Favourite CS maps ?

T

throdgrain

I expect this has been done before, but in the light lately of an almost uncontrollable urge to kill the next person who says "vote de_dust ffs" I was wondering what were peoples favourite maps.
Excluding Dust Dust2 and Aztec. Thats excluding !

Personally, mine at the moment would be Train, Inferno and Storm, with possibly a bit of Torn thrown in for good measure.

Tell me yours please, perhaps we could build the "perfect map cycle " :)

D

Deadmanwalking

Ns_lost, ns_nothing and ns_tanith :D

Oh CS maps! ;) Militia, backalley and train :)

L

~Lazarus~

always liked cs_italy. Others :

de_piranesi
de_nuke
de_inferno
cs_office

not really fussed on others - just play them cos they come on.

One I HATE is survivor

D

Debaser

Nuke!
Piranesi!
Train!
Torn! (when it aint laggy)

T

throdgrain

Btw, if you seriously think that d,d2 and az are the only maps, let me know that too please ta :)

1tchy trigger

Italy
Office
Arab streets
Highrise

O

old.D0LLySh33p

I'll admit it...

I like d2.

:p

But as before...

The daddeh is...

de_f_option.

D

darthshearer

At forst I loved D & D2 but not that much now?

Anyway mine would have to be....

train
italy
Aztec
Inferno

:)

Dont mind a bit of militia too :)

E

ECA

Originally posted by old.D0LLySh33p
I'll admit it...

I like d2.

:p

But as before...

The daddeh is...

de_f_option.

So, So right.

A

-adz-

Hmm

Publics :

Dust2, foption ( non button of death ), arabstreets, cobble

Clan Matches :

Dust2, Nuke, Train, Inferno

Dust2 in all fairness is actually enjoyable, and no-one ever complains about it

P

pcg79

there once was a map called flasses. you spawned in a little box high in teh sky. the boxes had glass floors. after freefalling, you would land on a building with glass floors and on the bottom there would be guns. and you could go outside and get teleported up to a sentry gun thing.

A

-adz-

ah yeah, for comedy value :

siege with apc ( u try reversing the apc off the edge off the cliff when everyone is inside)

and railroad! Everyone thought the idea of travelling on that thing was class, but was sooo frag bait

C

Ch3tan

Foption (agreed d0lly, all time daddeh :) ), Italy, Assault, Train, Nuke, Inferno, Torn (when its not lagging like buggery), Arab streets, 747 and the version of Office with the doors you had to open all over the place (7.1 I believe). Thunder was also highly enjoyable when it had lots of people on.

D

Deady

i liked the plane.

Especially when i could move hostages and place them behind the curtains, shoot them in the leg to 1hp, and then fire my pistol in the air wildly baiting the CTs to shoot the curtain.

Shame they stopped terrorists moving hostages are ruined the game completely.

S

scooby-doo

any hossie map.

move move move oh fuck it

BANG.

S

scooby-doo

seriously i like

italy.
militia.
train
assault

i fucking loathe the following

nuke
dust 1 and 2
office
chateau
piranesi

T

throdgrain

First vote for assault there :)
I was wondering how the previously irritating, but still popular maps like Siege, Assault and , to a point Millitia would play now, with the introduction of the shield.
All this thread by the way is because I have a big ol list of favourites on my ase for cs, yet all the full servers seem almost always to be playing the dusts, aztec or inferno. The "match" map cycle, Dust, Dust 2, Aztec, Inferno, Cbble (not current I know) Prodigy etc is boring the tits of me at the moment. Im not saying they're not good maps, because they are, but playing them every night is boredom itself, and surely only popular with people who are far more concerned with their scores than is healthy for them.
Perhaps if we had a really good map rotation for a game.net preview server it may even attract more people ?

T

throdgrain

Oh yeah :) Im going to try Assault soon, I want to see what difference them nasty shields make - if any !

S

scooby-doo

they make a hell of a diif m8 on assault,especially in the vents you can get your full team in easily if you have someone at the front with a shield.

M

Megatron

hmmmm foption, happy days playing that and spamming not to buy as the cts had hit "the button". Pity no ones listened!
Really enjoyed arabstreets too.

Oh and highrise! I know it was stupidly hard as CT but i got massive satisfaction when you managed to get the vip past the hord of camping T's with awps on the heli pad heh! :)

In summary...
de_foption
cs_arabstreets
cs_thunder
de_luxor
as_highrise

assault just sucks imo, 2k is better and upc (that right?!) is quite good

T

throdgrain

Megz, none of those are current maps mate, and so wont be on a "standard " server :)

Still happy birthday anyway :D

M

Megatron

but u never specified!!!

Pfft if u want current maps, err, um, well, DC lost village? heh
Must be office then or inferno!

Thanks btw mate :) Will no doubt get monumentally drunk tonight hehe!

T

Trem

MEGZ!!! HAPPEH BIRFDAY!!!

Some birthday sex-love for you tonight sweetheart.

L

leggy

If you know what's good for you megz you will stay away.

OR DIE!!!1!

M

Megatron

lol legs its too late!!!

Trem's already violated me enough times that i have to wear a nappy :(

A

-adz-

Its alright for you, i have to stuff the whole thing :O

C

Ch3tan

Hb Megatron.

Oh and foption as CT's, leg it to the lift before anyone, into the vent, shoot the T's coming down the stairs and those across the hall, run up the stairs and rush the T's going the other way from behind. Got sooo mnay kills with that, and no one ever caught on, silly t's :)

Arabstreets was always fun till everyone got on the roof, then it got very silly :)

Users who are viewing this thread