Far Cry 4

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Apparently it drops below 30fps at times on consoles. I know retro gaming can be cute but that's taking the piss

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Plug your computer into your telly and play it at 80fps, just like I do then...
I could do. But I still don't see any difference in frame rate unless it drops below ten or so and gets really jerky like I said before. 60,30 25. It doesn't make any difference to me

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Ubisoft are a sinking ship as far as PC gaming is concerned. I have no doubt that The Division will be garbage now.
They're not getting any more business from me on PC given the shit with Steam and uPlay being garbage. Which is a shame as they've got some very good franchises to be honest.

Talivar

Part of the furniture
Its funny how the "inferior" console players seem to be playing and enjoying this and other games, yet the "superior" PC gamers are just whinging about not playing it or atleast deciding if it is worth their time.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Well, they are easily pleased. Like heat magazine readers.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I have both pc and ps4 and plenty of games on the pc as well.

It's harder to code for the variety of hardware out there and because the pc is capable of higher gfx resolutions etc they are trying to push the boundaries at the same time.

This obviously leads to problems when running games on PCs.

Where as it's easier to make a program run on one standard build of a console with no differences, in comparison.

In my opinion.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
They (as in the crap software houses) make games to work on the lowest platform (the dreaded console) but only Ubisoft try and make out that it is good for the consumer. They aren't trying to push any boundaries which is why they insist on 30fps bollocks.

To put it another way, you are being sold 1980 4:3 B movie as 2014 16:9 HD extravagansa, maybe you like lapping it up, maybe you don't but there is no getting away with the fact that if you bought a "current gen" (lol) console you have been sold a big fat lie.

ofc the likes of Ubisfot want to cover that up but it is becoming more and more hilarious with each excuse they come up with. The gap between PC and console is bigger than it has ever been and consoles have only been out a year or so.

...frankly...lol at you.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
There's a big difference between gfx and game play.

I like game play.

Now you can play fc4 at 60 fps on pc but it stutters as it's not being optimised to do so.

I remember playing Horace goes skiing and space invaders in 1983 on the spectrum so don't give me shit about it looking like it's from that era.

I play on 16:9 1080p at 30fps and is fine for me. Ask stated before unless your into twitch gaming 30 fps is fine.

The fact that I can enjoy the game and you can't means that your the looser.

I don't care that ubisoft doesn't optimise for PCs cause there are millions of console owners who keep them afloat and make games I like despite the pic gamers cutting their noses off to spite their faces.

So lol at you cause I'm enjoying playing it and your a bitter cnut

Talivar

Part of the furniture
But the problem is id rather play a game that's 80% gfx capacity wise and capped at 30 fps and be happy than not play hardly anything because they dont meet some invisible standard. Its not about lapping it up its about realism. I see two sets of people here, one set accepts the world as it is and gets the most out of it, the other sound like they on a elitist crusade and end up getting nothing but the right to say "Ha i never stooped that low"!
Basically what i mean is i would feel like im cutting off my nose to spite my face if i refused to play games out of principle. Games like DA-i look great and play great on console and seem to run far better than PC and to refuse to play it because its not as good as it could potentially have been on a pc is just stupid :(

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Running about on the open road, wolf comes up behind and stuns me while a supply truck runs me over and the game crashes. Fuck.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Running about on the open road, wolf comes up behind and stuns me while a supply truck runs me over and the game crashes. Fuck.
I didn't have any crashes when I was playing the game

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I got it at a 40% steam discount, and tbh imo it's way overpriced. I mean, come on, it's better off positioned as DLC for FC3 ffs :eek:

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I got it at a 40% steam discount, and tbh imo it's way overpriced. I mean, come on, it's better off positioned as DLC for FC3 ffs :eek:
I like it but i liked three. It wasnt much of a departure but more of the same i agree. For me that wasnt a bad thing

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom