Fed's RvR Tips

F

- Fedaykin -

Anyone got a great RvR tip? something you do but other albions don't seem to do? Soething which you may think is obvious but another person doesn't lnow about it?

lets post them here people may learn something!

------------------

i'll start :D

1) Always carry as many potions as you can - if you can't find a friendly alchemist to purchase them off then use your BP's to buy them from merchants, a heal potion here and end potion there is the difference between life and death in many battles.

2) Know the tank that is hitting you! Knowing the styles of the tanks hitting you can be very helpful, and timing their attacks. In example, lets take a zerker or a savage. The zerk and savage both have hard hitting back attacks, so NEVER run from a zerker/savage by turning your back to them and fleaing. What i do is hold the UP arrow and strafe either left or right in a circle away from them. This will give them the illusion that you are running straight ahead and they will try to hit their back attacks on you. If they are new, or just not accustomed to this, they will keep trying to hit their back attack and their damage will be unstyled (thats the difference between being hit for 700 and being hit for 150-250.) Other tanks may be more useful to run from....but remember NEVER run too far because you will lose the zerg/group you are with and will just be a deadman.

3) Learn to scatter as soon as you see any incomming forces, split up so the aoe radius will either miss you or you will be away from its epicenter reducing its duration

other people welcome to post some of theirs

B

bracken_woodman

Something I find useful sometimes as a tank (when MA) in head-on encounters is to run to my target in an arc - rather than making a beeline. Takes a fraction longer to get there but means its harder for the enemy to get a target, and also creates a natural spreading of the group - carrying either me (if Im not driving) or others in the group out of the main centre of the mezz (and so reducing its duration). Of course you don't want to be doing this if you are approaching the enemy from the side/rear, or if assisting someone else.

L

loxleyhood

If you smell poo in emain then run! Run! <Pain> zerg is inc!

S

samildanachh

even if MA is not leading ALL tanks stick to the ma, that included mincers.

C

Coim-

Not something I do (hard when you're an Armsman) but...DEMEZZ!!!!

C

catalina

Not in widespread use and i'm sure someone will give me a good reason why, but...

Don't all stick the same person, it causes the group to bunch up and if hit by a surprise attack all get caught in the aoe. Instead, stick the person above you in the mini group window (obviously the group leader will stick the last person in the group unless they are driving) this will cause the group to be nicely spread if you are caught by surprise.

G

gunner440

Originally posted by catalina
Not in widespread use and i'm sure someone will give me a good reason why, but...

Don't all stick the same person, it causes the group to bunch up and if hit by a surprise attack all get caught in the aoe. Instead, stick the person above you in the mini group window (obviously the group leader will stick the last person in the group unless they are driving) this will cause the group to be nicely spread if you are caught by surprise.

wont really work u end up with a line about the length of a milegate and most probably people at the back losing speed....

only clerics/slammers should stick to the back really or else line is too big

E

Ekydus

If you see a caster use MoC kill it and kill it fast.

S

sigh

Originally posted by Ekydus
If you see a caster use MoC kill it and kill it fast.

slam it / run away / kill it, what ever you do treat the situation with intelligence. Sheild tanks should switch guard between aggro holders, if your running with MA give him guard, if you drop back to help switch to the nessary target...simple as.
Caster/healers do not run away from enemy 1. for the reason feda gave and 2. pain in the arse for shield tanks that arent stuck to you <as ofc the enemy is> slam is slightly unreliable at the best of times, you dont want to make the situation harder, with strifing, as well as guarding you.<well for pala, dont know about armsman> and dont leave the apk untill you are happy with the group.

F

-fwapp-

if a savage ever attacks u stop whatever it is ur doing and stun it before carrying on

K

kirennia

as a caster, dont bloody face 100% the targt you are shooting otherwise thwy will target you first and kil ypou. Face them at a 30% angl,e, thenthey dont now whos hitting them anad you can carry on,....

...then again, dont be a caster fullstop and you w9ikl do well

S

smerf

never turn your back on an ememy tank, else you will die, fast.

L

loxleyhood

If you see a fg approaching lead by a kobold don't jump the gun, it might be FC.

S

samildanachh

the kobold is usually bringing up the rear tbh

W

-Wedge-

How about a real hint :

As caster, when your running and want to cast on an enemy fast, use a /face macro or bind /face to a key... After /face you can cast right away and you'll never get the 'moved during casting' (or whatever the exact message is) interrupt....

H

Hedek

[all that follows is about groups vs groups fights not soloing or any other type of rvr]

Targetting mids is easy : kill those who carry a small shield ;)

While /assisting seems to be the rule in today's RvR, it's not the best thing to do against hib groups. They usually run with 3 healing able classes at least, if your casters/mezzers fail to make at least 2 of em unable to heal leave the MA and go hit em.
Never chase a grouped hib : he'll lead you straight in the pbaoe : make sure you can easily stun him or that a stun-able class is assisting you. You might think what I'm saying is crazy (not assisting against hib groups), but there tends to be fewer and fewer PBTs in Hib groups than before (they prefer having 2 bards rather than 1 warden + 1 bard). Anyway fast weapons are always a rule when you're fighting hibs.
Hib power relies on healing classes NOT casters/tanks. Hib has the best support classes, if you manage to kill the support, you're almost sure to win.
I remember that fight against a pbaoe less hib group, I think the group consisted in 2 bards, 1 warden, 2 druids, 1 mentalist and 2 tanks. They were doing very very little dmg, however, we spent hours trying to assist on a same target but only managed to kill the mentalist, they ended up ripping us off after our 2 clerics were oop, this fight was the longest 1 vs 1 fg I ever had. And I'm convinced it would have been totally different if we had turned down orders and decided not to assist.

Always run with no target selected and whenever a group insta mez/stun you at the begining of a fight it's sometimes better to not assist your MA and go for the target that is auto selected : you are 99% sure you're going to hit a healer or bard even if they try to disguise (bards pulling out their weapon).

As a general rule, /assisting is a good strategy, but skilled players should know when to /assist and when not to.

When aggroed (and only if you're a meleer) move back to avoid other meleers who may be assisting your opponent but that are rooted.

As a meleer you don't need to have your camera focused on your target once you have reached melee range : search the window for evades/blocks/parries thus allowing you to style without really looking at your char and rotate your camera at the same time to see how your casters/healers are doing.
Example : when I'm in a caster group I have my assist macro set on the main caster and have my camera turned BEHIND (at my casters, and keep it behind even when moving allowing to spot enemies coming from behind, trust me playing with the camera behind even gets funny once you're used to it ;). Then I just spam my assist macro until i get a target, stick and start hitting when my screen stops moving (thus ending up killing enemies without knowing what they look like ;) and occasionally doing a full rotation to see what other enemies are doing and then rotating back to my casters. I that way start healing a caster 2 secs earlier which is often a lot in rvr than if i had my camera zoomed on my melee target. It also makes it easier to spot a casting enemy to use insta aggro shout on or stealthers who may have sneaked behind your lines to attack your coward casters ;-)

Put your camera as far as you can from your char.

Unstick whenever you're resting and keep spinning around, instead of being stuck to your leader who is most probably over you at the edge of a cliff and thus giving you a zero visibility of what may come around.

Stun a druid or healer when he's low on health not when you start hitting him : this will prevent him from using instas. This may also apply to enemy tanks if they're hitting another meleer.

Bards and healers can't insta mez (stun) you if you're hitting them from behind. So... attack em from behind whenever you can ;)

If you're a friar try to move away from the rest of your group when enemies are in range, chances are you're easier to spot because you're out of the "mass" and a few tanks will come at you thinking you're a soft target UNLESS there isn't any cleric in your group. And even if you die this gives extra secs for your sorc to mez/root the enemies ie. the difference between a won encounter and a lost encounter and in that case you can proudly say the friar saved the group, not really the sorc :p

When Albs are zerging, it's maybe wiser not to waste purge on a mez or root unless one of your group mates is in danger and you're a stun, mez or heal-able class.

S

Sol-

Originally posted by - Fedaykin -
This will give them the illusion that you are running straight ahead and they will try to hit their back attacks on you. If they are new, or just not accustomed to this, they will keep trying to hit their back attack and their damage will be unstyled (thats the difference between being hit for 700 and being hit for 150-250.)

ever heard of backup styles? :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread