Feeling dead after a few push ups.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
So i decided to prove to my little brother that i could do more push ups than he even thou i am not attending any gym whatsoever, but he has been to the gym 5 - 6 days a week for half a year. After about 40 of them (beating him with 20). After 10 mins or so i am mildly nauseated and im feeling somewhat dizzy. Starting to wear off now somewhat. Just wondering if this is normal, or if i might have some terminal disease that will kill me very soon :( (slight exaggeration intended)

(Yes, i am somewhat hypochondriac)

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Yes you'll die tonight in your sleep :flame:

Nah really doubt it you got something terminal, just in normal couch potatoe condition.. :) You just went overboard with your pushups.

And is your brother only trying to bulk up since you beat him with 20 pushups? Tell him to train stamina than muscles instead.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
how will he pick it up? more muscles in a midge's penis

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
To my defense, 40 push-ups is not that bad for being unfit.

- English -

Resident Freddy
you should get doms tomorrow then you will have something to complain about :D

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Your brother is lying about going to the gym 5-6 times a week for half a year if he can't knock out 20 press up's unless he just works there ofc :p

Ezteq

Queen of OT
Your brother is lying about going to the gym 5-6 times a week for half a year if he can't knock out 20 press up's unless he just works there ofc :p

lol cal ive heard people boasting about how much time they spend at the gym then when you say ok so what do you do there they say oh you now 30 mins in the jacuzzi then 45 in the sauna ...then i go get a smoothie Oo

gohan

FH is my second home
just bought my bike, rode it out the shop and home/ about 3 miles

OMG IM FUCKED I THINK IM GOING TO BE SICK

it was such a shit idea :< gonna take me months to be able to ride it to work without dying

tho work is only about 2 miles, and luckily downhill most the way so ill only be a deranaged sweating monster when i get back home each night :<

but really what was i thinking

Fafnir

Resident Freddy

it was such a shit idea :< gonna take me months to be able to ride it to work without dying

tho work is only about 2 miles, and luckily downhill most the way so ill only be a deranaged sweating monster when i get back home each night :<

SADDLE SORES :flame:

aika

Can't get enough of FH
one of the requirements for my army training course was to do 95 pushups, that was like 5 years ago.

Now I can probably do barely 15.
Yeah, its just being unfit mate :)

Laddey

FH is my second home
your bro has been going to the gym 6 days a week for 6months and can only do 20 push ups

What's he been doing? Cleaning up after people?!

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
your bro has been going to the gym 6 days a week for 6months and can only do 20 push ups

What's he been doing? Cleaning up after people?!

He is not going for endurance but rather bodybuilding training. He is 1.94 and weights alot.

Fuggz

Fledgling Freddie
Talk about pain! Just ran with my running club. I was the fastest by quite a bit back in October of last year. Stopped running for 4-5 months owing to family probs and put on over a stone. Tried to keep up with this guy for 15 mins flat out - for me - and nearly died. Such a terrible feeling when you are pushing yourself too hard. Had to stop to pee and hoped he would just carry on. He did but only for a short distance. Waited for me and I had to push myself too damn hard again for another 10 mins. Awful. Sure was glad to get home and put my pyjamas and slippers on - yeah I know it is only just gone 8pm. Sod it - where is me teddy *sobs*.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
20 pushups are easyish imo. Try 20 jump/knuckle jump-press ups :( Those hurts.. I probably can do about 20-25 standard ones then die atm. Lazy-Bastard-Syndrome :D

Mikah75

Can't get enough of FH
It was due to dehydration mate, if you exercise and ever feel feint or dizzy its generally dehydration, you just need to drink a lot more. You should always sit down and drink if you ever feel like that else you will feint..

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
It was due to dehydration mate, if you exercise and ever feel feint or dizzy its generally dehydration, you just need to drink a lot more. You should always sit down and drink if you ever feel like that else you will feint..

Hmm, that is a pretty good diagnosis.

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
Whoa! Stop there a second.
It's not necessarily dehydration. It often even is hyperhydration, drinking too much water and sports-drinks before or during the excersise. If that is the case, drinking water could result in a very severe headache, even coma.

Another option is when you've eaten just before the excersise, your body needs blood to digest your food, but your muscles also compete for your blood during the excersise. The result can be very nauseating. because the stomach doesn't get the attention it needs.

Furthermore, pushups are a repeating up/down motion. If you're not used to that it could also simply be motionsickness.

Then another issue is overheating. Your muscles produce heat while working out. That's why you sweat. If your body doesn't get the possibility of removing that heat, you can get overheated, and your brain doesn't like that. It's pretty much similar to a heatstroke. This is one of the most common things to happen if you're just starting to sport. Drinking water doesn't necessarily help, can make the nauseous feeling worse even, but putting your wrist(s) (artery) under a cold water tap can cool your body quite fast.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Drinking too much water could result in death as your cells explode..

A danish radio station had a contest where the contesters would drink as much water as possible within 24 hours. The girl that came in at 3rd or 4th place died, because she had been drinking way too much water for her body to be able to handle, so instead of it just passing through the cells started absorbing it and eventually exploded

Mikah75

Can't get enough of FH
Yum, well to me it sounds like a random challenge in their home, where sports drink and water was not consumed before a random fuck around and especially if he isn't used to doing exercise which sounds like the threads point :p so i would hazard a guess at dehydration but obviously if you have already drunk loads and want to avoid exploding then perhaps lay off the h20 and poweraid :p

I drink like a horse so I occasionally get it as i sweat a ridiculous amount my body dehydrates extremely fast so during training I have to go drink every 15mins say else I get dizzy and have blacked out a few times but thats generally down to not eating within 3 hrs and doing vigirous exercise.

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Might also be that he didnt breath correctly while doin the pushups, just kept on pushing forgetting to breathe cause he strained himself over the top.. :p

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
Yum, well to me it sounds like a random challenge in their home, where sports drink and water was not consumed before a random fuck around and especially if he isn't used to doing exercise which sounds like the threads point :p so i would hazard a guess at dehydration but obviously if you have already drunk loads and want to avoid exploding then perhaps lay off the h20 and poweraid :p

I drink like a horse so I occasionally get it as i sweat a ridiculous amount my body dehydrates extremely fast so during training I have to go drink every 15mins say else I get dizzy and have blacked out a few times but thats generally down to not eating within 3 hrs and doing vigirous exercise.

The reason why I think it's not dehydration, is because he did 40 pushups. If he did them really slowly, like 6 seconds per push-up (I doubt he'll go that slow, too heavy and all) it would take him ((40*6)/60 = ) 4 minutes. You don't sweat a liter in 4 minutes and you need to sweat quite a bit to cause dehydration. You can however get seriously hot.
Also, as Faf commented, breathing can also be a serious issue. Could just be a lack of oxygen in his blood. Besides if you don't exhale on the powerstroke, you'll almost automatically build up pressure in your head. This can cause dizzyness aswell.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Guys, everything in moderation.

Drinking water before exercise is almost always a good thing. Drinking twice your bodyweight in water is probably bad (lol sarcasm), but a liter of water about 20-15 minutes before a run will really help alot. Common sense really works wonders with these things I think :)

To me it just sounds like he's a little unfit. I've used to go to my local gym twice a week, and both times I'd come away feeling physicly sick - I'd almost always sit for a bit and chat with the reception staff while I waited for it to pass before driving home becase I'd feel so bad. I think it just comes from pushing yourself.

Suddenly pushing out 40 pressups if you've not done pressups (or other exercise) for a long while could well bring that sort of feeling on.

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH

I used to do similar + sports in addition to it when i was a teenager, and i used to be able to easily do sets of 150 presups. If he can't do 20 the odds are he's not set foot inside of a gym in the last year, or has the worst hangover in all history.

These days i struggle to do 50 mind!

It's pretty common to feel slightly dizzy or sick after you've pushed your body harder than it's used to. The key is to keep doing regular bouts of managable exercise (so you don't make yourself ill) to build up your fitness overall. Killing yourself with exercise if you're unfit will mean you can barely move the next day, much more sensible to do small, managable bouts of regular daily exercise than go nuts.

Cemeterygates

Can't get enough of FH

Jeeze man, 3 miles aint much at all. I get the impression one has got a little too used to sittin in the pub :drink:

gohan

FH is my second home
Jeeze man, 3 miles aint much at all. I get the impression one has got a little too used to sittin in the pub :drink:

my life went , bed > work (mainly sat) pub home > sat at pc.

so this new movment thing isnt making my inner me smile

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom