Favourite Fantasy/SF characters

P

- Pathfinder -

Originally posted by old.windforce
well, compared to Data and Harkonnen he is a whimp. Always wining about the teachers mugging him. Great novel though. Enders Shadow i can recommend

Harkonnen is a bloated slug, and Data is part of the awful ST setting :p Ender wins! :)

D

Damon_D

Wolverine from X-men

Storm Silverhand

Flint Fireforge

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by - Pathfinder -
That series stands for everything i abhor about bad fantasy; a rather starightforward "quest"; a young, totally inexperienced guy defeating the ebst efforts of the allmighty evil etc.

LOL... Heck, I don't mind other people having a different taste - but show me a story line which does not involve an epic quest of some degree. The books are extremely well written, the story is immersive... still love it;)

Your mentioning of Robin Hood marks you as a naive person :p WTF are my cynics? :(

:p

I am not talking about the hunky dory, peon loving Robin Hood in green tights... gee.
That's why I said "the adaption with Patrick Bergin".

Read - comprehend - post reply.
Three easy steps to keep the troll out of your house.

P

- Pathfinder -

Originally posted by sickofit...
LOL... Heck, I don't mind other people having a different taste - but show me a story line which does not involve an epic quest of some degree. The books are extremely well written, the story is immersive... still love it;)

Martin's, Eriksson's, to name two series. Oath of Empire doesn't have a quest as such either, but it's a question of how you define it.

I am not talking about the hunky dory, peon loving Robin Hood in green tights... gee.

Robin Hood is Robin Hood; go peons go! :m00:

O

old.Revz

Anomander Rake, A Malazan Book of the Fallen

He gets my vote if only for turning up to a fancy dress party carrying a 7' two-handed sword that slays gods. Also the description of chains clanking and huge cart wheels creaking when he draws it is very good.

Tomas, Magician.

For discovering that amazing suit of armour in a dungeon much like we all secretly hoped we would do each time we played an RPG.

Raistlin, Cameron and the rest of their party, Dragonlance series.

For having an adventure that read more like an AD&D module than a book but actually being fun and making you wish you had ever played something GMed that well :)

P

- Pathfinder -

The sword IS Rake :) Unfortunately he gets a personality later ;)

I used to love Tomas (and Pug) when I was young; still remember them when I go sentimental.

But for the love of God, NO MORE DRAGONLANCE! :p

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Naw... Dragonlance is an all time classic. The Chronicles at least.

And for god's sake, Pathfinder... have you seen the Patrick Bergin version or not? It's like talking about color with a blind man...

... peon. Harrr

G

gengi

Lazarus Long

Lazarus Long,
Sam Gamgee (yes from LoTR)
Quite like Waylander
Hate whats his puss from the wheel of time 700 pages which should be condensed to 250.
Richard Raul is ok can become a bit sickly though.
Later
Gengi

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom