FAO : Pin

W

whuzzy

Question : How exactly might be the calculation of probability to block during engagement be done ?

Example : my level 31 Armsman lady goes to AC, pulls the first mob she sees, engages, block, block, block ... got bored after a unlimited amount of time (didn't watch on timer)

Point : During engagement my level 31 saracen s/s armsman (31 + 7 in shield and dex/qui/con/str are capped) blocked a level 49+ Mob for a longer period.

2nd Point : That normal ?

Whuzz

P

Pin

Errr. use engage, you block lots :p

Yes it's normal.

S

sigh

95% chance of block I think.
Not that explains the calculations, but it explains the blocking :)

A

alithiel50

Originally posted by Pin
use engage, you block lots
Until you run out of endurance... ;)

Originally posted by whuzzy
got bored after a unlimited amount of time (didn't watch on timer)
See above... :p

P

Pin

Originally posted by alithiel50
Until you run out of endurance... ;)

No reason for any character to run out of endurance nowadays.

A

alithiel50

Originally posted by Pin
No reason for any character to run out of endurance nowadays.
However it does happen. Usually when you're grouped with a Paladin who is either 2h spec or reveals after the first pull that he's auto-training chants... :rolleyes:

Anyway, back to the original subject:

Example : my level 31 Armsman lady goes to AC, pulls the first mob she sees, engages, block, block, block ... got bored after a unlimited amount of time (didn't watch on timer)
He makes no mention of:

a) being in a group
b) using an end regen or end heal potion

Hence my point about running out of endurance... ;)

C

Cawr

Most Paladins aim for atleast the the last endurance chant... regardless of weapon spec.

W

whuzzy

rahh ... note! ... i am not a paladin ...

to answer a) ... i was using a level 30 end reggen potion.

and to the rest : ok, a 95% chance to block ... ok, cool ... but that means i can easily also go engaging whatever characer / mob / of whatsoever level and still have a 95% to block ?

Whuzz

P

Pin

and to the rest : ok, a 95% chance to block ... ok, cool ... but that means i can easily also go engaging whatever characer / mob / of whatsoever level and still have a 95% to block ?

Whuzz

No, it isn't a flat 95% chance to block. It's a large increase in chance to block, which is still effected by your shield spec, your dexterity, and what your target is.

W

whuzzy

savage = worked for 2 hits, but then the ganksquad arrived behind him (u know the 2 ugly looking guys) ... just now @ atk.

Whuzz 8O)

O

old.Kian

Whuzz

Sure... if your intent is to bore them to death. Waiting for your enemies to die of old age is not the fastest way to get RPs/XP - just ask any solo Warden :)

S

sigh

how do you know pin?

not that i can prove my point, something I remembered from a reliable sorce.

O

old.Kerosene

Originally posted by old.Kian
Sure... if your intent is to bore them to death. Waiting for your enemies to die of old age is not the fastest way to get RPs/XP - just ask any solo Warden :)

Oh yeah.. hear you there brother. Literally took me 5 mins to take down an armsman one level higher than me :/ If we had engage along with our end regen.. jeebus. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom