Favourite Film Moments

echome

Fledgling Freddie
All of Godfather, especially the dead horsehead part... love it :)

Don Corleone: I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse. :wanker:

It's my number 1 movie fav. ever

Dakkath

Can't get enough of FH
Hmmm, the most memorable movie scenes I can remember are probably:

Vader's entrance in the original (and best) star wars film... Damn that guy had prescence... Also the funeral pyre in RotJ was a good scene until Lucas starting sodding about with teh Jedi ghosts and &^%$£$ it up... :twak:

Raiders of the lost Ark... You all know the scene, evil sword wielding dude showing off and looking intimidating and Indy just shoots him :worthy:

A Few Good Men... You can't beat the Nicholson/Cruise court room scene :)

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
Raiders of the lost Ark... You all know the scene, evil sword wielding dude showing off and looking intimidating and Indy just shoots him

lol :D yes!

This was actually an improvisation by Harrison Ford and it turned out to be so funny that they decided to let it stay in the finished movie. :)

Amanita

Part of the furniture
Dakkath said:
Raiders of the lost Ark... You all know the scene, evil sword wielding dude showing off and looking intimidating and Indy just shoots him :worthy:

lol, yup! That one belongs in a hall of fame somewhere.

Krait

Fledgling Freddie
Zulu - The scene where the Welshmen start singing to counter the Zulus chanting..... very stirring

Schindlers List - The scenes all the way from Schindler receiving the ring to the survivors placing stones on his grave.............. only time I've ever cried about a film :(

From Here to Eternity - Montgomery Clift playing "The last post" after Sinatras death ...........very moving and almost teary.

RotK - The whole Battle of Pelennor Fields .......... classic edge of seat stuff :)

Contact - When Jodie Foster first hears the signal from space.......... brilliant.

Casablanca - When Bogie says goodbye at the end.

PotC - Every single scene with Depp cracks me up whenever I watch it........should have won the oscar for that part :)

Bahumat

FH is my second home
The bit in Blade 3 where the screen goes black and the names start appearing.....the credits!

Klonk

One of Freddy's beloved
Dirty Harry (the first one, from 1971):

"I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?"

Uber!

Also obviously the scene from Star Wars (Empire strikes back, isnt' it?): "I am your father" :)

And at the end of Return of the King (LotR) when all bow to the hobbits.. *sniff* :p

EDIT: Full Metal Jacket has been mentioned (of course), my favorite comment from Mr. Drill Srg. from Hell gotta be what he says about this kid named Snowball (I think): "looks like the best part of you ran down your momma's crack and ended up like a brown stain on the mattress!" :D

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
'Now if you apologise to my mule like I know you're going to...'

Clint rox.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Braveheart - All the big battles
The Kingdom Of Heaven - When they seige Jerusalem
Matrix - Anything with Agent Smith in it \o/
Mummy 2 - When the guys in the black suites fight those wolf things
Usual Suspects - the ending is class
Shawshank Redemption - All of it
Equilibrium - The end scenes when he wtfpwns everyone

Edit: oo how did i forget
Final Fantasy : Advent Children - When he fights the dragon (bahumut?) and Sephiroth
Finding Nemo - too many to list
Shrek - too many to list
Dont remember the name (robots?), Robin Williams does the voice over - When they are in the ball and he starts screaming "were all gona die!!"
Con Air - Hes got the whole world, in his hands.. Need i say more?
Fight Club - The end when he works it all out (carfeully worded for those who havent seen it :))

all i can think of atm :)

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
echome said:
Don Corleone: I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse. :wanker:
attachment.php

Attachments

• SA20082005260x280.gif
    SA20082005260x280.gif
    50.6 KB · Views: 23

Mordur

One of Freddy's beloved
Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is it vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.

try doing that in one take :p

V For Vendetta - the Wachowski brothers show their insane talent the 2 matrix sequels again...

right about everything in VFV is utterly genious :)

Phooka

Fledgling Freddie
Klonk said:
Dirty Harry (the first one, from 1971):

"I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?"

Uber!

YEAS!!! i couldnt remember the line exactly :worthy:

Klonk

One of Freddy's beloved
imdb.com ftw, they have a selection of quotes from most movies I think :) It's worth going there and looking up Dirty Harry and reading all the quotes tbh, alot of other good ones too.

Like the scene where Callahan has to explain to the Mayor and Chief of Police why he shot a guy:

Mayor: (tells Callahan to play it cool, then says: Understand? That's our policy.)
Callahan: Well, when an adult male is chasing a female with intent to commit rape, I shoot the bastard. That's MY policy.
Mayor: Intent? How did you establish that?
Callahan: When a naked man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross! (Walks out of the room)

Mayor (to Chief of Police): He's got a point..

Dakkath

Can't get enough of FH
Pulp Fiction: A fine film with some fine quotes...

And, what is your name?
Butch.
Butch. What does it mean?
I'm American, honey. Our names don't mean sh**.

Pigs are filthy animals. I don't eat filthy animals.

Yeah but bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste good.

Hey, sewer rat may taste like pumpkin pie, but I'd never know 'cause I wouldn't eat the filthy mother-fu**ers. Pigs sleep and root in sh**. That's a filthy animal. I ain't eating nothing that ain't got sense enough to disregard his own feces.

How 'bout a dog? Dog eats his own feces.

I don't eat dog either.

Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal?

I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy, but they definitely dirty. But, dog's got personality; personality goes a long way.

Ahh, so by that rational, if a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal. Is that true?

Well, we'd have to be talking one charming mother-fu**ing pig.

This watch was on you daddy's wrist when he was shot down over Hanoi. He was captured and put in a Vietnamese prison camp. He knew that if the gooks ever saw the watch, they'd confiscate it--take it away. The way your dad looked at it, this watch was your birthright.

He'd be damned if any slope's gonna put their greasy yellow hands on his boy's birthright. So, he hid it, in one place he knew he could hide something: his ass. Five long years he wore this watch . . . up his ass.

Then, he died of dysentery, he give me the watch. I hid this uncomfortable hunk of metal up my ass two years. Then, after seven years, I was sent home to my family. And now, little man, I give the watch to you.

Ezekiel 25:17. 'The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyrannies of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepards the weak through the valley of darkness. For he is truly his brothers' keeper and finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.'

Now I've been saying that s*** for years, and if you've ever heard it, it meant your ass. I never gave much thought to what it meant, I just thought it was a cold blooded thing to say to a mother f***er before I popped a cap in his ass. But I saw some s*** this morning that made me think twice.

Now I'm thinking it could mean you're the evil man, and I'm the righteous man. And Mr. 9mm here is the shepherd, protecting my righteous ass. Or maybe it means that you're the righteous man, and I'm the shepherd, and it's the world that's evil and selfish. Now I'd like that, but you see that s*** ain't the truth. The truth is, YOU'RE the weak, and I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm trying, Ringo. I'm trying real hard to be the shepherd.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Dakkath said:
Pulp Fiction: A fine film with some fine quotes...
one of the best movies made post 1990 imo i can keep watching every scene of it again and again and they just improve!

Lethul

FH is my second home
Jesse: Dude! You got a tattoo!
Chester: So do you, dude! Dude, what does my tattoo say?
Jesse: "Sweet!" What about mine?
Chester: "Dude!" What does mine say?
Chester: [angry] "Dude!" What does mine say?
Jesse: [screaming] "Sweet!"

[the two brothers are in an airshaft and getting a bit uncomfortable]
Murphy: Where the fuck are you going?
Connor: Shhh. I fucking hear some shit out here.
Murphy: Ahh, fuck you! I'm sweatin' my ass off carrying your fuckin' rope around. Must weigh thirty pounds...
Connor: Shhh. We are doing some serious shit here, now get a fucking hold of yourself!
Murphy: Oh, *fuck you*! I'm not the rope-totin' Charlie Bronson wannabe that's getting us fucking lost!
Connor: Would you fucking shut it?
[taps him on the head with his flash light, and both brothers start fighting in the air vent until it gives way]
Connor: Jesus fucking Christ!
Murphy: Oh, shit!
[the vents give way]

always makes me laugh :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom