FAO: Zargar or GOA rep.

Q

quinthar

Grats to you for "finally" putting up a response to the issues encountered on Saturday evening, even though it was 40hrs late!.

Unfortunatly this is typical of GOA and frankly its appauling that it has allowed to continue, I'm disgusted with the canned responses we keep getting and the fact its continually late if ever.

Being compensated for lost time is not really the issue here, its about running a business that you guys clearly have knowledge gaps in, the fact that the issue was not dealt with instantly (I'm sure you guys have pagers and if not WHY not!) a post should have been made when the problem was discovered, I am an IT manager for 90,000 users so I do have some idea of what I am talking about, let me tell you how it looks to me.

1. It looks at though you guys did not even notice the problem until this morning or perhaps this afternoon who really knows?.

2. It looks like the servers are not monitored outside of business hours.

3. It looks like you still dont care about your users, I'm sure I speak for a great many people that would rather the problems with this server be fixed rather than give us a free day to compensate us for our lost gaming time.

4. It looks like you guys all had the weekend off and 2000+ users on this server came second.

Now, I said thats what it looks like, its now YOUR job (Or at least somebodies job in GOA) to tell me why that is not the case.

Its about time you guys were a little more transparent in your operating practises, because I'm about --> <--- this far away from sticking both my accounts on E-Bay and launching a personal crusade to have GOA stripped of the franchise/gaming license whatever it may be.

Over to you, assuming you even care.

S

Sibanac

this is not an official game forum, so dont expect any response.

Oh and threatening to sell your acc on ebay, thats like saying "I am going to stop playing but I'll get sameone else to pay the subs.

Want to make a statement?
Cancel your account but before you do write a big email to the sub address and rightnow explaining the reasons why.

C

ChillyDawg

I was one of the last (or WAS the last) person online on excalibur, i was online as late as last night at 1am when the login was dead, i did indeed go LD over ngith and it was prolly due to a reboot or something. But as far as i could tell the server itself was functioning perfectly while i was on it, hell i got my necro 2 elvels in DF!

B

bombshell

Originally posted by quinthar
because I'm about --> <--- this far away from sticking both my accounts on E-Bay

Who would buy that shite :D

As with other posts on the subject , i agree , change is needed !

Q

quinthar

Re: Re: FAO: Zargar or GOA rep.

Originally posted by bombshell
Who would buy that shite :D

As with other posts on the subject , i agree , change is needed !

I have a lvl50 scout on it, so some dumbass like you :p

Q

quinthar

Originally posted by Sibanac
this is not an official game forum, so dont expect any response.

Oh and threatening to sell your acc on ebay, thats like saying "I am going to stop playing but I'll get sameone else to pay the subs.

Want to make a statement?
Cancel your account but before you do write a big email to the sub address and rightnow explaining the reasons why.

Well, I'm pissed off, thought I do something rather than bend over and take it as usual.

N

NetNifty

everyones pissed off, GOA are being gimps about it - the login server fucked up and they could at least admit it instead of lieing and saying that they planned to take down the server and forgot to tell their PAYING CUSTOMERS about it.

I think what happened was:

- Avalon and excal share a "login server"
- Avalon had an error causing all the Germans playing there to log out and use the login server to get back in for a few mins, hammering it slightly possibly causing a problem with Excal (sending error msgs to Excal due to poor configuration possibly?) GOA reported the Avalon server being down on the german www.camelot-europe.com site then went home for cheese and wine.
- Excal had a RR going on soon after this time, requiring lots of CPU time (handling this and the error messages may pushed it over the limit) causing Excal to boot people off (the mass LD's), then people logging on again caused the login server to die, letting people stay online who didn't get booted off.

Isnt this also a health and safety risk? GOA leave equipment unattended which could possibly be vunerable to power surges, fires etc - imagine if Excal burst into flames taking all of our chars with it and the other servers :/

N

-Nxs-

Short end of the story is the same as always

GOA fucked up
GOA didnt realise they fucked up
GOA think 1 days free play will be ample.

Players slag off GOA
Players continue to play

GOA continue to rake in your money.

<rinse and repeat>

If you are not happy, then stop paying the subscription, move over to the USA servers or try another MMORPG, I know you've spent a long time building up your character, but its not worth it now, just stick the account on ebay to get back some of ya cash spent in the last 2 years, then move on.

O

old.Fangrim

Originally posted by ChillyDawg
I was one of the last (or WAS the last) person online on excalibur, i was online as late as last night at 1am when the login was dead, i did indeed go LD over ngith and it was prolly due to a reboot or something. But as far as i could tell the server itself was functioning perfectly while i was on it, hell i got my necro 2 elvels in DF!

OI!!!!

You ONLY won coz I had work in the morning :)

Grats anyways!

O

old.FIN

LMAO

and still peeps r asking me bac...looks like some peeps only gets the point when they dont play daoc....so stop moaning, uninstal daoc from comp and when got erge to play AGAIB , wank and think next day when your skin is healing why u even thought going back.....

M

Molten Lava

Worst thing off this all is...there's no way to tell all this to GOA directly. www.GOA.com has a Forum (which has been down for weeks now) under the link "contact" there's no way to make contact (no mail address, no phonenumber, no rl address) the only way to come into contact about DAOC with GOA is.....RightNever (tm) so not only for Daoc this company seems to suck...its for all other games they host too.....I really dont understand how these French *ssholes can survive in hard economic times like these...

S

Sibanac

Originally posted by Molten Lava
.....I really dont understand how these French *ssholes can survive in hard economic times like these...
Simple, people whine, cry, yell and pay their subs.

S

ssera

Originally posted by Molten Lava
...under the link "contact" there's no way to make contact (no mail address, no phonenumber, no rl address) ...

Think you need to get your eyes checked. If you click on "Contact" it gives you the address ( GOA 48, rue Camille Desmoulins 92130 Issy les Moulineaux cedex 9 ).

S

'Shy

www.goa.com ?

Une erreur est survenue
Veuillez nous excuser pour l'erreur que vous venez de rencontrer. Si vous le souhaitez vous pouvez retourner au sommaire du service ou contacter par mail notre assistance technique et lui décrire le problème rencontré.

Sommaire: www.goa.com
Assistance technique: faq.goa.com

Erreur HTTP 500

Le serveur Web n'est pas en mesure de traiter la requête. Veuillez réessayer ultérieurement.

Veuillez contacter l'administrateur du serveur Web si le problème persiste.

Users who are viewing this thread