fb mobile app alternative?

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Ok, to stop myself from literally flipping out and killing someone...is there an alternative available to facebook's mobile app? In recent updates it's become so shit that I just can't bring myself to use it any more :(

So what's out there? Anything? Or just knuckle down and use the mobile site?

Cheers dudes!

TdC

A who to the what now?

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Ok, to stop myself from literally flipping out and killing someone...is there an alternative available to facebook's mobile app? In recent updates it's become so shit that I just can't bring myself to use it any more :(

So what's out there? Anything? Or just knuckle down and use the mobile site?

Cheers dudes!

Fucking shocking isn't it, I didn't think it could get worse but every update fucks things up that little bit more.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Fine on Sensation but is slower and rubbish on the gf's desire s.

TdC

Fine on iphone...
lies: I have some iphony totin' all-stars and skinny jeans wearin' mates who also complain. in fact, even Leggy agreed with me. so there.

Fine on Sensation but is slower and rubbish on the gf's desire s.
hmm so you think it's really a CPU thing? I mean, I have a desire (running cyanogenmod) and it's slower than a snail with mono. it doesn't update, or it sneakily DOES update but doesn't render to the screen. It loses network connection when I have full bars in 3g or hspda. It loses status changes, or doesn't upload pics, or both, but all that aside what really grabs my nads is that you are forced to download a full image if you want to like it or leave a comment, as you can only get to the comments from clicking the full image for some extremely odd and irksome reason.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
It could well be CPU. It does seem more 'complex' now and that would definitely require more power. And yes, the comment thing is rage worthy.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
You are using it wrong tdc, you don't have to load images to comment or like them. As I said, it's fine on iPhone.

Chilly

Balls of steel
I've got the galaxy nexus - and it's slow as shite. So if it's a CPU thing, it's a LOL cpu thing cos this badboy had a dual core gigahertz thinger in it.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
It's not a CPU thing. It can't be. Any modern day smartphone should be able to run a "little" app like Facebook with its hands tied behind its back. It seems to run fine on my GS2 but I don't make enough use of it to fully be able to back that up.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
It's slow because everytime you click, it has to download your GPS position, all your mates statuses, what you're wearing from the camera, all your contacts list, emails, logins, pulse, erection status and credit card details..please be patient, owning your life takes bandwith.

TdC

You are using it wrong tdc, you don't have to load images to comment or like them. As I said, it's fine on iPhone.
how'd you turn that off then eh? my iphone friends and I would like to know.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
You don't turn it off, have you got the latest version of the app? You only need to press like or comment under the picture in the news feed to go the comments page or like it. This does not load the image first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom