Rant Fecking Bastid Garages.

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
need a rant (i'm allowed cos I dont rant that often)

had my motorcycle in for an MoT at a local garage (car garage but does bike MoT). got called away for work (I normally watch them doing the MoT) and went back down to pick the bike up - brake lever was broken.

got told that they hit a pillar when moving the bike and the lever snapped. Shit happens I thought and we agreed that I would source the replacement part and they would reimburse. Got a new lever and was fitting it after washing and noticed scratches on the fairing. and the mirror. and the belly pan. and the exhaust. and the indicator was split. and the fairing was out of whack.

back down to the garage and spoke to the owner. Turns out the bike was DROPPED of the weigh stand!.

he agreed to cover the cost of repairs. I sourced the parts (since - remember that they arent a bike garage). New mirror, new indicators, new handlebar ends.

Took it to a local Yamaha dealer to asses the repairs required.

Estimate : £1300

Went back and starts getting arsey. this went on for a week - had enough and called in the insurance company.

He still refuses to provide his insurance details and wants to pay for this himself.

so now I have to fork out my excess (£250) and recover this cost from him through the legal route. so - bike heads off sometime for repair and f*k him - im getting a courtesy bike out of this as well.!!!!!!!!

/rant

pics : Bike Damage - a set on Flickr

GimmlyThe3rd

Banned
Yea you clearly see that has been dropped, how the fuck did they drop it doing a MOT? it's not that easy ... You should be able to recover all fees from his insurance and legal cover though.

I was thinking about buying this actually, what do you think of them?

fazer_or.jpg

Toying between that, a Thunder and a 400 ninja.

ford prefect

Can't get enough of FH
I build and restore bikes as a hobby. I never let my bikes out of my sight when I take them for their MOT. Same with cars actually, but bikes are delicate and all too easily damaged.

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
I build and restore bikes as a hobby. I never let my bikes out of my sight when I take them for their MOT. Same with cars actually, but bikes are delicate and all too easily damaged.

ah know m8. i booked the bike in with the owner on the wednesday for first thing on the thursday.
appeared on the Thursday and the tester knew nothing about it - the owner was away on hols.

i waited for 20 mins till he finished a car mot and then got a call for work - headed home to fix problem and went back to collect bike.

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
Yea you clearly see that has been dropped, how the fuck did they drop it doing a MOT? it's not that easy ... You should be able to recover all fees from his insurance and legal cover though.

I was thinking about buying this actually, what do you think of them?

fazer_or.jpg

Toying between that, a Thunder and a 400 ninja.

looks nice m8 - is that the FZ250??

GimmlyThe3rd

Banned
looks nice m8 - is that the FZ250??
Yep, I had the CBR 150R before as a city bike but it sucks for the size and power and got rid. My modified 135CC Yam Nouvo Scooter is like 14PS, and half the size so i'll use that for every city traffic jams. But I want a big bike again for the weekend.

I was looking at the FZ250 and Thunder for a everyday bike, or a Ninja 400 for a weekend bike and keep the Nouvo. But I donno! :(

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
its the FZS600 ive got (second one) and cant fault - but then again, ive only had 2 Fazers.

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
I want a CBR600F. Will probably buy one in winter since the prices seem to halve then.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Not a bike person, but that sucks Laz. I hope the time taken to get back on the road with your bike is as short as possible.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Yes please! Harley Davidson Night Rod Special VRSC

Shame I don't, A) have a bike license or B) have a wife who will allow me to buy one! Or 15k to splash out on a toy too!

Attachments

• wallpaper-of-harley-davidson-v-rod.jpg
    wallpaper-of-harley-davidson-v-rod.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 94

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
ok - bikes in process of being fixed (should get back by 06th October.

Have been speaking to Lawyer who has been in contact with the garage. Seems that he has now contacted his insurance and they are now claiming that the additional damage was not caused by them.....despite the fact that he has paid for most of the replacement parts AND the estimate of repair.

I didnt know it was possible to drop a motorcycle and ONLY damage the brake lever......we live and learn.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Alternator went last night. Took vehicle to garage. Fixed. Ran smoothly for most of the day until I saw the temperature guage red-line. Now there's a bloody water leak! Wasn't leaking before. Must have been something they did. Gonna kick ass tomorrow.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Took me Grand Cherokee to MOT station, got back and it was in the car park with a blown radiator, seems they had left it ticking over for 3 hours!!! and it started to steam..so they just watched it and only turned it off when it went bang, the viscous fan was a bit loose, but I didn't expect them to leave it ticking over for 3 hours until it overheated.
I knew this cos the guy in the shop watched them do it.

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Alternator went last night. Took vehicle to garage. Fixed. Ran smoothly for most of the day until I saw the temperature guage red-line. Now there's a bloody water leak! Wasn't leaking before. Must have been something they did. Gonna kick ass tomorrow.
My brother was driving on a road in the woods he usually use when goin out to pick shrooms, but this time he hit a rock. No visible damage, so he parked went out to get his shrooms, got back car would not start, smelled petrol, got under the car and saw the stone had cracked a small tube. had to tow the car out, got it to a shop, got it fixed, and it only cost 400 Euro for a 4cm long metallic tube...

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
belated update. We are going to court - lawyer has drafted up the claims form for the Small Claims Court

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
belated update. We are going to court - lawyer has drafted up the claims form for the Small Claims Court

What a stupid garage owner, he's made a false declaration to his insurance company. He's going to get fucked.

Sar

Part of the furniture
index.25.jpg

A proper fucking bike. You nancies, and your "engines".

Pfft.

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom