Faulty Wii Console

Varna

Fledgling Freddie
Hi Guys,

I have a 3 month old Wii which keeps crashing in games at certain points, like it will crash on some levels on Mario, or Smash Brothers. I was also playing WiiFit last night and it kept on crashing when doing lunges! I think something is wrong with my console so was contemplating taking it back to Argos.

Do you think if I take it down to Argos they'll replace it?

Laddey

FH is my second home
Hi Guys,

I have a 3 month old Wii which keeps crashing in games at certain points, like it will crash on some levels on Mario, or Smash Brothers. I was also playing WiiFi last night and it kept on crashing when doing lunges! I think something is wrong with my console so was contemplating taking it back to Argos.

Do you think if I take it down to Argos they'll replace it?
If it's still under warrent (which it should be) im sure they'll replace if, may have to send it off or something but they'll fix it.

Varna

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah it's less than 12 months old, but I was checking Nintendo manual this morning and it said I need to phone an 0870 number first then I have to post the console to them... the problem is intermittent also, so it's not like you can just turn it on and get the problem occuring. I'm just affraid of them taking it back then saying theyll send it to Nintendo cos although thats still good, I might be without my Wii for weeks and I just got WiiFit :(

Laddey

FH is my second home
Yeah it's less than 12 months old, but I was checking Nintendo manual this morning and it said I need to phone an 0870 number first then I have to post the console to them... the problem is intermittent also, so it's not like you can just turn it on and get the problem occuring. I'm just affraid of them taking it back then saying theyll send it to Nintendo cos although thats still good, I might be without my Wii for weeks and I just got WiiFit :(

If its anything like xbox then they will. Two different companies so i oculdnt say!

Happened to my e-mates xbox, his xbox wouldn't read the discs half way through the game and it'd crash, he sent it to Microsoft and he got it back within 11 days.

Try breaking something so it won't turn on, take it to argos and say it wont turn on. Then i think it's within their warrenty to take it back. Somebody could clarify this when they wake up ;D

Varna

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm, well I live in Bristol and the people in my local argos aint too bright so hopefully I can just take the console back and say it's broke and they will replace without questioning it. I might try today actually...I just reserved a Wii at my local argos so got one claimed incase I can get it replaced!

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Similiar thing happened with a digital camera I bought from Argos (won't be making that mistake again). They had to send it away to samsung, and a few weeks later, I got a reply saying that I deliberately tried to break the camera, and fix it myself. I kicked up such a fuss at Argos that I got the manager to give me more money back. I don't know why they did that tbh, but I'm not complaining!

Just go straight to Argos. I reckon they will sort it out for you!

georgie

FH is my second home

Your contract is with Argos, not Nintendo, take it back to them. Unfortunately it's up to them as to whether they give you a replacement or repair yours so that bit you have no say over.

Jeremiah

Fledgling Freddie
I'm pretty sure in the U.K that the standard procedure is anything happens in the first 3 months, take it back to the store with the receipt. Anything after that is with the manufacturer.

Argos might just deal with it on your behalf, so try them first. But don't worry if they don't, Nintendo will find and fix your problem =)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Just ring Nintendo. All the console manufacturers are very good with returns for repairs. Nintys helpline is very quick, and by getting them to repair or replace the console they ensure that they copy any data on it to the replacement.

No point getting worked up trying to return it to Argos, they may just tell you to go phone ninty and you will have wasted a journey.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
THIS is Fawlty:

fawltySPHOTO1704_639x800.jpg

(Edit: Best comedy ever shown on the BBC. Ever)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom