FAO: Valewalkers

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
I have been trying to make a new template for my VW and am not sure what arti charges to put in it.

The artifacts that I am looking to use are:
GoV
SoM
Crown of Zahur
Atlantis Tablet
Snakecharmers

Would anybody be able to tell me which arti charges I can use at the same time? I would like to have 10% resist pierce as well as having the absorb charges from SoM and Snakecharmers but I am not sure if its possible.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
temp and spec not really important...

no FG action on server and if you wanna solo with it walk backwards, spam root style, LT LT, root LT LT, Root LT LT

prolly marginally more fun to role a mauler tbh.

Enli

Fledgling Freddie

no FG action on server and if you wanna solo with it walk backwards, spam root style, LT LT, root LT LT, Root LT LT

vw's are fun to play, and deal some nasty dmg, better fun then a mauler :)

Frozensolid

One of Freddy's beloved
Aww cmon censi, not everyone plays that way (everyone... the odd few ?;p)

Back to the question !

GoV
Go for it, take it. No charges on it and stuff like %mellee dmg in not possible to cap otherwise. (GoV dot proc is a bad combination with snare/root or ichnor though :p)

SoM
Will overwrite your self ablamtive buff (can only have one defensive buff up at a time). Still very much worth it if your planning on soloing.

Crown of Zahur
Charge is a chant. Wont overwrite anything. Havent got it myself though so not 100% sure.

Atlantis Tablet
Will overwrite your self disease proc (can only have one offensive buff up at a time). It should stack with SoM (not entirely sure). Can only have one shapeshift up at a time obviously.

Snakecharmers
The snake's charge will stack with most things (just not small things like the CL 5% abs buff). Absorb is actually pretty nice and doesnt overwrite our self absorb as it used to :p. It does have a dmg shield linked to it aswell so be aware that snare/root kiting will be hard when you hit it.

Cant go wrong with putting in GoV / SoM and Snake. Be aware that AT & CoZ suffer from a tad low util (and you got so much to cap already :p)

Hope that helps !
If you want to be entirely sure I could test stuff ingame if you want.
Best of luck with the ValeWalker, and if you got any more questions about VWs be sure to drop me a pm or post something here, i'll be happy to help ! :)

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
At the moment I have GoV, SoM and CB and this is with champ weapon equipped. I only run in groups although often partial groups. This is on another server. The template cost me like 7 plat and was before 1.87. I switched to sword+shield for casting and that gives me 80 dex and 70 int and 6% cast speed.

Config Report

Stats
------------------------------------------------------------------------
STR: 100 / 100 (+25) INT: 37 / 80 (+5) Hits: 304 / 324 (+124)
CON: 81 / 80 (+5) PIE: 0 / 75 AF: 20 / 50
DEX: 55 / 80 (+5) EMP: 0 / 75 Pow: 0 / 26
QUI: 97 / 98 (+23) CHA: 0 / 75 %PP: 0% / 25%

Resists
Body: 24 / 26 Energy: 22 / 26 (+5) Crush: 25 / 26 (+3)
Cold: 24 / 26 Matter: 0 / 26 (+5) Slash: 25 / 26
Heat: 24 / 26 Spirit: 15 / 26 Thrust: 24 / 26 (+2)
Essence: 0 / 26

Skills
4 / 11 All Melee Weapon Skills
3 / 11 Parry
11 / 11 Scythe

Other Bonuses
2 / 10 Casting Speed
10 / 10 Melee Combat Speed
8 / 10 Melee Damage
4 / 10 Spell Damage
4 / 10 Spell Range
4 / 10 Style Damage

The problem I have been having is surviving against a decent assist train My hit points seem really low. Crown of Zahur has power shield and I am going to have both SoM and Snakecharmers for absorb charges. Also the aura from crown is useful for others especially as CS is not used as much now. I haven't decided on AT, the resist peirce is nice to help with nukes and the croc mode may well fool enemies but I was wondering if it would reduce the damage I take too.

Alexandrinus

Fledgling Freddie
ok i run along time with
SoM,GoV,CB and the Champ Weapon
i also had somee Crown of Zahur in my template it nice when running in a group but worthless soloing (really hard to fit it in the template).
And had also Snakecharmers in the template....but Champ weapon is much nicer for my opinion....but i tried to get all melee resists to the maximum.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
Aww cmon censi, not everyone plays that way (everyone... the odd few ?;p)

im not saying they do... but a lot do. (hi eithor! and you still got pwned)

imo though VW is just another class that has been tweaked into something retarded, where you are at the mercy of the player not to play it in a certain way or its unkillable...

when you get more and more things like that (where you really on peoples discreation to not be ghey) its bad for the game,,,

there are shit loads of examples of it in daoc...

Like enaging valks (or engaging anything since lotm!)
rr5 DR spamming armsmen
maulers
wardens
VW snare spammers
Warlord classes etc.

somethings which have pretty much no real significant consequences in Irvr or FG rvr just totally decimate solo RVR... The daoc playerbase is pretty damn good the way it plays, in a manner that gives a good fight.. like peeps consider it suxy if they fire WG in a fight etc...

but the game designers need to get a clue and stop relying on players to not use things because they want competition and balance things out a bit better.

---

i tell you one thing as well... Games like WOW and some of the other new MMRPGS coming... are making HUUUUGE mistakes by encorporating no end game for solo players.

daoc is wasting a great opportunity.

Sean

Fledgling Freddie
im not saying they do... but a lot do. (hi eithor! and you still got pwned)

imo though VW is just another class that has been tweaked into something retarded, where you are at the mercy of the player not to play it in a certain way or its unkillable...

when you get more and more things like that (where you really on peoples discreation to not be ghey) its bad for the game,,,

there are shit loads of examples of it in daoc...

Like enaging valks (or engaging anything since lotm!)
rr5 DR spamming armsmen
maulers
wardens
VW snare spammers
Warlord classes etc.
anything that isnt a melee spec'd archer is gimped and op'd..... wajn wajn reroll fotm newb wajn wajn

somethings which have pretty much no real significant consequences in Irvr or FG rvr just totally decimate solo RVR... The daoc playerbase is pretty damn good the way it plays, in a manner that gives a good fight.. like peeps consider it suxy if they fire WG in a fight etc...

but the game designers need to get a clue and stop relying on players to not use things because they want competition and balance things out a bit better.

---

i tell you one thing as well... Games like WOW and some of the other new MMRPGS coming... are making HUUUUGE mistakes by encorporating no end game for solo players.

daoc is wasting a great opportunity.

edited

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter

or a hunter/ranger and strafe people to death, well done.

Meradesh

Fledgling Freddie

Any character with any sort of interrupting CL spell or range weapon can easily counter it as VW have no quickcast, the only way a VW can stop your interrupting spells are instant snare or instant dot and both give "inmunity" to the frontal snare effect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom