fao : pally's of thid

statued

Loyal Freddie
Joined
Oct 21, 2004
Messages
970
sadly i did not get the chance to catch your name but i have to give respect to the half ogre pally yesterday with undyed armour.

hitting me for 490 damage in thid with your opening style i was stunned IRL. im thinking ok he got lucky with uber crit but again twice later opening hit for 480 and 460

you are stlongest melee hitter ive ever come across in thid
/respect :cheers:
 

Platin

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
May 12, 2004
Messages
450
statued said:
sadly i did not get the chance to catch your name but i have to give respect to the half ogre pally yesterday with undyed armour.

hitting me for 490 damage in thid with your opening style i was stunned IRL. im thinking ok he got lucky with uber crit but again twice later opening hit for 480 and 460

you are stlongest melee hitter ive ever come across in thid
/respect :cheers:
There are no HO pallies :), was an armsman or a v screwed up merc !
 

Strega

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Mar 27, 2004
Messages
541
Probably Toeran HO arms. Oh and btw, Statued-get some melee resists :)
 

statued

Loyal Freddie
Joined
Oct 21, 2004
Messages
970
aye irl m8 pointed out to me that HO pally =no no :p

and had capped melle resists for thid strega :p
 

Strega

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Mar 27, 2004
Messages
541
statued said:
aye irl m8 pointed out to me that HO pally =no no :p

and had capped melle resists for thid strega :p

I know, was just pulling you leg, hehe :)
 

GrafenburgMerc

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
May 20, 2004
Messages
171
statued said:
sadly i did not get the chance to catch your name but i have to give respect to the half ogre pally yesterday with undyed armour.

hitting me for 490 damage in thid with your opening style i was stunned IRL. im thinking ok he got lucky with uber crit but again twice later opening hit for 480 and 460

you are stlongest melee hitter ive ever come across in thid
/respect :cheers:
Thats a damn nice crit from a very buffed polearms man on a cloth caster.

Not the best Ive seen, once did 618 (314 + 304 crit) with my zerk using morning rage in vendo on a yellow con friar that attack speed debuffed me.

If that arms could 100% crit I bet his hit would have been bigger :)

Diagnosis - retired thid zerker
 

Umgrud

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
May 12, 2004
Messages
440
I should Start using 2handed on My Zerker but i find to Slow... not sure of the damage in Teddymode... in the old Thid i got a 947 2h PA on some yellow con scout... with my SB! i seen a Guild mate get over 1000 odd Vs a yellow caster...

ahhhhhh the Old days of thid... /me go's back and drolls
 

andyr00barb

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 19, 2004
Messages
63
Umgrud said:
I should Start using 2handed on My Zerker but i find to Slow... not sure of the damage in Teddymode... in the old Thid i got a 947 2h PA on some yellow con scout... with my SB! i seen a Guild mate get over 1000 odd Vs a yellow caster...

ahhhhhh the Old days of thid... /me go's back and drolls
I think he is totalling the style damage with the actual damage done. People like this generally think there are casters running around thid with 1000+ hit points :p
 

Thine

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Feb 6, 2004
Messages
64
andyr00barb said:
I think he is totalling the style damage with the actual damage done. People like this generally think there are casters running around thid with 1000+ hit points :p

there are casters running around with 1000+ hp but not in thid

:m00:

/salute

Sorsin
 

andyr00barb

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 19, 2004
Messages
63
Thine said:
there are casters running around with 1000+ hp but not in thid

:m00:

/salute

Sorsin
You lie. The hard cap for hit points on any level caster is 999!!!
 

Strega

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Mar 27, 2004
Messages
541
Umgrud said:
I should Start using 2handed on My Zerker but i find to Slow... not sure of the damage in Teddymode... in the old Thid i got a 947 2h PA on some yellow con scout... with my SB! i seen a Guild mate get over 1000 odd Vs a yellow caster...

ahhhhhh the Old days of thid... /me go's back and drolls

So you are saying you did a 631 pa with 316(50% max) crit. Afaik, with 14 str cap, norse, 0 qui, Mourningrage as 2h, 21 cs 19+ axe spec, str/dex/skills capped, buffs - dex/qui, asr'd, sitting naked /level 20 caster with no resists as target, you'd never ever go above 700 even with max crit. Show screens
 

Hamro

One of Freddy's beloved
Joined
Jan 31, 2004
Messages
1,064
Strega said:
So you are saying you did a 631 pa with 316(50% max) crit. Afaik, with 14 str cap, norse, 0 qui, Mourningrage as 2h, 21 cs 19+ axe spec, str/dex/skills capped, buffs - dex/qui, asr'd, sitting naked /level 20 caster with no resists as target, you'd never ever go above 700 even with max crit. Show screens
maybe he calculated actual damage + style bonus + crit then you can go over 900 but it is not your actual damage since the style damage is counted in your actual damage?
 

Strega

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Mar 27, 2004
Messages
541
Hamro said:
maybe he calculated actual damage + style bonus + crit then you can go over 900 but it is not your actual damage since the style damage is counted in your actual damage?

With a rr8L8 runie in his sig he should know how to read dmg information correctly.*cough*
 

Glenmorangie

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 23, 2003
Messages
270
Cap on my Sb with mourning rage PA is about 514, so with awesome crit, over 750, and i have 21+5 CS. Its a kobbie though, so a bit lower str.

I think PA and such was nerfed a bit at a certain time, maybe he was talking about before that?
 

Strega

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Mar 27, 2004
Messages
541
andyr00barb said:
Yeah cos runies use melee styles all the time.

Wow, you must be really smart! Geez. Gimme a break :twak: Wether or not he choose a stick-fight or nuke someone he should still know what he hits for ffs. This is one of the most talentless replies I've ever seen. What the hell does melee dmg count for anything? If you got a rr 6+ char in you god damn sig I expect you to know how to read dmg information correctly!
 

Strega

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Mar 27, 2004
Messages
541
you=you're, don't even go there. I guess ebay plays a role in his sig anyway.
 

andyr00barb

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 19, 2004
Messages
63
Strega said:
If you got a rr 6+ char in you god damn sig I expect you to know how to read dmg information correctly!
Well the guy is claiming 1000+ dmg PAs in thid.

Either
a)he's lying to make friends
or
b)he's mis-read the dmg information by including the style damage in the total

And I don't care what rr caster someone might have, doesn't mean you can take it for granted that they can total melee damage correctly. I had a mate who had played the game for >2 years and still thought style damage was added onto whatever it said you hit for.
 

Staffzor

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Feb 2, 2004
Messages
414
Strega said:
Wow, you must be really smart! Geez. Gimme a break :twak: Wether or not he choose a stick-fight or nuke someone he should still know what he hits for ffs. This is one of the most talentless replies I've ever seen. What the hell does melee dmg count for anything? If you got a rr 6+ char in you god damn sig I expect you to know how to read dmg information correctly!
That is correct, he "should" still know what he hits for but RR doesn't mean skill or even in this case I guess any form of common sense :/. Either that or yea he Ebayed.
 

Strega

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Mar 27, 2004
Messages
541
andyr00barb said:
Well the guy is claiming 1000+ dmg PAs in thid.

Either
a)he's lying to make friends
or
b)he's mis-read the dmg information by including the style damage in the total

And I don't care what rr caster someone might have, doesn't mean you can take it for granted that they can total melee damage correctly. I had a mate who had played the game for >2 years and still thought style damage was added onto whatever it said you hit for.
Company Of Chivalry
Umgrud 50 Scout RR6L3 -Pryd-
Peekaboo 50 Inf RR4L4 -Pryd-

also in his sig, just mentioned his runie because it was the one with the highest rr.
 

Weylander

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Sep 8, 2004
Messages
164
Aye, I remember the days when PAing a caster, killing him in one hit and not unstealthing in the process, the good old days!!!

TBH PA is shite now compared to what it used to be.
 

Umgrud

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
May 12, 2004
Messages
440
i am Trying get wholed of the guy as he Quit doac ages ago... this was some time back back in SI days so things have change from them days 2handed isnt as good tbh

but i didnt think it was true till he emailed it to me.... intill i get the pic all you have is my word... I can read dmg outputs on fighting and nuking...

only thing left is it was a Paint Shop job and he lied..

ps. the only pic ive found was him getting hit from the Wizzys on ATK and living..
 

Strega

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Mar 27, 2004
Messages
541
Tallen said:
Is that possible? :eek2:

Probably pre-nf when the bolts did around 700dmg and came one at a time instead of assist nuking like they do now.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom