Favorite comedian?

D

Damini

Creep Addl :)

Lee Evans fills me pure irrational hate. Everytime I see him blither and sweat on stage I just want him to have a stage light fall on his head. I don't mind him in films and stuff, its just his stage persona and his material riles me. Kudos to him, he's got very rich and very famous and lots of people love it, but I can't bear it.

Bill Bailey, Bill Hicks, Eddie Izzard, Emo Philips - all amazing stand up acts.

I'm not so keen on Mark Lamarr's stand up, but he's pure gold in Nevermind the Buzzcocks.

M

~Mobius~

Originally posted by Damini
I'm not so keen on Mark Lamarr's stand up, but he's pure gold in Nevermind the Buzzcocks.

Amen sister. :)

D

Damini

Oh yeah, completely forgot Peter Kay. Got his video for christmas and it was awesome.

D

Durzel

In no particular order..

Ricky Gervais
Bill Bailey
Will Ferrell

Does anyone actually find Paul Merton funny?

M

Munkey-

Lee evans, if i'm thinking right here, reminds me of that really incompetent guy who was in the RAF and stuff for those BBC comedy shows back in the 80s or something. Hate the chap, however his performance in Edingburgh (shown on C5 once) was pretty funny.

"MALCOM!"

A

Addlcove

Creep Addl :)

<creeps back under Damini´s bed>

sorry dear, that was in no particular order btw, but you do tend to make me laugh, and I don´t kow ANY of those guys you are all mentioning ;)

S

Sharma

Oh yeah, completely forgot Peter Kay. Got his video for christmas and it was awesome.

Have to acgree there, Peter kay rocks on stand up and Phoenix nights was great. :D

F

-fus-

Arnold Schwarzenegger, he's a god with his election speach's. 'ILL BE BACK'
But aside from that genius, Lee Evans. Fantastic stuff.

L

~Lazarus~

For me

Billy Connolly

has to be the top comedian

Others :

Eddie Murphy (old stand up comedy)
Richard Pryor (old stand up stuff)
Chubby Brown (used to like his early stuff)

T

Tom

"You're playing all the wrong notes!"

"I'm playing all the right notes......but not necessarily in the right order."

Eric Morecombe you mongs!

also:

2 Ronnies, and the Irish comedian of the eighties who always did his routine on a tall stool with a glass of whiskey. Damn whats his name...

S

SilverHood

Kasper Christensen (think thats his name, tæske holdet and all that)

funniest guy ever to walk the earth

J

Jonaldo

Sorry Uncle Sick(tm) much as I wub you n all but I gotta ask it..

Who's the funniest German comedian ever?

*tumbleweeds glide past*

J

Jonaldo

Originally posted by Addlcove
<creeps back under Damini´s bed>

sorry dear, that was in no particular order btw, but you do tend to make me laugh, and I don´t kow ANY of those guys you are all mentioning ;)
Just check out Eddie Izzard if you consider yourself of the intellectual type and you'll find a great comedian :)

As for Lee Evans.... how long can a man running about a stage pulling faces and just going 'ooh ahh' be funny for? about as long as Phil Cool was to be honest. Both good fa VERY short period but when it came to adding a bit of substance to their act they both fall well short.

Alan Davies was great as a stand up, as was Ardal O'Hanlan but both of them have ruined my opinions of them with their TV shows. Eddie Izzard has just done everything right in my opinion and just makes me laugh no matter what he does, just hope he doesn't take on a too serious role on that I watch.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by Jonaldo
Sorry Uncle Sick(tm) much as I wub you n all but I gotta ask it..

Who's the funniest German comedian ever?

*tumbleweeds glide past*

Siegfried and Roy!!1

J

Jupitus

Originally posted by Tom
[B<snip> and the Irish comedian of the eighties who always did his routine on a tall stool with a glass of whiskey. Damn whats his name... [/B]

You're thinking about Dave Allen, I think, who had the tip of one of his fingers missing... and if so I thnk it was gin, wasn't it?

Very funny guy :)

I like Billy C's type of well-observed comedy, and I love Eddie Izzard too. Lot's of comedians make me chuckle, but I haven't seen a show from anyone who really makes me roll with laughter recently :(

I reckon Damini should get a stand up performance recorded for us and post it here ;)

Oh.... and Uncle Sick just got pwned, of course :p

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by Jupitus
Oh.... and Uncle Sick just got pwned, of course :p

Zer is no such think as comedy in Germany!!1 :eek:

L

leggy

Originally posted by Jupitus
I reckon Damini should get a stand up performance recorded for us and post it here ;)

Well, iirc kenny recorded one of her stand up performances a while back.

Upload pls :D

N

nath

HUMAN SLAVES, IN AN INSECT NATION. AHAAAAAHHHHHHHHH.

Tom, yes Eric Morcombe was far funnier than Ernie Wise tbh.

Bill Hicks = fantastic

Watched Chris Rock: Bigger and Blacker last night, very very funny stuff.

Paul Mertons tv show was pretty rubbish, he's not great on Room 101 but on Have I Got News For You, he's brilliant.

N

Nibbler

Ross Noble owns all. Went to see him live and my face hurt after the 1st 10 minutes. Bill Bailey comes a close 2nd.

And for the record Paul Mertons tv show was brilliant, as was 'A bit of Fry and Laurie'.

S

Sawtooth

Steve Coogan with Eddie the Iz Ard a close second

D

DaGaffer

Bill Hicks (pure venom, fantastic)
Eddie Izzard (seen him live three times now - "people from 'round 'ere aint' from 'round 'ere - we're from Devon", cats drilling for oil behind your sofa - genius)

Probably the best stand up show I've ever seen was The Fast Show Live a few years ago.

Ross Noble - is excellent, he's been the Stand Up at many of our GAME conferences over the last few years and when he targets his routine at the games industry it has to be seen to be believed.

I've no idea how (or why) anyone finds Lee Evans funny; slapstick's never really done it for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom