Favourite Film Moments

Himse

FH is my second home
Vladamir said:
It's yet to come out, or for that matter be thought up, but heres what mine would be;

You get a really serious scene in a film, maybe something post apocalyptic, filmstar looking over the vast expanse of this wasteland, giving some long, deep speech.

<goes to buy ticket now>

orly, the motion picture!

Followed by the one and only owl flying in and saying "Orly?"

:D

<goes to buy ticket now>

orly, the motion picture!

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
Spartacus - near the end when the Romans have crushed the uprising and the slaves have been recaptured. Roman General marches in and says which one of you is Spartacus. Kirk Douglas stands up and admits its him to take the rap, then one by one all his men stand up and say "I am Spartacus".....just made me want to cry.....

close second would be Theoden's speech to the Rohirrim just before they charged down into the massed ranks of the orcs (sent shivers down my spine in the cinema, I'd have cheerfully followed him to ruin that day)

and Rutger Haier (or however its spelt) little speech as he dies near the end of Bladerunner....."I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams ... glitter in the dark near Tanhauser Gate. All those ... moments will be lost ... in time, like tears ... in rain. Time ... to die."

sxx

Fledgling Freddie
Mel Gibson speech in Braveheart.
(Would you be willing to trade all of days...)

Ending in Donnie Darko

The Butterfly effect

Ending in The Usual Suspects
(..and like that, he disappeared)

The scene where Brad Pitt announces the rules in Fight Club
(First rule of fight club is....)

UrganNagru

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm theres the usual saving private ryan, and Black hawk down momments, but theres a few momments in the corny kung fu flicks which make me chuckle.

Big Boss- when Bruce Leee knocks some bloke through the wall of a wooden shed leaving a person shaped hole just like out of a cartoon.
Fist of Fury- Again a Bruce Lee film, the final moment when he's about to get shot by a firing squad, but it then freeze frames on hm doing a flying kick for the credits.

Ong Bak- In the night club after Tony Jaa fights the big Aussie and the japenes disco dancer, you just see this big bloke get up, and the refereee look worried. Your minds thinking "bloody hell! Another one!" expecting him too be a bad ass, instead the bloke proceeds to throw everything thats not nailed to the floor at Tony, just caught me totally off guard was laughing for a good few minutes afterwards. The swedish martial art of Ikea rocks ;)

"dog soldiers where spoon fights the werewolf, really gives it some then hes bound to lose and he looks at the werewolf and says in jordie accent "i ope i give you the fookin shits!!" "
That film was fantastic, so many good momments, though was that the bit were the bloke was basically trying to box the werewolf been ages since I've seen it so can't remember it too clearly.

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
In Braveheart: Freedoooooooooooom

13th Warrior: When he learns their language, when he's on his horse and jumps over the norse "Hmm the dog jumps", when he changes the sword into a katana "Give an arab a sword and he turns it into a knive, when you die can my daughter have that?"... basicly the entire movie really

In Fightclub: ... again entire movie really

Urgluf

Part of the furniture
obviously Gladiator and Full Metal Jacket. I also liked (the sniper in) Saving Private Ryan :worthy:

and alot of scenes from Million Dollar Baby

Sparda

Fledgling Freddie
That part where Hans the plumber walks in and asks that lass if she has anything that need's a good service. He then gets his tools out and gets to work.

Actauly the scripting in that film wasnt to great. had some good action sceens though

Healer McHeal

Fledgling Freddie
fight scenes in FF7:AC, hmm, first 3 or 4 mins to Karas, cant think of much else right now, apart from a scene in idle hands where some girl ends up in peices and one of the people says something along the lines of 'i liked her', and his friends say 'well you can still go back and get a bit' something like that anyway :p

Dantares

Fledgling Freddie
A fair few to mention.

Life Of Brian - Has to be the stoning scene, but virtually every scene in that movie is brilliant. A nigh on perfect movie and Monty Python's best by a long shot.

City Hunter - An anime done in live action with Jackie Chan that has a Street Fighter 2 scene that is better than the whole Street Fighter movie put together. (Not that hard though really.) A bit disturbing to see Jackie Chan dressed like Chun-Li though.

Garfield the Movie - The semi-animated and live action version. Not the best movie in the world, but when Garfield causes the chain-reaction that destroys Jon's work area and Garfield does the cheesy grin I found to be brilliant.

Moulin Rouge - The last few moments when at the end of the play. Not normally a person for soppy movie endings, but I liked that one.

Star Wars - Yoda vs Count Dooku.

There's probably lots more, but can't think this early.

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
"I eat Green Berets for breakfast. And right now I'm very hungry."
I always used to say that before having a rumble with my 3 brothers when i was younger

At the start in predator when arnie and carl weathers test each other with that mid air arm wrestle. Always brings a smile to my face no matter how many times I see it.

Roken

One of Freddy's beloved
Scene near begining of Leon where he opens the door to Matilda and there's a glorious splash of light, kinda salvation moment *choke*

Adlatus Hellbringer

Fledgling Freddie
The whole of Azumi 1 and 2 :) those films rock !!

And my all time favourite film has to be Heat. Especially the bank heist scene and the ending with Al Pachino and robert Deniro holding hands lol :p

Speedr

Fledgling Freddie
Amanita said:
Battle Royale, when the silly little boy gets stabbed in the nadgers, its great watching guys react to that ^^

Nice piece alright, but i love where shuuya's shouting into the megaphone, and that sneaky bastard comes up behind the girls with an uzi :p

And in BR2, where the army storm the compound for the last time :)

And my favourite Jap movie of all time Kikujiro, where Kitano's showing the kid how to swim :)

Non japanese flicks : Terminator, nightmares of the battlefields

Ace Ventura 2, where ace is singing the chitty-chitty bang bang song in the jeep :D

Oh, can't leave out the family guy movie, the intermission scene ^-^

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
so many good movies spring to my mind:)

the last prayer in the boondock saints <3

gone in 60 seconds where Sphinx comes an kick the shit out of the punks trying to beat up Nicolas Cage an blow up their car ...

Urgat

Part of the furniture
yay

So many moments...

Immediate thoughts are mainly from LOTR... Pete Jackson did a fantastic job thb...

thought of some others though as well

LOTR - Boromir's last stand. Powerful stuff.

LOTR - Aragorn Vs Lurtz. Makes you wanna shout "Yeah!" as he cuts the Uruk's Head off.

LOTR - The entire Council of Elrond extended version. You really start to understand that the ring is alive, and if you listen carefully you can hear it speaking in the dark tounge. As well as Gandalf's rendition of the Rhym of the Ring in the black speach. "Ash nazg durbatulúk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulűk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul" Super!

LOTR - The last charge of the Ents.

LOTR - Faramir's Charge. to the backdrop of Billy Boyds sad celtic dirge. <sniff>

LOTR - Arwan's Challenge to the Nazgul. Not in the book, but a fine scene none the less.

LOTR - You shall not pass! Exactly as i pictured it in my head... awsome.

Python's Holy Grail - The French castle scene. Classic.

Legend - Any scene with The prince of darkness in, brilliant character.

Full metal Jacket - "Get the fuck of my obsticle private pile!"

tons more tbh...

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Debbie does New York, near the ending, in the elevator.

Just brilliant.

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
Clerks

- When Randall is ordering the Happy Scrappy Hero Pup video for the Lady with the Kid.

- The "annoying customers" competition between Dante and Randall

Groundhog Day

- Bill Murray going downstairs in the Hotel in his pyjama, grabbing the Toaster, then going back up to commit suicide

Pulp Fiction

- The opening dialogue "Royal with Cheese" and "Foot massages" between Vincent and Jules

Natural Born Killers

...sooo many great scenes...

- The sitcom flashback sequence (highly disturbing)

- The TV interview of Mickey

- The indian who´s trying to "dispell the demons"

Full Metal Jacket

- Private Pyle going nuts

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Uncle Monty trying to commit "burglary" with Marwood in "Withnail and I" - the most frightening yet f*cking hilarious moment in any film :p

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Wicked - the last scene where the last murderer is revealed

Pulp Fiction - You have to stab it like a dagger....3 times? NO -- where they reanimate that girl from cocaine

Nikita - "Viktor, cleaning man" =)

Eurotrip - "Dude, Europe is like the size of the Eastern Mall, we'll just walk to Berlin - Cooper...England is an island - Whatever, we'll swim"
Eurotrip - the scene with Cooper and the girl in the pool

The Island - scene in the bar when Lincoln looks for his technician friend (who's shitting on the toiler)

I'm sure there're lots more, but I can't think of them atm, watched too many movies lately =)

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
i forgot 2..

south park - uncle fucker song

and ofc.. Geordie Star Wars - you are not gonna fucking belieeeeve whats coming down this canyon!!

sxx

Fledgling Freddie
Black Knight scene in Holy grail.
None shall pass!

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
The bit in Jaws where Roy Schneider with cigarette in mouth rants on about "coming down here to shovel some of this shit" when Jaws pops out of the water and he says "You're gonna need a bigger boat".

Excellent

Jeriraa

Fledgling Freddie
Resident Evil - when the S.T.A.R.S. team goes to enter the server room and finds out about the laser defense grid the hard way.

Aile

Fledgling Freddie
Gah such a long list to write :p

Pulp Fiction - Bruce Willis deciding what weapon to use

Monty Python And the Holy Grail - The white rabbit, The knights who say Ni and ofc the French Taunters

League of Gentlemen - The Royal Stool Collecter

Fight Club - The bit where Brad Pitt comes out of the room after being with Martha with yellow gloves on.

Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back - Good Will Hunting 2 scene

Anchorman - The news team fight, and Brick shouting 'I DONT KNOW WHAT WERE YELLING ABOUT'

Me,Myself and Irene - When Charlie first turns into Hank

and so much more :/

Naetha

Fledgling Freddie
Dog Soldiers - Where Kevin McKidd comes in, looks at piles of gore on the floor, and says "Where's Spoon?". Sean Pertwee replies "There is no spoon" - class moment :D

And another great quote:
Sean Pertwee: I am not breaking radio silence just cos' you lot got spooked by a dead flying fucking cow!

Other great moments - opening scene of 28 days later, any of the big LOTR fight scenes, duelling scene between Mandy Patinkin and Cary Elwes in Princess Bride...there's loads, I just can't think of them atm!

Phooka

Fledgling Freddie
The opening scene in once upon a time in the west at the train station...
It gets me jumping up and down on the cauch in anticipation evry time....

Comming to america: Eddy murphy is in the tub and after a while a sexeh lady surfaces with the message; "The royal penis is clean." :worthy:

Snatch: anytime when they say; "I hate pikies!"

Amanita

Part of the furniture
Ooh, Ooh, another one.

In PoTC when Jack Sparrow is being introduced and the camera pans out to see his ship sinking with him standing on the mast, then he steps off the mast onto the pier.

Thats just one of the best entrances I've seen and only really matched by Legend, when Darkness stalks out of the mirror. Brilliant stuff.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
The whole "Football Factory" is one of the best films ever imo..

Especially the parts:

"What else to do on a saturday? Tottenham away.. Love it"

"You know Stanley, eh?"

And some more :D

<Turns on teh DvD>

Dwun

Fledgling Freddie
Close to the end of Lock Stock..etc etc when Big Chris (Vinnie Jones) says "it's been emotional" :drink: perfect

The Matrix - "my name is Neo" :twak:

Love, Honour and Obey - "fix bayonets" ;)

The escape sceen from Shawshank and the moment when the warden realises he has been screwed :worthy:

totally agree with LOTR RoTK comments but the sceen was Pelinor Fields not Helm's Deep........" DEATH, DEATH, DEATH , DEATH DEEEEEEEEATH !" <shiver>

Aile

Fledgling Freddie
the end fights on Equalibirum is pretty hot too ;p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom