Feeling young again

Lexa

Fledgling Freddie
All those many years ago when I was a wee nipper I used to get excited near the end of December due to the approach of Christmas. Now as an old fart I don't get that anticipation anymore. Yet here I am, December rapidly approaching, and I have that same feeling, not about Christmas but about guild beta.

Strange how some things can make you feel like a kid again :england:

Oskorei

Fledgling Freddie
I'm 25 now and that feeling never left me. I'm not a kid again, I'm still a kid :D

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
I could list a whole host of players aged 30+ who are just as eagerly awaiting this :)

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Don't get too excited just yet. They still haven't been specific regarding the currently invited guilds, if they'll be invited for the reopening in December. In past they've said that not everyone will be invited at the same time. They may just invite everyone before Christmas due to the delays or they could stick to their original plan.

Wait and see!

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Beta testing any game is usually a test of patience. Which actually is fair enough since it is a beta. :)

ileks

Part of the furniture
yep, looking forwards to it but trying to remember that it could well be delayed. Hopefully the newsletter will bring some news :)

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
correct me if im wrong but they said "December" not a date. the day before new year is still "december" so dont be expecting news tommorrow ;)

on the other hand.. GIFV BETAZ PLIX !!111

:D

Aesgir

Loyal Freddie
correct me if im wrong but they said "December" not a date. the day before new year is still "december" so dont be expecting news tommorrow ;)

on the other hand.. GIFV BETAZ PLIX !!111

:D
I vaguely remember reading somewhere beta is expected back December 12th, but can't remember where. No guild beta here but still got fingers crossed for a random invite ;)

ileks

Part of the furniture
The newsetter said some guild betas will start to go out early '08.

Speaking of the new year, you’ll be happy to know that we’ll be *finally* inviting a few thousand guild members (from specific guilds chosen in our Guild Beta contest) into the Beta in early ’08.

GReaper

Part of the furniture
There you go, yet another vague delay. Early 2008 could be January, but it's most likely going to be February/March.

The perpetual win a beta spot if you send us artwork, win a beta spot if you write a story, win a beta spot if you're one of our lucky 0.005% of newsletter subscribers is getting boring. People who have supposedly already won a beta spot have been waiting for over 7 months already. I think most of us were hoping that the preparation for an influx of users in December was for all the invited guilds. Sadly it appears that this isn't the case.

It just feels disappointing. :(

Mabs

There you go, yet another vague delay. Early 2008 could be January, but it's most likely going to be February/March.

The perpetual win a beta spot if you send us artwork, win a beta spot if you write a story, win a beta spot if you're one of our lucky 0.005% of newsletter subscribers is getting boring. People who have supposedly already won a beta spot have been waiting for over 7 months already. I think most of us were hoping that the preparation for an influx of users in December was for all the invited guilds. Sadly it appears that this isn't the case.

It just feels disappointing. :(

yeah agree with that. nothing like carrot on a stick to keep something moving along, but the longer the carrot goes on moving, the more disinterested people get :(

Mabs

in fact, any chance IainC can give us a date on this, or an update on whats actually happening ?

come on , goa CAN give up to date news and information, you know you want to ;):p

Oskorei

Fledgling Freddie
If beta's get delayed, release will probably be pushed back again as well. Otherwise they wouldn't have enough time to implement the data from the beta. And then beta wouldn't have any use.

Lexa

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah that line in the newsletter ruined it for me, was happy to hear about all the new things only to find out I won't be involved for another 4-16 weeks, I have two weeks off over xmas, was looking forward to getting stuck into testing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom