[QUESTION] Favourite Warhammer novel

Moondiva

Fledgling Freddie
Well lately when waiting for OB i got back into reading some Warhammer

novels, to get into the mood. Reading 'The Ambassador Chronicles' atm.

If you've read any, i just wondered what your favs are? and any

you would recommend. Personally i love the 'Gotrek and Felix' series

(upto 'orcslayer' in the series) So what are your favs and why?

Uara

Part of the furniture
Rite well its a 40k novel, but anything by Dan Abnett. Eisenhorn trilogy is just incredible and then you've got the gaunts ghosts books. Especially the early ones, i have to say that necropolis or honour guard has to be my favourite ghost novels!

Fyfe

Loyal Freddie
I liked the anthologies Wolf Riders, Ignorant Armies and Red Thirst.

fredericus

Fledgling Freddie
Well Gotrek and Felix is some of the best, but i realy like the "blackhearts" omnibus, its more of a sinister and dark plot.

Moondiva

Fledgling Freddie
Thx for the replies, ive alot of reading todo. Even paperbacks arent cheap

these days, i can read one practically in a day. So id rather read

something that comes recommended. I know theres a whole host of 40k

novels, my brothers a 40k nut and has a bookcase full. Off to my local bookstore then with my shopping list :cheers:

Wildkard

Fledgling Freddie
Noooo your all noobs!! :twak:

The way forward is Heldenhammer! (and possibly also Nagas and then Malekeith when its out!) They are the fantasy version of the Horus Heresey and they rock!!!! Trust me..read it and you wont regret it!

Lollie

Loyal Freddie
quite liked oathbreaker (dwarfs rock) and loved the von carstein trilogy, busy reading the first felix and gotrek omnibus,

Sarkasm

Fledgling Freddie
I agree with Wildkard, check out Heldenhammer if you haven't already. It's the first part of the Sigmar trilogy set in a time before the Empire became a bunch of pussies:p There will also be overlap with the forthcoming Nagash trilogy and possibly the Malekith novels to.

Madtaff471

Fledgling Freddie
All the Felix and Gotrek novels in omnibus version, gotta luv those slayer's, pity there's not one on char select. Have also read the The tales of old, intresting little story in there about how Sigmar got his hammer.

Pranksterr

Fledgling Freddie
Ive found the tie-in Warhammer online : Age of Reckoning , Empire of Chaos by Anthony Reynolds a great read. It sets the scene really well of whats happening in the Old World as the game kicks off. It does concentrate on the Order side of things but thats not a bad thing considering how Destro are so popular atm :p .

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom