Favorite Nibbles

V

Vell

So what are you're favorite things to eat whilst playing?

Me: Chocolate of any kind, Bourbon biscuits. Sometimes chips if I can be bothered to cook them.

I

Icecreamsheep

Jaffa Cakes.
Sweet and Sour Haribo mix.
Chocolate Pop Tarts.
Chocolate Nutrigrain.
Hash cakes.

Erm, basically anything i can find in the kitchen or cook.

To drink - if its alcoholic (and not rum, gin or bitter) then ill drink it.

Sheepy

I

ivan_tribbiani

Since i dont like beer i drink White Russian or sometimes Smirnoff Ice < But after about 12 of these i usually start playing crap>

As for food ... i prefer fruit or fruit salad while playing. Most times just chewing gum.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Lately I've been eating salami buns w/ pickles while playing... oh- Snyder's pretzel snacks AER TEH YUM, too!!1

Plus a gallon of coffee, soda nearby;)

O

old.Ayam Ganbatte

Normally some fruit: peeled oranges and sliced apples.

It's to give me energy for Dance Dance Revolution which I inevitably play after DAoC.

S

SFXman

Drink is usually coffee or water.
Food is usually sandwiches or any dinner that is served that day.

D

Danya

Originally posted by Orin Askhammare
Beer, it's all you need!
You nibble your beer? okaaay...
I prefer chocolate myself, or ginger cake.

S

SFXman

Beer is great while playing DAoC. I'd say weed is almost better... except I couldn't keep track of an event and stuck to the PCC :rolleyes:

I

Icecreamsheep

Ask my guild about being stoned while playing. Id been eating my hash cakes during the afternoon and had smoked some spliffs during the evening.

By the time i got online i couldnt type properly and someone had to translate for me in the guild :).

I also believe that for an entire fight against a mob i had targeted our tank and was trying to shoot him, then after everyone had been wiped out i realised my mistake and shot the creature to finish the battle off :(.

Also conversations take a while - i usually slow from my speed typing to that of a one fingered asthmatic snail, therefore it can take me up to 15 mins to reply to some messages.

On another note, coffee is good - I can class mine as food as well - i usually have enough coffee in the cup to make it syrupy :)

Sheepy

D

Danya

Real coffee requires a spoon to eat. :D
Beer on the other hand should flow freely, and hence doesn't require nibbling :)

N

Nala Lionne

Chocooooooolaaaaaaaaaaaateeee!!

Esp. maltesers :clap: :clap:

V

Vell

Oooo yes maltesers! And those little crunchie nuggets you can get now. And mini smarties - they're sooooo sweet!

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

mmmmh... true, Maltesers are good. They tend to shred the roof of my mouth after I had a couple, though. :(

N

Nala Lionne

mmmmh... true, Maltesers are good. They tend to shred the roof of my mouth after I had a couple, though

True, its an odd sensation .... not found it from any other food stuff to date.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

I had one of those Cadbury Wunderbars the other day... nearly suffocated because my jaws were glued together ... just too much peanutbutter.

Not really a candybar person... like salty food much better. Except gummies... love winegum :)

N

Nala Lionne

Oooh bring forward the winegummy goodness :D

I love Cadbury's Curly Wurlys :D :D

YAY :clap:

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

I feel cheated when I buy Curly Wurlies... holes in the braid are just too big. Imagine the whole thing.. hmm.. compressed... basically the size of a Slim Jim (I miss those!! Wanna go back to the States*sniffles*)... mmmmh Slim Jims....*sighs*

N

Nala Lionne

Thing about USA chocolate that annoys me is a lot of it is the same but with different names....

IE. Our mars bars = Their milky ways

(or so i remember)

Annoying :)

S

SFXman

My ass their milky way is our mars bar... but anyway the best chocolate in the world is Fazer Blue which you can obtain here in Finland.
In Ireland though I just couldn't get enough of... what was it called "Flake" or "Flakes" ? Soooo nice....

D

Delket

Originally posted by sickofit...
I had one of those Cadbury Wunderbars the other day... nearly suffocated because my jaws were glued together ... just too much peanutbutter.

Not really a candybar person... like salty food much better. Except gummies... love winegum :)

Didnt affect your typing skills eh :)
BTW thats funny, lol

D

danskmacabre

Beer (lots)
Coffee (when late in the evening)
Cocoa Pops (quick snack)
Pizza (on weekends)
Toasted cheese sandwiches (If I can be arsed making it)

and..

A big jug of water...Sometimes only water will slake a DAOC thirst.

D

danskmacabre

Originally posted by SFXman
In Ireland though I just couldn't get enough of... what was it called "Flake" or "Flakes" ? Soooo nice....

I lived in Ireland a couple of yeara ago...

Did you know that the Cadbur's factory (the makers of Flake)
in Dublin was closed down, due to having way too many cockroaches in the chocolate..

Did you also know that is is legal to have a certain level of cockroaches in chocolate, as it is simply impossible to keep the buggers out of the factory..
However, it was so bad in the Dublin plant, that had to just close the place down.

Still enjoying your flake? :)

D

Danya

Thought all cadbury's chocolate came from Birmingham?

D

danskmacabre

Originally posted by Dannyn
Thought all cadbury's chocolate came from Birmingham?

Do you mean all Cadbury's chocolate in the UK? or UK/Ireland?
Or Europe? or the World?

Anyway No, they don't....Unless you live in Birmingham and you world is Birmingham...:D

There's also a Cadbury's factory in Tasmania/Australia...
and one in Beijing China

D

danskmacabre

Here's the info on th Dublin site
Cadbury Ireland built its first Irish factory at Ossory Road, Dublin. The factory made just three products, including the most famous bar of themb all - Cadbury’s Dairy Milk.

Ossory Road, Dublin

By 1939, rapid expansion meant that a second Cadbury’s factory had to be built on Dublin’s East Wall Road.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Thank you very much... you just had me fly into the kitchen to check the Cadbury stuff in the goody shelf...

... made in CANADA... *phew*

Now don't tell me it's legal in Canada to have any kind of animal/insect in the chocolate (polar bears?)...

D

danskmacabre

Originally posted by sickofit...
Thank you very much... you just had me fly into the kitchen to check the Cadbury stuff in the goody shelf...

... made in CANADA... *phew*

Now don't tell me it's legal in Canada to have any kind of animal/insect in the chocolate (polar bears?)...

:D

Well, the FDA ( Food and drug Administration...American) has the same law..
So, it's quite likely your Canadian bar of choccy has bits of cockroach in it as well, as the Canadian version of the FDA PROBABLY has the same allowance.
The reason they allow it , is they just simply cannot completely eradicate Cockroaches from the factories..

Here's the specific info on the levels allowed.
The U. S. Department of Health publishes a booklet entitled "The Food Defect Action Levels" and lists specifications of "current levels for natural or unavoidable defects in food" for chocolate in the form of "insect, rodent, and other natural contami-nants" allowed by the FDA. Tolerance levels for chocolate and chocolate liquor used in the manu-facture of such products as Hershey's chocolate, are up to 120 insect fragments per cup (8 oz) or 2 rodent hairs per cup. That means the Hershey's chocolate bar you eat may contain one rodent hair and 16 insect parts, and yet carry the FDA's blessing.
For chocolate powder or pressed cakes used for baking, there must be no more than 75 insect parts in 3 tablespoons of powder. Up to 4% of the cacao beans may be infested by insects. Rat droppings or other animal excreta must not exceed 10 milligrams per pound!

Not to mention these other side effetcs of you choccy
Chocolate contains theobromine (a harmful alkaloid causing abnormal gland growth, headaches, sleepless-ness, depression, upset stomach, itching, and flushing of the skin), and tannin (thought to cause cancer of the digestive tract), and may contain high amounts of caffeine and theophylline. These poisons must be flushed out of the system by the kidneys and liver. Children who drink cocoa are more likely to have bedwetting problems. Chocolate has recently been incrimi-nated in prostrate enlargement in men.

Enjoy.....:)

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Read the quotes to the missus... *grins*... 'shocked' describes it best. Well, I feel a bit sick to my stomach.. rat shit in chocolate? Jesus...

Heck, insect parts are high in proteine for fecks sake... :)

Could you post a link to those quotes? Would like to read more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom