Farewell

J

Jonty

Hi guys

The time has come for me to leave :)

Over the past couple of years I've gone from just an infrequent forum user to 'King' of Hardware and Hosting (ha!) and it's been great fun. I've met so many wonderful people, hopefully been able to help those who need it and generally had a great time here at BarrysWorld/GAME.net.

There are a couple of reasons why I'm leaving: mainly that life is so beautiful, and I'm not going to see much of it chained to my PC :D But I also worry I don't have the time to help people like I used to. Thankfully, though, there are sooo many clever, helpful people just waiting in the wings to assist those who need it, so I'm sure you won't be stuck for advise and support.

I'll still be involved with TechNation, and should you ever need a bit of advise, feel free to contact me at jonty@tecnation.co.uk and I'll happily help you out anyway I can.

Thanks for everything; it's been a pleasure and privilege to be part of this community.

Good luck and God bless you all

Jonty x

W

Will

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...

C

Cdr

:(

Sorry to see you go Jonty, your replies were always helpful and free from the technical gubbins so the laymen could understand, you will be missed.

Have a good un.

C

Clowneh!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
That's the crappest thing you ever said :(

D

Deadmanwalking

Have a good time in what ever you end up doing :)

Thanks for all the help and advice over the your time here. You will be missed.

Have a good one :cheers:

W

WPKenny

I don't get it...

This is the "Tecnation" forum. So how exactly are you leaving to dedicate more time to Tecnation?

You'll still be around so I won't say "bye". :)

S

(Shovel)

:(

But.. But.. But my website hasn't even reached the stage that I need to ask you how to fix it yet...!

j/k*

Good luck Jonty. I can understand the need to get away from the machine, especially with Uni starting up again. However, no one is going to be offended if you're just "not around as much". :) Do stop in :)

Good luck to you and all :)

* I was joking, though the example in question is 100% true... :(

C

.Cask

Aww Jonty you're nuts. It's almost wintertime and you want to be prancing around in meadows enjoying life? Stick that shackle back on your computer chair and stick around till summer at least :)

How come you won't have enough time to check the forums? Realised that despite all your huge posts we never actually learned much about who you are or what you do :) Come on spill it, what are you up to?

M

mookie

gl jonty, it'll be quiet round here when you're gone. who'll post all the informative, well structured and helpful posts now? :)

M

MYstIC G

Damn, I know I was mean the other day, but yeesh :E

Don't leave me with this lot!

C

Ch3tan

Oh well, as long as you still post occasionally it wont hurt too much :/

Hope you find a way to spend time posting here and still enjoy and experience life.

W

Wilier

Im afraid I have a kinda double response to this news Buddy.

Im upset that your leaving the forums. It has always been a pleasure working with you and some of the chats weve had have been hilarious, although perhaps now I may get more work done ;) At least we can take heart in the fact that, like Kenny says, you'll still be around.

But, the flip-side is that youve discovered the "Outside" world, and your gonna be in the best place in the country to enjoy it mate. Hope it all goes well.

I guess the other problem is that I will have to try and answer more questions on this forum. :( So I guess GAME.Net will be inundated with unhappy punters :(

Good luck Jonts. Its been a pleasure.

Wilier.

W

wyrd_fish

good luck jonty

and thanks for all the help over the last, how ever long it been since i joined BW

M

~Mobius~

Bye, Jonty, one of the most polite, kindest people I ever knew. :(
I hope you have fun in real life, I'm sure you will. :)

A

adams901

Real life is over hyped, your much better off staying...

Honest...

STAY FFS :eek:

W

wyrd_fish

i hope you realise tha you have just killed the webdev forum...

i hope you can't sleep at nite...

M

mank

Gutted.

You've been a great help to a technological newbie like me and I'm very grateful. I hope we continue to be graced with your presence here and I wish you all the luck in the world with your future plans, there isn't a nicer bloke I could wish it upon.

So long and thanks for all the fish.

S

smurkin

:( it was all good...sad to see you go :(

/note to self...tear a leaf out of jonty's book

S

Sir Frizz

From what i've read of your posts Jonty, i'd say you deserve the very best out of life.

Best wishes

"That curly haired one"

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

I hope the girl is worth it. ;)

Best of luck!

Y

Yaka

hope you enjoy your self, but mabe yer can visit the forums like once or month or somat:)

B

Big G

awww, gl Jonty

I dunno you really, but I've seen your posts and the help you've given the hardware punters in the friendliest and most understanding fashion: the hardware forum will be poo without it now :(

G

B

Bym

Originally posted by WPKenny
I don't get it...

This is the "Tecnation" forum. So how exactly are you leaving to dedicate more time to Tecnation?

Webmaster (extraordinaire) of Technation, writer of technation reviews/column, etc (alongside starting university again) Not much time for forums AND a life methinks :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom