing with our FL tough :) )

Q

quinthar

Originally posted by Jephtha
Sad to see this happen, I had a great laugh with FL when I moved over from Hib and rolled my friar.

Salute to all members past and present I have many fond memories of sitting in the Barrows with Quin and Beeker gaining xp with my ickle friar :) not forgetting the Uber smiting by Cullyn...

Well everything has to come to an end I guess and I am sure Ferus will be remembered for the Guild it once was.

I'm sure we'll prolly be remembered for landing what I think was the first summoners cloak in Albion, which incredibly georgie won with a 40 something.

I certainly hope people will remember us for our chilled attitudes (Mostly), the fact we were ranked 6th in Albion for RP's at one point with relativly small numbers of active RVRer's, the relic raids we participated in and the fact recently have done Barfog in its entirety with only a few people and likewise the fun we have had in DM. Fond memories indeed.

I hope where I am invited to join I get the same fun out of the game as I did with Ferus.

E

Ekydus

Ferus is among the old skool guilds of Albion. A few of these have quite sadly been folding and when they do it is quite sad. It's always sad when an old guild collapses, especially when it had such an impact on Albion in it's reign.

I wish luck to all members of FL and that they find somewhere which is as good as Ferus.

O

old.Wildfire

That's a great shame guys :( Not sure what else can be said, but at the very least I hope the old TFC lot that I've been playing with for going-on 7? years now don't disappear... there is still much to be said and done :)

:fluffle:

Q

quinthar

Originally posted by old.Wildfire
That's a great shame guys :( Not sure what else can be said, but at the very least I hope the old TFC lot that I've been playing with for going-on 7? years now don't disappear... there is still much to be said and done :)

:fluffle:

Well I'm sure most of us will still be about, some of the people left towards the end have accepted invitations to ASq, others such as myself and geo and tootz etc are looking about to see whats out there before commiting to a guild.

O

old.LandShark

Sad to see a top-notch guild split. ;|
And, WF.... HL came out in autumn 1998 :p so 5 years imo :)

Q

quinthar

Originally posted by old.LandShark
Sad to see a top-notch guild split. ;|
And, WF.... HL came out in autumn 1998 :p so 5 years imo :)

pah 5 years 7 years - its still too bloody long to be playing computer games, jezz we're sad twats :(

I miss my HWG, I think he could be fun at the AMG.

O

old.Nibor

Sad to see another famous guild of Albion die.

On the other hand I am happy you managed to find ASq to merge with, as in a bigger guild possibilities are much better.

And if i dident missunderstand something, ASq will join SS alliance the next days, so WELCOME, we are glad to have you with us :)

O

old.Wildfire

I dunno, I was guessing. 5 years it is then. And yeah, I reckon we could camp MMG with 2 HWs, a sol and an engy. :D

E

Eggy

lol I meant Elbeek - forgot he wasn't the actual GM :-o

G

Gareck

Originally posted by Eggy

Nah, we have never been drunk enough to actually elect Beeky. ;)

Q

quinthar

Originally posted by Eggy

I think you'll find beeky was the token lady boy...

R

rayzor_e_w

sad news.

/salute to ferus

~14 months ago i remember you lot letting a newb pally tag along for ur church epic quests.

along the way 6 of us inc a 2x (?) mincer, Georgie, nearly retook an alb keep. twas fun, but them gates took along time :p

gl guys in whatever u do next.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom