FAO - ppl that hate scammers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

Ocond

If ur ever knocking about Caer Diogel sometime and happen to pass by the forge and an armsman named Patroclus who is in the 'Angles of Retribution', please spam him with /rude's

Achilles was rather horribly ripped off today in CD and as a consequence has lost all his MP plate and cash. Achilles owed me 2p, and now can’t pay me that cos of the act that Patroclus performed.

Achilles had a suit of MP plate, which he was selling for 12p. When Patroclus heard that he was selling, he made Achilles an offer of 12p. As soon as the trade window was opened and the armor was put in, Patroclus put in 12silver instead of 12plat.

He then told Achilles that is was a trade bug, and that he had in fact put 12p in, now Achilles isn’t the most computer literate person on the game, and he bought the scam hook, line and sinker. When the trade was complete.... what did Achilles find in his inventory..... yes, you guessed it 12silver and no armor!

Several ppl have tried to get him his armor back, but Patroclus really is not the nicest of ppl, tbh he is incredibly rude and un-caring.

Achilles has notified GOA and the guild leader will find out tonight im sure. Just a word to the wise about him and to all ppl buying goods from others. IF you’re not sure about a deal, don’t trade, until you are.

Patroclus...how can you sleep at night?
We cannot let this go un-noticed.

Regards

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

What a rotter.

Of course, I suppose we would have to hear his side of the story, yadda yadda yadda.

G

Galiryn

like, who does that ?

i mean, you cant be awake if you accept a trade thats worth 12 plat when the other chap gives you 12 silver

O

Ocond

Originally posted by Sissyfoo
What a rotter.

Of course, I suppose we would have to hear his side of the story, yadda yadda yadda.

Yes mate, its always best to hear both sides. which is what im trying to do now, and its not easy.

If it dosent work out then I loose my 2p that Achilles owed me, not that much of a big deal, I just hate this kind of behaviour.

H

Hit ^_^

still sucks tho even if i would have closed down the window and relogged if i dident trust the person to 100%
but one thing is sure i will never group or go near a raid that this persons in. ofc Ocond can have made this whole story up but i realy dont think he has.
thanks for the warning even if i never would have fallen for a trick like this... but alteast now i wont be grouping whit him risking any loot or such.

O

Ocond

I wasnt scammed btw, it was Achilles, im helping him out so that maybe I can get peace in CD

A

Anatole

Does anyone else notice the irony of Patroclus decieving Achilles.....

Mind you, he ended up dead last time.... have to wait and see what happens this time......

On a mildly serious note, its worrying that in a game that we spend our rest hours playing, we still have to worry about being conned by people who want to make some money.....

and fake computer money thats not even real at that...........

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

I did notice that...but I thought it was far too coincidental, so much so that I was not remembering my ancient greek correctly. :p

K

Keogh

Originally posted by Galiryn
like, who does that ?

i mean, you cant be awake if you accept a trade thats worth 12 plat when the other chap gives you 12 silver

No matter how gullible someone is, it doesn't make it right to rip them off.

C

Coim-

Originally posted by Ocond

Achilles had a suit of MP plate, which he was selling for 12p. When Patroclus heard that he was selling, he made Achilles an offer of 12p. As soon as the trade window was opened and the armor was put in, Patroclus put in 12silver instead of 12plat.

He then told Achilles that is was a trade bug, and that he had in fact put 12p in, now Achilles isn’t the most computer literate person on the game, and he bought the scam hook, line and sinker. When the trade was complete.... what did Achilles find in his inventory..... yes, you guessed it 12silver and no armor!

some people...:sigh:

O

Ocond

Originally posted by Apathy
What if they are gullible AND stupid?

a.

To be gullible dont u first have to be stupid? so its the same thing?

but yes, Achilles got me my money back bless him, but now that poor bastard has no MP plate to sell :(

K

kirennia

always known patroclus as a good bloke...if he did this though, that really does suck...

B

bult

sounds like that US guy Nerner or Narnar or whatever ;

A

Apathy

Originally posted by Ocond
To be gullible dont u first have to be stupid? so its the same thing?

No, it's not a prerequisite. A degree of naivety probably is.

a.

T

thrylos

i know the original patroclus/servieta since about 10 months from daoc he sold his account in ebay 1 month ago. The new owner isnt member of angels of retribution he joined black legion with servieta(lvl50 minstrel). And it seems he left the char patroclus in AoR so noone can accuse him or his new guild of ripping people off. So if you wanna blame someone blame servieta(the new owner) of the black legion. But dont blame AoR or the original pat he was one of the nicest ppl ive met in this game.

O

old.m0000

i mean im sad for his loss, but fucking hell you have to be a retard on ST levels to fall for that.

M

Moody

People should know by now that these kinds of games attract all kinds of people. You may try to escape the real world, only to find that the people playing these games are just a cross section of the rl society. You've got pricks, you've got the common people you never hear or have problems with, you've got too big ego's, you've got the altruists and community gurus and you got thieves.

Enjoy.

S

Sharma

Seems like he pulled a stunt such as unto that mid on the merlin server, Nerner iirc, tbh people who do that claim to have "fun" doing this by striving to screw other people out of theirs, this is an extremely bad attitude and the CoC needs a serious looking at to make sure there are no loopholes for these people to use to get out of being banned, fortunately for those on the merlin serve, Nerner cost Mythic so much in lost accounts they twatted his account into non-existence, good for him since he lost an amazing amount of cash and armour, and i hope he feels extremely bad about this.

The truth seems that those who like the make fun from the game my drawing it from others, really need to have a rule set upon them about being able to reverse the transfer.

W

wyleia

Well, its pretty simple then. Complain to GOA and also complain about a bought account stealing your stuff.. Buying accounts is against the TOS etcetc... Especially using a bought account to scam people with, playing on the original owner's good name and character.

But ofc if the original owner had been such a good person, he wouldnt have sold his account to some random ebay noob who would in turn scam the people who knew and trusted him in the game.. and once were his friends i would assume ;/

S

servieta

first at all i like many ppl on this forum who spam like kid when they dont have hear and the other side.(sisifoo has right)
k now and my side about this thing.

i make one bad joke to my friend achilles and thats is all.i speak with achilles later night and never noone from us complete the trade.he found the breastplate incide inventory but to another page.
btw servietas account i have sell it about 2 months now on ebay.com for 300 euros.dont blam the new onwer servietas account and the guild black legion because before i leave from this game i think black legion is nice and good rvr guild .i join last night again to daoc because i have delete my characters on my first account.i have join to aor again and dont blam and this guild.
kirrenia has right becuase i play from beta 2 now with my friend alpha and never i cause any problem to another player and never still any player.thats it.
btw i have give and a nice order to my friend achilles last night to make me new weapons for my infil.

ocond iam pally m8 not armsman.learn first what type class is anyone and then blam him.(hehe)

V

vintervargen

trust noone. especially arnor teh fotm roller :]

G

Glottis_Xanadu

To be honest, this is a role playing game, and so there should be some tragedy involved.
I thought the scam artist on the other server was a great touch of humor (till you get scammed yourself).
I feel if a person can scam some fool into doing this, it is just as valid as pressing the same key repeatedly farming cash.
Regards, Glottis

E

Ekydus

The idea of Nerner and the Dark Puppies or what ever it was, was to cause hurt to people and annoy them in anyway possible to cause amusement for themselves. These people are sick. They cause hurt upon other people and take away what they have earned for many months for a little giggle. There is nothing in the CoC against this kind of behaviour and needs SERIOUS revising. How someone can just do these sorts of acts with mindless thinking is wrong. You tell us now you were playing a joke... From the response of Ocond, it did not sound like a nice joke. It may have been funny to you but maybe it is like your use of the English language; just plain fucking understandable. We are not going to let Excalibur fall to shit like the Merlin server because of a few fuckwits who are determined to ruin people's fun. These sorts of people sicken me. We need an element of trust within the game or it is not playable, and these people abuse it. I do not care if your reason was a joke. It did not sound like a well-timed, nor well-delivered joke and maybe you should sit in the fucking shadows and reminisce about what you have done... Idiot.

S

servieta

dam ekydus you scared me really.you are a bad boy and i put in your mouth pepper.rofl lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread