fast zerker guide for RvR

Nelex

One of Freddy's beloved
Yeah im borded at school so im making a post to kill time :) my english sux so live with it :p

Races
At this point of the game, we have 4 races which can be zerkers. Troll, Dwarf, Norseman and Valkyn. I will just drop Walkyn as they aint going to be good zerker unless you want to parry alot.

Troll [str100 con70 dex35 qu35i]
Trolls will be the race wich hits hardest from the start on but will have the slowest swingspeed and parry rate. But at 50 in a grp you will not notices low swingspeed if you run with aug healer. So at this point of the game imo the troll is the best race to make a zerker. The only drawback imo is that they are huge and will be target fast.

Dwarf [str60 con80 dex50 qui50]
Dwarfs are the health of midgard and is a good choice for a zerker as they can have alot of hp when they are temp'ed out. and if you run in a fg with old healers will you look like them as they are usally dwarfs so might help the grp (and you look so cute as bear)

Norseman [str70 con70 dex50 qui50]
Norse and Dwarfs is much alike and you wont feel the diffrent in dmg of 10str and you look like many other char so you blend in fine

So atm trolls do the dmg for a zerker so it the best choise imo as the 10 extra con of a dwarf wont save you in battle. the big drawback is the size of the trolls they are so easy to target and stand out alot

Starting points
Dont waste your points on con but trwo 15 in qui and 10 in str no matter which race you choice.

Spec
There are 3 main specs wich are used, they change with the playstayle, and the are split specs wich is best used with a high rr and a good temp to get the dmg you need but can me use in other ways also, which i will come back to soon, and a alterntive solo spec

50LA, 50Main, 28 parry
The most common spec, but there is always what weapon should i spec

Sword(slash) the only good thing about sword is the behinde style, as it slows the attack speed of a tank/lighttank. and the looks is sword

Hammer(crush) Hammer is crush dmg and that will give you 2 dmg type which will help vs some armortypes, and hammer got a greath behinde style which snares, which works really greath agains kiting/staffig chars.

Axe(slash) Axe is good both solo and in grp as you get a nice front chain for soloing and a nice backstyle snare chain. and slash dmg works on most classes

50LA, 39axe/sword, 39hammer, 16parry (special use normaly)
This spec can be good for a interrupt zerker as you get 2 dmg types, so you change when you hit diffrent armor types. and with 39 hammer you get the backstyle snare. this spec should not be used befor you are rr8+ and your temp should have +11 main weap

50LA, 44main, 37parry (not seen alot)
This spec is for soloer as you will parry more to win the fight, dunno much about this spec.

Temps
When making a template you need to mod it to take hits and alot of it, so resists are needed.

the basic you need are:

101str
80+con
101qui (or how much you need to cap at 250qui buffed
300+hits
crush/trust/slash 26
rest resist 22+
energy and matter can be nerfed
10+ styledmg
10+ swing speed
10+ dmg
the more +AF the better

RA's
For 8vs8 its really simple what to aim for

You should go for:
Det5
charge3
MoP(mastery og pain) get as much as you, as i zerker hit hard on thier crit
AugStr to get you str to 400, should be enougth

FG
When running in a fg, your job changes with the setup of your grp

castergrp
in castergrps you job is not killing but be a pain in the ass and draw attion from the other in the grp, by using you BL's and hit one target and move on beforthe grappler comes, and let the casters kill, dont think you can kill anyone befor in the end of the match.

tankgrp
In a Tankgrp you will have to kill, let the support do the most of the interrups and get their tanks down so your support are free, after that take their support, if the BG comes make sure to kill him of fast as he can feck a tank MA up. make sure to use BL's on the caster so they dont get a chance to nuke.

hybridgrp
you have 2 MA train, tankMA should take out casters firste then go for support and still drop BL's on them to interrupt

Nel

PS feel free to bomb it down

Jobbegea

Loyal Freddie
MoP(mastery og pain) get as much as you, as i zerker hit hard on thier crit

you don't need any mop to let a zerker in zerkmode crit.

Nelex

One of Freddy's beloved
Jobbegea said:
you don't need any mop to let a zerker in zerkmode crit.

yeah but you aint zerkmode for long ... and as soon as you turn in to zerkmode you might aswell put big sign over your head grappel me...as the grappler will come your way, and then its a waste, you will crit more out of zerkmode with MoP

i have MoP3 atm im not going down from it only up, i do the dmg when i crit

Maddude

One of Freddy's beloved
Very nice post indeed

And about MoP, yes its kinda importent :)

Karmatika

One of Freddy's beloved
caster grp setup needed RA's imo:empty mind + aom. Soaking up caster dmg. Casters hit me for 290-350 dmg with 2.5k hps

ofc melee setup = str mop

sweet post btw Nelex <3

Nelex

One of Freddy's beloved
Karmatika said:
caster grp setup needed RA's imo:empty mind + aom. Soaking up caster dmg. Casters hit me for 290-350 dmg with 2.5k hps

ofc melee setup = str mop

sweet post btw Nelex <3

IMO before aom and empty mind are any good, you need em at a high lvl, which i find a waste of points, there are other RA's which will benefit you more

but if you have some points you dont know where to put, i agree use them in aom or empty mind'

Nel

Cloudz

Fledgling Freddie
Since the AoM nerf its quite a waste of points, me/raid and gwal tried it and didnt really notice the difference.

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
woundt take both charge 3 and det5, just abit overkill imo.
Else looks fine

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Short Berserker guide:

Make a dwarf berserker and don't name him Arepa and he will pwn!

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
Pfff, you didn't even want to include valkyns. This guide sucks! :(

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
Nelex said:
PS feel free to bomb it down

I don't mean to be rude and I can see you have put some effort into this post but its not a particularly useful guide. You have basically told us what a high realm rank guy with an expensive template should do, which he probably already knows.

Some questions I have for you:
Temps
What equipment is essential?
Should Malice always be left hand?
Champion weapon or arti or ML10 for main hand?
Is GoV or GSV better?
What about damage reduction arti's like WH and SoM are they essential?
Is it worth getting CB?
In your post you say you can gimp energy and matter resists. What is so important about spirit resist that it can't be gimped? Why can energy resists be gimped? Surely if you have 25% energy resist sorcs mezz will last 25% less and I will survive better against hib pbaoe?
If I was making a cheap template and couldn't get everything you suggested in what would hurt least if I left it out?

RA's
You haven't mentioned what I should get for non FG play.
As a lowbie zerker I am not rr8 in what order should I get my RA? Get up to det4 first then charge??
Is our rr5 ability any use?
Is it ever worth getting aug qui or aug con/toughness?

ML's
Is it ever worth not being a banelord?
Are there any tactics using ML/RA that are useful during fights? Tendril spamming etc?

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
zerker guide:
Reroll Valk, let the bds be banelord.

Nelex

One of Freddy's beloved
Cadelin said:
I don't mean to be rude and I can see you have put some effort into this post but its not a particularly useful guide. You have basically told us what a high realm rank guy with an expensive template should do, which he probably already knows.

Temps
Is GoV or GSV better?
Is it worth getting CB?
In your post you say you can gimp energy and matter resists. What is so important about spirit resist that it can't be gimped? Why can energy resists be gimped? Surely if you have 25% energy resist sorcs mezz will last 25% less and I will survive better against hib pbaoe?
If I was making a cheap template and couldn't get everything you suggested in what would hurt least if I left it out?

RA's
As a lowbie zerker I am not rr8 in what order should I get my RA? Get up to det4 first then charge??

ML's
Are there any tactics using ML/RA that are useful during fights? Tendril spamming etc?

nothing rude about it m8

good questions
aye there are some holes ... it was a fast rvr guide ... not the complete one
i am going to make a more complete one as i saw that i missed something out

Nel

GV-Miera

Fledgling Freddie
Cadelin said:

Temps
Is GoV or GSV better?
Is it worth getting CB?

RA's

ML's

I'm not a total expert on this, but this is what i think about it:

essencial equipment: Malice (for the proc), battler (2h for the charge), SoM (shade form), some ppl say GoLM (for the cure RS)

Weapons: I personally use malice MH (for the proc) and champ weap LA (for the stats: nice overcap bonuses, LA bonus (as mainhand you get + weap that isn't really usefull when going 50/50 as i am) and the other style/mele dmg and mele speed)

Battler i use as 2h in tank groups (for the charge) and SoK in castergroups (some extra HP is always nice) ofc i can't use the sok to do dmg, but for me that isn't needed.

GoV/GSV??: it all depends what fit in your temp IMHO

CB: can only use it for the +cap bonus (mezz feedback not really usefull and stunn feedback is a NO-GO for a zerker (Tendrils))

Resists: i try to get em all as high as possible (only matter i don't look after as only mid classes use matter dmg)

cheap temp: get you str capped, nice bonuses and high qui and get your resists as nice as possible (ofc make sure you get hits and con at 80+ and 200+)

ML: BANELORD is the way to go!!

hope this helped abit, Photoshop lesson finished now so need to go home!

Greetz Miera

trycorn

Fledgling Freddie
Nelex said:
yeah but you aint zerkmode for long ... and as soon as you turn in to zerkmode you might aswell put big sign over your head grappel me...as the grappler will come your way, and then its a waste, you will crit more out of zerkmode with MoP

i have MoP3 atm im not going down from it only up, i do the dmg when i crit
dude just be sure when u hit hamstah that u have charge up so u can get out of the grapple while zerk mode is still up

Nelex

One of Freddy's beloved
trycorn said:
dude just be sure when u hit hamstah that u have charge up so u can get out of the grapple while zerk mode is still up

you will notice if you charge and gets grappled, that you cant hit for the duranation of grapple, so hamster are still a waste

pjuppe

Fledgling Freddie
Nelex said:
you will notice if you charge and gets grappled, that you cant hit for the duranation of grapple, so hamster are still a waste

i think he ment so you can put some space between the grapple:er and you so you just don't get grappled again, my dear dane :)

islef

Loyal Freddie
Nata, i think the whole point of what you comment on was wether or not to go for MoPain on a zerk.. You might get away from the Grappler, but then teddy would be down when you can hit stuff again, hence MoP is a good idea imo anyway.

I miss some elaboration on how to perform as interrupter tho nelax.. (No expert on this but just a word or two about charging back to your support after an interrupt run, before you give into the urge of trying to kill something wich will just get you killed anyway :p )

Oh and imo post a link to raids zerk vid, in my oppinion that would show the new zerk how to play the class in a setup where you play for interrupt.

/isle.

Dr_Evil

Fledgling Freddie
I've always loved my Valkyn berserker, Evade+Stun fast swing speed etc.

If you wna be able to solo a lot I recommend Valkyn. The main reason for berserkers going down fast vs melee is low parry/evade rate on them trolls. ;)

*Edit: Btw when the Minotaur comes it will be a good choice for berserker.

Emerica-Polomalu

Fledgling Freddie
Dr_Evil said:
*Edit: Btw when the Minotaur comes it will be a good choice for berserker.
i think and hope that they'll get nerfed so much, if not, they will kill the game, and Mystic set their bet on Warhammer :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom