Drink Favourite alcoholic beverage

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
Exactly what it says on the tin. What's your favourite tipple?

Mine's currently Baby Guinness. Two shots of Tia Maria with a shot of Bailey's on top.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I am a simple man

Vodka + Pepsi (sugar free naturally)

or

Jack Daniels straight

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Vodka and diet lemonade

Real ale

Sencere white wine
Chateux nerf du pape red wine

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Currently this:
IMG_2696.JPG
(I'm off the Brewdog, got a bit bored), and this:
IMG_2695.JPG
A mate of mine who goes to Japan a lot got me hooked on Nipponese single malts.

sayward

Resident Freddy
Ps we have a bottle of champagne every weekend. My drink of choice!

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Not out of a can I hope... the only good thing to come out of a can is beans!
That single malt is in a bottle it looks like to me. And beer out of a can is fine.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Ewwww. Beer out of a can?!!! Do you take a lot of trains?

Edit. What raven said.

I'd link to my current favourite but their website's down. Thornbridge Brewery's Jaipur IPA. 5.9%. Out of a fucking 500ml bottle, not their new 350ml size, that costs the same :eek:

Halcyon by the same brewery is fantastic but hard come by. Abbeydale's Moonshine is also awesome and the best beer in the lake district is Loweswater Gold.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Bunch of snobs :p

Cans of beer are fine

Tho favorite has to be a gin and tonic

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Tell Brooklyn Lager, Beavertown and Brewdog that beer in cans is bad, you bunch of cork-sniffing wankers.

Anyway, my favourite drinks depends on what it is and when I'm drinking it. Currently:

- Octomore 6.1 is my favourite smokey malt just now
- Caesar Augustus is a nice "night out" bottle of IPA. Being a hybrid, it has the light crispness of a lager with the hoppy undertone of an IPA. Very drinkable.
- Tropic Thunder is an excellent stout, I love chocolate orange and the fact this is made with orange peel is just fabulous
- Beavertown Gamma Ray is my go-to IPA when I can find it, it's normally quite expensive
- Fallen Brewing's First Class Rendevous is another stout that has a hint of chilli in it, utterly delicious and very stimulating on the palate. Hard to find, but local to me.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Tell Brooklyn Lager, Beavertown and Brewdog that beer in cans is bad, you bunch of cork-sniffing wankers.
Brooklyn Lager is so-so, Beavertown is massively compromised in cans as opposed to on-tap, and Brewdog is better out of bottles.

They'll sell their shit any way people will buy it, but you can always taste can, so the taste is compromised. Even cans that are properly lined as to impart no flavour - if you drink from the can you can taste the can. If you're buying in cans to pour into a glass? Debate to be had.

But you ain't on the train then, are you... ;)

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Moaning about cans is just snobbery for real ale types who breathed in too much straw and its stuck in their brains. They'll bitch about cans when the fucking stuff is made and stored in aluminium kegs.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
- Beavertown Gamma Ray is my go-to IPA when I can find it, it's normally quite expensive
Got it on tap and in cans at my local.

Tap all the way. Unless Train*. See above.

*or Tramp.

Moaning about cans is just snobbery for real ale types who breathed in too much straw and its stuck in their brains. They'll bitch about cans when the fucking stuff is made and stored in aluminium kegs.
Please to be seeing my point about pouring into glass above ;)

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
my current fave "it's a beer - beer" is De Koninck's Wild Jo. They call it a Belgian Wild Ale.
fave IPA is Brouwerij 't IJ's IPA. fave overall beer is a trappist: Orval aka Val d'Or. Never have more than three, they will destroy you :)

soft-drink wise, I really, really like a good Ginger Ale. I mean the ones that actually taste of ginger. best one I can currently source is the Fentimans Ginger Ale

current fave mixer (ooh err) is a thing called a Dublin Mule, which is Jamison, ginger ale and lime juice, over ice.

I like a decent G&T, but I'm no high end guy with that. I'll have any one, but I do like the Hendrick's & Fever-Tree combo. fave drinking whisky is the Highland Park 18. smashing all-rounder. fave tasting whisky is any whisky really (to taste). Current fave wine is an Amarone, specifically the '06 Stropa

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I should pop over some time. We could have some and talk about travel :)

Embattle

FH is my second home
I don't drink alcohol, in my teens my mates used to get hammered and I just never saw the point and I disliked the taste when I tried a sip of alcohol beverages in my youth.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.

Syri

FH is my second home
I've developed a liking for Jack Daniels Honey, either on its own or with some cloudy lemonade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom