FAO: Paladins

G

gunner440

also a 2h paladin hits for same dmg as a 1h armsman.

:[

no im not joking

A

Antedeluvian

Btw, why hell Pallys haven't det?, i don't want cheap det like pure tanks have (well, in fact i want..) but why not the usual 1/3/6/10/14 det?. :(

T

Torvarg

Ehum what kinda pally does not twist in RvR, what kinda lazy arse are you :/
Twist 4 teh win, not that it will make an über difference but still it sure ain't hard.

G

gunner440

Originally posted by Antedeluvian
Btw, why hell Pallys haven't det?, i don't want cheap det like pure tanks have (well, in fact i want..) but why not the usual 1/3/6/10/14 det?. :(

cos u dont, u get FH instead i.e. group related things

ur a support class

G

gunner440

Originally posted by Torvarg
Ehum what kinda pally does not twist in RvR, what kinda lazy arse are you :/
Twist 4 teh win, not that it will make an über difference but still it sure ain't hard.

twisting in rvr is stupid unless its a one on one with a stealther or somehthing.

should be dmg add 1st 5-10sec of fight then switch to END and it should stay there til pala is OOP ----> then back to damage add if so.

after fight if possible end chant should still be up for at least 15sec to refill the end pools of the members then switch back to either some resist chant which doesnt mess up friar/cleric resists or dmg add -.-

during the fight every second of end is important and 1styled attack can make the difference between killing the support class or not.

A

Antedeluvian

Well, in fact u have (mm really i hope u haven't it) that weird and bugged and pureshit RH named Soldier Barricade, group oriented too.... :]

G

gunner440

Well, in fact u have (mm really i hope u haven't it) that weird and bugged and pureshit RH named Soldier Barricade, group oriented too.... :]

ya but my char isnt classified by mythic as a support class

A

Antedeluvian

Originally posted by gunner440
twisting in rvr is stupid unless its a one on one with a stealther or somehthing.

should be dmg add 1st 5-10sec of fight then switch to END and it should stay there til pala is OOP ----> then back to damage add if so.

after fight if possible end chant should still be up for at least 15sec to refill the end pools of the members then switch back to either some resist chant which doesnt mess up friar/cleric resists or dmg add -.-

during the fight every second of end is important and 1styled attack can make the difference between killing the support class or not.

No, u must use end chant all fight (perhaps twist whit heal chant a little if dots running), in 1st 5-10 secs of fight u must sprint so end chant is more needed really. Look 4 a PoT and run triple soul ward while run lfenemies.

P

parlain

Actually gunz you can time the twisting such that you have the end pulsing without missing a pulse while healing and pulsing both resists too :)

However prolonged fights giv me RSI T_T

G

gunner440

so

twist end heal dmg add chants maybe af chant

assist,slam,backupdmg, ground awareness, eye on power bar (self and group), timing FH and swapping guard, battle rezzing, budgeting power

o_O

u rox :D

S

smerf

nothing wrong with 2h pallys imo, i mean just so long as the grp has 1 slammer (hybred arms), and 1 pally for end chant, having a 2-h pally isnt really an issue.

PS rushie and zeal go back to being 2h pallys!! :>

I

Ialkarn

Originally posted by smerf
nothing wrong with 2h pallys imo, i mean just so long as the grp has 1 slammer (hybred arms), and 1 pally for end chant, having a 2-h pally isnt really an issue.

LoL Hibrid Armsmen and 2h palies..
get a couple of smiter clerics ,a full matter sorc and a 43 chant mincer and you 'll rock. :great:

G

gunner440

Originally posted by Ialkarn
LoL Hibrid Armsmen and 2h palies..
get a couple of smiter clerics ,a full matter sorc and a 43 chant mincer and you 'll rock. :great:

and get 50 stealth spec scout and a 50parry merc too for last spots :p

A

Asha

so

o_O

nnooooo stop with the fucking af chant... Pallys love to put it on when standing around apk getting buffs - then then never freaking twist it during fights, always dmg heal end. That's fine, I don't care if you don't do it during fights, but please stop running it when standing around cause it's blocking af buffs from clerics for the whole damn group. Yes we know yours is better but if it's not running it's NOT better. Ok rant/whine over.

BTW... do pallys have to have a chant running? :D Or it just a pally thing to feel good/important? :p Just noticed that there is always one running even if just standing around doing nothing ^^ Sometimes I noticed Pallys switching chants too when standing around doing nothing, always wondered why :D

(I am so going to get flamed for that)

V

vintervargen

that 2h pally konnorel hit me for like.. 150-200 or smth -.- (buffed)

V

vintervargen

btw, 2h pallys might be fun sure, but this is what is wrong with albion. everyone wanna be teh_ubar l22t dmg dealer. you have shield spec, now go guard an ice wizard or theurgist and let them do the dmg (which they do about 5x better)

B

Berny

omg

omg
/laugh at those who say 2h Paladin is gimped.

yes, I'm 2h Paladin.
Don't invite me or group me if you don't want to.

I don't have to prove myself useful in group, nor soloing.

I know. I experienced.
I'm satisfied.

and it's enough.

enjoy the game.

P

parlain

Originally posted by Asha
nnooooo stop with the fucking af chant... Pallys love to put it on when standing around apk getting buffs - then then never freaking twist it during fights, always dmg heal end. That's fine, I don't care if you don't do it during fights, but please stop running it when standing around cause it's blocking af buffs from clerics for the whole damn group. Yes we know yours is better but if it's not running it's NOT better. Ok rant/whine over.

BTW... do pallys have to have a chant running? :D Or it just a pally thing to feel good/important? :p Just noticed that there is always one running even if just standing around doing nothing ^^ Sometimes I noticed Pallys switching chants too when standing around doing nothing, always wondered why :D

Usually have Spec AF buff now so removed AF chant from my cycle :m00:

Yes we do have to have a chant running-Paladins have serious security issues and need to be loved :wub:

And as for cycling chants when there's nothing to do, we can stop...but the colours are so pwetty tho!!! :twak:

(plus it mesmerises dumb armsmen like Ialk and Gunz :D )

P

parlain

Re: omg

Originally posted by Berny
omg
/laugh at those who say 2h Paladin is gimped.

yes, I'm 2h Paladin.
Don't invite me or group me if you don't want to.

I don't have to prove myself useful in group, nor soloing.

I know. I experienced.
I'm satisfied.

and it's enough.

enjoy the game.

Good for you, fun is the most important thing.

But all the 2 handed paladins need to stop thinking they can perform the same tasks as a 2 handed armsman because they can't justify it

T

Torvarg

so

assist,slam,backupdmg, ground awareness, eye on power bar (self and group), timing FH and swapping guard, battle rezzing, budgeting power

o_O

This is the role of a "real" pally, I enjoy it, but I usually just twist heal+end+dmg during fights :) And you can keep em up all the time so you won't miss a second of End. :]

R

Rushie

Originally posted by vintervargen
btw, 2h pallys might be fun sure, but this is what is wrong with albion. everyone wanna be teh_ubar l22t dmg dealer. you have shield spec, now go guard an ice wizard or theurgist and let them do the dmg (which they do about 5x better)

see this is whats wrong with hib, they think our wiz/theur dmg is actually worth a fuck, my ice wiz is nuking for around 250(-170) or something like that atm(thats with mom2/wp2), and my 2h pally b4 i respecced hit support classes for 400ish (cloth) and 250ish (chain) fully buffed with a great scimitar, so as to ur comment about 5x better dmg, is bollocks.

2h is enjoyable to pve with (solo faster), but when it came to rvr i was always thinking i could do more for the grp, so i changed to s/s and have to say its still good, sure u loose the dmg u had in 2h(not that it was really anything special in 1st place), but u get slam/guard and ur caster friends will love u more when u save there ass with it :)

T

Tilda

Originally posted by -ag-bometal
And if we talk about team play, can an armsmen outdamage a wizard ? Casters are the tank killers in RVR not tanks themself

haahah

gunzz, u think he's ever seen our group in action?
:ROFLMAO:

T

Tilda

:ROFLMAO:
have you ever used it???!!!
christ
get it FFS, its like a mini BoF, absorbs the same as AP3

Tilda

C

Cawr

who cares? u still end up with like 800weaponskill which is...... SHIT. ur gonne be blocked the entire time due to the weapskill difference and not parry either due to it, only chance is shield.

:rolleyes:

E

Ekydus

Damn fucking right you are. I fucking twist the shit out of my Chants if I can and I do twist the AF chant too... You know... It's the big tall one... pretty hard to miss so please be quiet when you think you know everything but you only seemed to be truly artful at sterotyping and generalisation.

FFS Chants are fucking easy to master.

Follow this routine to get best usage of all your chants WITH POWER AND ENDURANCE BAR REMAINING HIGHER FOR LONGER:

Step 1
AF Chant/ Battle Chant. (Depends if you wish to start defensive or aggressive...)
Heal Chant. (2x Heal That's 46x2 if you have last heal which most do...)

Step 2
AF Chant/ Battle Chant. (Same reason above, swapping around every other twist is very handy...)
Heal Chant. (Again; 2x Heal...)
Endurance Chant.

Right let me explain...
Please note: This routine works best with last endurace regen.

Endurance chant uses a chunk of the Paladin's endurance when first cast. Aswell as this, it takes power down eventually. Twisting reduces endurance, add to this the styles... well then you're going to have to be twisting quite often. Many of you may not know this: When you cast the Endurance Chant it actually gives some power back to the Paladin, which actually means that these 2 steps pretty much compliment each other perfectly. Recasting the Endurance Chant when sprinting causes the same effect... it allows you to run for longer.
Now, I could go on about where to enter styles to keep Power and Endurance metres up high, but since you're going to be busy in battle it doesn't really matter... In the end you should hopefully be left with less endurance overall which can be fixed with a cast of the Endurance Chant at the end of battle...

If you do not believe try for yourselves... I have tested it and it works. Infact it works so well I am very surprised hardly any other Paladins have realised this and are using it because it is more effective. It gives you the well timed bonuses that are given from twisting and will give you more chance of surviving. Now you may think "What the hell is he on about?", now just re-read and re-think what I have said and try it out for yourselves. I know it works and if I have to show you I may, given that I have time.

S

sigh

resists are nice parl, but in world dominated by fecking zerkers and savages, and healers first on the menu <and stun having no spell type>resists loses the utility with mids. Heat against hibs<aswell as the usaul bollox>, but then you got QS. But pala should twist guard 4tehwin.

G

gunner440

dont listen to sighfi he isnt a paladin as he has an art degree and paints naked men for a living

J

Jiggs

nnooooo stop with the fucking af chant... Pallys love to put it on when standing around apk getting buffs - then then never freaking twist it during fights, always dmg heal end.

:clap:

AF chant is :rolleyes:

reading some of the replies in this thread, you can see why people have such a low opinion on Alb/Excalibur player performance in RvR.

of course you can spec whatever you want its your character, but don't then come and say that its effective in RvR, because it quite plainly isnt...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom