Drink Favourite alcoholic beverage

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Beer - Dead Pony Club (preferably draught, but bottle or can is acceptable, as they taste remarkably similar) or Sam Adams. Also partial to a Heineken, as long as I'm not in the UK. Tastes great in the rest of the world, has a horrible aftertaste in the UK.
Scotch - Macallan Amber (or 10 Year Old if you can still find a bottle) or Tomatin
Wine - Only way I'm a drink snob is that I'll typically only drink wine if a nice Burgundy, such as a Graves or a Margaux is available.
Vodka - Tito's Handmade Vodka

Soft Drinks - Pepsi. Always Pepsi. Or the Bru.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
I drink Lager / Pilsner when I can get it. Over here, Stella Artois is the one you can get consistently and the most consistent taste wise, so end up drinking that a lot. Carlsberg, Kronenbourg, Radeberger are preferable but much harder to get. Something is wrong with Heineken in the USA, doesn't taste the same as in Europe, I avoid it like the plague.

For non beer, I drink vodka and lemonade, Sprite if they don't have real lemonade. Vodka brand matters less after the first one.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
I drink Lager / Pilsner when I can get it. Over here, Stella Artois is the one you can get consistently and the most consistent taste wise, so end up drinking that a lot. Carlsberg, Kronenbourg, Radeberger are preferable but much harder to get. Something is wrong with Heineken in the USA, doesn't taste the same as in Europe, I avoid it like the plague.

For non beer, I drink vodka and lemonade, Sprite if they don't have real lemonade. Vodka brand matters less after the first one.

Heh for most of the last week I've been drinking Heineken, as it's either that or Miller Lite, or Sex in a Canoe as it's otherwise known....

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Duvel
Bollinger
Several IPAs
Several strong stouts / porters (1872 was nice)

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Beer - Dead Pony Club (preferably draught, but bottle or can is acceptable, as they taste remarkably similar) or Sam Adams. Also partial to a Heineken, as long as I'm not in the UK. Tastes great in the rest of the world, has a horrible aftertaste in the UK.
Scotch - Macallan Amber (or 10 Year Old if you can still find a bottle) or Tomatin
Wine - Only way I'm a drink snob is that I'll typically only drink wine if a nice Burgundy, such as a Graves or a Margaux is available.
Vodka - Tito's Handmade Vodka

Soft Drinks - Pepsi. Always Pepsi. Or the Bru.
Sam adams is nice in mass. Not found it other places

Lakih

Resident Freddy

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Spirits - G&T (Hendricks, Sipsmiths).
Whiskey (Glenlivet 30 yr old).
Beer - Ales (London Pride, Doombar, Tanglefoot, Speckled Hen, 6X)
Larger - (Pure Blond - low carb, Asahi, Peroni)
Wine Red (Bordeaux - St Estephe, St Emillion), (Pinotage - Neederburg)
Wine White (Light and crisp Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Grigio or Pinot Noir)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
@Big G
On cans:
Can making company and producers of canned drinks in "cans are great" shocker.

But even then - the Indie Beer Can Company doesn't refute that cans do affect flavour:
Indie Beer Can Co. said:
Trust us, if you pour your beer into a glass you will find it very hard to tell how it was packaged

But as I said previously:
if you drink from the can you can taste the can. If you're buying in cans to pour into a glass? Debate to be had

But really - this is how I feel ;)

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
@Big G
On cans:

Can making company and producers of canned drinks in "cans are great" shocker.

But even then - the Indie Beer Can Company doesn't refute that cans do affect flavour:

But as I said previously:

But really - this is how I feel ;)

I wouldn't even drink Coke out of a can, never mind beer, but then I don't drink straight out of bottles anymore either, because its not 1995 anymore.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I wouldn't even drink Coke out of a can, never mind beer, but then I don't drink straight out of bottles anymore either, because its not 1995 anymore.
You don't take a glass onto a train with you tho do ya ;)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Erg, trains, what a dreadful experience.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
It's illegal to drink in public in Scotland in many places, including trains between certain times. There's been quite a culture shift in Scotland, you tend not to see public drinking anymore.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I don't drink on trains.
Neither do I tbh. (Although it was mandatory on a stag do I went on to Edinburgh a while back, so a few of those beavertowns were downed).

But:
Actually, on the very rare occasions I drink coke it's out of a bottle rather than a can - can't stand it out of cans. I never drink it at home - we don't keep any sugary drinks in the house. So out of the receptacle is the only way - and bottles are farrrrr better.

Erg, trains, what a dreadful experience.
Disagree. Trains are great. Watch a film / have something to eat / watch the countryside going by. If you're going to the town centre of somewhere then train travel is by far the most relaxing way to get there.

old.user4556

Depends on the train and when. Rush hour on the tube? I'd rather someone shat in my mouth.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Depends on the train and when. Rush hour on the tube? I'd rather someone shat in my mouth.
Agree completely. When I visit London I walk everywhere even outside of rush hour. Much more interesting.

old.user4556

I got the train from Edinburgh to London once, it was pretty decent until you got to around Darlington (or maybe York, or maybe that was the train to Leeds...) and the seat-fights started.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I got the train from Edinburgh to London once, it was pretty decent until you got to around Darlington (or maybe York, or maybe that was the train to Leeds...) and the seat-fights started.
Meh. You get your seat booked, no problems :)

old.user4556

That's the very problem, people sitting in the booked seats prior to their arrival at the pre-booked station and the ensuing arguments because so many people have to move.

Fuckers shouldn't be sitting there, end of.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Tell the chavs to fuck the fuck off and sit on the floor.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
That's the very problem, people sitting in the booked seats prior to their arrival at the pre-booked station and the ensuing arguments because so many people have to move
There's no argument tbh - if the seats are booked from, say, Newcastle > York then whoever's sat there needs to move. Simples.

But yeah. These shitty train companies need to be forced to put more carriages on.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
There's no argument tbh - if the seats are booked from, say, Newcastle > York then whoever's sat there needs to move. Simples.

But yeah. These shitty train companies need to be forced to put more carriages on.
Think they need longer platforms for that. Lol

Trains in the south east are shite. Packed and not a nice experience. An intercity from london to scotland or york or whatever completely different experience.

Syri

FH is my second home
Agree completely. When I visit London I walk everywhere even outside of rush hour. Much more interesting.
I'm the same, only get the tube if I'm in a real hurry to get somewhere, or if I'm going into or out of one of the outer areas of Greater London. Anywhere from Hyde Park to Canary Wharf I'll just walk it.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I'm the same, only get the tube if I'm in a real hurry to get somewhere, or if I'm going into or out of one of the outer areas of Greater London. Anywhere from Hyde Park to Canary Wharf I'll just walk it.
Mostly just goto london for work so take taxis and expense them. Will take the tube off peak but anywhere near rush hour is a no no.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I like those irish creams you can buy. Baileys is decent but too expensive, so I buy the cheapo stuff from Aldi.

I also quite like Riga Black Balsam with proper (loads of sugar) blackcurrant cordial.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Cant stand baileys and that sort of drink. Kinda a girls drink really. ;)

SilverHood

FH is my second home

I once got the train from Bournemouth to Stockport. The seats had little LEDs that said if they were reserved. I sat down in a not reserved seat. Latter, someone reserved the seat from Birmingham to Manchester... While I was already sitting there. I was politely woken up and asked to move. If he hadn't been polite, I'd have told him to get stuffed. Anyway, there were plenty of spare seats, I was traveling on my own, so not really an issue.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
It's illegal to drink in public in Scotland in many places, including trains between certain times. There's been quite a culture shift in Scotland, you tend not to see public drinking anymore.

With regards to drinking in public and in trains, the same goes in Sweden. It isn't really an issue as you can drink a beer on subways/trains and if police notices they simply asks you to pour it out - no worries. Though, what irks me is that it's illegal to serve alcohol outside after a certain hour. Bullshit deluxe.

sayward

Resident Freddy
Watching an American series, at a 'do' they had small bottles of champagne with a sort of silver metal cup stuck in the top of the bottle to drink out of. Never seen that before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom