Far Cry 4

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Ubisoft are a sinking ship as far as PC gaming is concerned. I have no doubt that The Division will be garbage now.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
What i said elsewhere on farcry 4 (couldn't give a f*ck about anything else except if it's good fun to play, envelopes pushed and all);

Anything i've seen about this is the same old far cry, which means nothing has persuaded me to try the series(outside blood dragon because 80s :p). Assassins creed peeked my interest with a nice setting in black flag, but it wasn't enough to warrant the money. This doesn't even peek interest.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Woooh, it's close. Pre-release hype seems to have been positive. The map is the same size as Far Cry 3 but much more actual accessible land because there's no islands and stuff.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Woooh, it's close. Pre-release hype seems to have been positive. The map is the same size as Far Cry 3 but much more actual accessible land because there's no islands and stuff.
Cool. Getting this on Tuesday. I liked fc 3 so I hope fc4 is more of the same

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
I'm struggling to get excited about this. As much as I loved Farcry 3, all Ubisoft games are the same thing reskinned these days. Climb a watchtower, clear out a base, find x collectable, zzzzzzzzzz.

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
I tend to avoid the hype machines, around Ubisoft games. Just picked up Watch Dogs and am enjoying it. Will end up getting FC4 at some point, I have seen that trailer from E3 and thats it. Just wish they could make better PC ports, even if it meant we would get it a little later than the consoles.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Well I think this is excellent so far. I've not played a great deal but it's got all the bits that made #3 good and then more stuff too. The story seems a bit pap though, which is a pity because Pagan Min is fantastic.

Also, elephants. And rhinos.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Is it locked at 30fps or can you ramp it up on the PC?

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Hah. No, despite what I also read about it being locked at 30fps, I've not often gone below 60.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I'll watch the Total Biscuit port video later on and might get it. Loved the last one but really, really dislike Ubisoft and their business practices.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Sod piracy, you just play into their hands with that shit. I would sooner not play it than pirate it.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Everything on "Ultra" (with motion blur turned off, thank you very much). Only a Radeon HD 7970 (Sapphire Vapor-X 3GB). It spends most of its time at ~70fps but does occasionally dip below (as the port report video said it would with the "hitching"). It runs a lot better than #3 did though, as I recall.

Last edited:

leggy

Probably Scottish
Cheers. I actually asked because of #3's performance. 4 looks much prettier so I assumed it wouldnt run as well on my pc.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
You get the opportunity to redo individual outposts after you've taken them over as well to "practise" and improve your score. Much better system than in #3 where there was no option to redo any of them and then, in a patch, they let you reset all of them, not individual ones.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
What i said elsewhere on farcry 4 (couldn't give a f*ck about anything else except if it's good fun to play, envelopes pushed and all);

Anything i've seen about this is the same old far cry, which means nothing has persuaded me to try the series(outside blood dragon because 80s :p). Assassins creed peeked my interest with a nice setting in black flag, but it wasn't enough to warrant the money. This doesn't even peek interest.

It's exactly the same as Far Cry 3 basically.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Its £28 in cdkeys. Pretty tempted...though I may wait and see if it gets discounted at xmas on steam (currently 49.99)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Yeah it seems a bit silly really, not sure if it is all down to them though.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Yeah but who wants to play it at 30fps.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Yeah but who wants to play it at 30fps.
Doesn't bother me. Never noticed much difference except in multiplayer fps where you can get reactions etc quicker.

Prefer it on my 42 inch plasma over 24 inch monitor

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom