Fast switch between full- and windowmode

Biohazarddk

Loyal Freddie
Hey :)
Was wondering if there's some smart way to get like a shortcut on the desktop where one of them opens the client in windowmode, while the other opens it in fullscreen?
I've seen in like CS1.6 u could put a -w at the end of the shortcut-command, and the game would load up in windowmode :)

/Bio :confused:

Zil

Fledgling Freddie
Biohazarddk said:
Hey :)
Was wondering if there's some smart way to get like a shortcut on the desktop where one of them opens the client in windowmode, while the other opens it in fullscreen?
I've seen in like CS1.6 u could put a -w at the end of the shortcut-command, and the game would load up in windowmode :)

/Bio :confused:

think you need to make a copy of your daoc folder, keep one in window and one in full, thats what i do anyway, but dont know if theres another way

Tombha

Fledgling Freddie
you can propably make a bat-file to sort all that stuff out..

one batfile that copies in the windowed config-file and a nother that copies a full screen config file in .. and start up the daoc file..

other then that i dont know.. shouldnt be too hard..

Biohazarddk

Loyal Freddie
Tombha said:

one batfile that copies in the windowed config-file and a nother that copies a full screen config file in .. and start up the daoc file..

Ya good idea :) Might try that one, maybe i'll just make a VB program to switch between full- and windowmode, since i'm more into that than batch-programming :)

Biohazarddk

Loyal Freddie
OKay i've found an easy way to do it, i'm gonna post it in here so others might get some help from it :)

First, copy the original user.dat file and make 2 copies.
Rename the 1st copy to "f_user.dat" and the 2nd to "w_user.dat". Open up both of them, find the line which looks like this: "windowed=0" or "windowed=1" (it's line nr 10)

in the f_user.dat u edit the line so it looks like this: windowed=0
in the w_user.dat u edit the line so it looks like this: windowed=1

Then open up notepad and copy this into the window:
copy f_user.dat user.dat
camelot.exe
quit

save it as fullscreen.dat (remember to check it isnt saved as fullscreen.dat.txt!)

open up Notepad again and type this:
copy w_user.dat user.dat
camelot.exe
quit

Save it as windowed.dat (again remember not to save it as windowed.dat.txt)

Now u can make shortcuts of the 2 files, and maybe edit the icon to fit the original DAoC one :) When u open either one of them, they should be in either windowed- or fullscreenmode depending of which shortcut u choose ;)

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
cant u include the game.dll also in the bats to autostart game with right windowmode? I duno the command to run the game via a .bat but it is doable afaik.

edit: meant with PWs and such!

MesS°

One of Freddy's beloved
Shike said:
cant u include the game.dll also in the bats to autostart game with right windowmode? I duno the command to run the game via a .bat but it is doable afaik.

edit: meant with PWs and such!
You can skip the file check with a .bat file.
I highly doubt you can skip the login part by having the password and login in a .bat file.

Biohazarddk

Loyal Freddie
As MesS says i dont think u can skip the login part w/o doing some reverse engineering of the files and check how the PW is sent.. and thats illegal :)

crispy

Can't get enough of FH
Tombha said:

Made it like that once, worked nicely. Gives 2 shortcuts to daoc, one windowed one fullscreen :)

But then i lost it and cba to remake the files :p

Biohazarddk

Loyal Freddie
crispy said:
Made it like that once, worked nicely. Gives 2 shortcuts to daoc, one windowed one fullscreen :)

But then i lost it and cba to remake the files :p
Read above and u have the files again ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom