FAO: Paladins

P

parlain

Originally posted by sigh
resists are nice parl, but in world dominated by fecking zerkers and savages, and healers first on the menu <and stun having no spell type>resists loses the utility with mids. Heat against hibs<aswell as the usaul bollox>, but then you got QS. But pala should twist guard 4tehwin.

Yeh but every little helps and with Spec AF you no longer need to twist AF, EB reduce the dam add down to 1/2 usability so I plumped for multi resists all over-still mixing and matching depending on situations-got a Qbar for Hibs and a Q bar for Mids

Our single resists don't stack with Spec Resists (bah) and yes guard switching is 4tehwin

P.S. Stop playing that gimpy wizzie :D

and for Ekydus :twak: for trying to flame Asha

A

Asha

Ekydus, you're a gimp :)
Don't think you understood my point. For one thing you sound like you're talking about pve, not rvr. The palas I group with have enough to do w/o adding af chant to their list of things to twist. They know this but for some reason they still often turn on af chant when standing around. ((( my theory is that it's the prettiest chant so they like to look at the effects ^^ ))) When questioned the response is always: but my AF chant is better! Ofc it's better, when it's on.

Anyhow my post was mostly joking, I love a good pala.

ps someone dig up that wildlife satire of paladins from vgn boards, it's funny :p

E

Ekydus

The definition of a gimp is a sexual slave, that I am not.

B

Belomar

Originally posted by Ekydus
The definition of a gimp is a sexual slave, that I am not.
Oooh, but you wish you were Asha's little gimp, eh? I can feel the longing in your voice.

E

Ekydus

Yes! Please set me free Belomar! I beg of you! FREEDOM!

S

stighelmer

Broad Falcon (AKA the 2 Hander, The Gimp or the Paladin everyone makes when they're a n00b.)

This type of Falcon trades in its defensive capabilities in favour of more offense. Which is kind of like trying to fend off a grizzy bear with a pillow then threatening to use both hands. This type of Falcon is sometimes considered a freak of nature.

:ROFLMAO:

P

parlain

Originally posted by Asha
Ekydus, you're a gimp :)
Don't think you understood my point. For one thing you sound like you're talking about pve, not rvr. The palas I group with have enough to do w/o adding af chant to their list of things to twist. They know this but for some reason they still often turn on af chant when standing around. ((( my theory is that it's the prettiest chant so they like to look at the effects ^^ ))) When questioned the response is always: but my AF chant is better! Ofc it's better, when it's on.

Anyhow my post was mostly joking, I love a good pala.

ps someone dig up that wildlife satire of paladins from vgn boards, it's funny :p

I've never tried to turn on AF chant when Kate tried to buff :(

A

Asha

Originally posted by gunner440
cos u suck

ignore him. he is just trying to oust me from groups so that he can get his lvl 46 noob into them.

he is trying to get 50 by rvring :p

J

Jiggs

Originally posted by Belomar
Oooh, but you wish you were Asha's little gimp, eh? I can feel the longing in your voice.

ye, but tbh who wouldn't?

:D

S

sigh

Just thought, <considering the difference between 2H Arms Vs 2H Pala>

2H Pala Vs Heavy weps/Spearo Hero.....both have 2 insta's
and the obvisous diffences, which would you perfer in your group?
bearing in mind the hero has not spec's in slam.

S

smerf

heh, i still stand by my opinion that 2-h pallys rule, people hate 2-h pallys for exactly the same reason as people hate smite clerics. They expect the pallys to be thier end bot and do the grps slamming (while they do the killing), and they expect the cleric to be thier personal heal bot and buff bot. And anything that goes against is immediately branded totally gimped by the people that dont play the class, and after a while the people that play these classes beleive it too, due to hearing it non stop (my self included tbh for a while).

I

Ialkarn

Originally posted by smerf
heh, i still stand by my opinion that 2-h pallys rule, people hate 2-h pallys for exactly the same reason as people hate smite clerics. They expect the pallys to be thier end bot and do the grps slamming (while they do the killing)

Well I could turn over it pretty easy:you want to do the killing and hit things to dead so much you don't play the role you are supposed to do into the group, making them be in disadvantage cause that.
Offensive tanks want to do the killing? that it's secondary the point if it's they are supposed to be offensive or not.

and they expect the cleric to be thier personal heal bot and buff bot.

not personal,but of the group,it seem you have too much care about yourself than the group you are playing in.
Maybe instead of a pali you should role an stealther and play alone.

K

K0nah

heh, i still stand by my opinion that 2-h pallys rule, people hate 2-h pallys for exactly the same reason as people hate smite clerics.

ppl hate smite clerics cos they get interupted by a stiff breeze.

i can understand pallys who rolled wanting to do good melee dmg going 2hand, i mean what other option do they have, but i still think the best solution to pallys crying for more dmg (and to 2hand pallys) would be for Mythic to offer paladins a class respec to armsman if they so desired, i really wonder how many would take up the offer tho... ;)

paladin dmg isnt bad at all, sure in fast-paced RvR u arent gonna be generating any deathspam but u still hurt, if u wanna hurt more get a slower sword tbh :p

P

Puppetmistress

Originally posted by gunner440
cos u dont, u get FH instead i.e. group related things

ur a support class

That's not the reason Gunnerrr.. It's about being hybrid. Armsman gets Soldiers Barracade which is a group related thing too :)

Mythic felt sorry for the pure tanks in the beginning and gave em all kind of nifty things to increase survivability for them in RvR.

G

gunner440

Originally posted by K0nah
paladin dmg isnt bad at all, sure in fast-paced RvR u arent gonna be generating any deathspam but u still hurt, if u wanna hurt more get a slower sword tbh :p

the real paladin damage is in the chants and the shield abilities imo T.t

E

Ekydus

Cleric heals and instas are no match for a maximum of 46x2 healing from a Paladin wooh!

P

parlain

Originally posted by K0nah
ppl hate smite clerics cos they get interupted by a stiff breeze.

i can understand pallys who rolled wanting to do good melee dmg going 2hand, i mean what other option do they have, but i still think the best solution to pallys crying for more dmg (and to 2hand pallys) would be for Mythic to offer paladins a class respec to armsman if they so desired, i really wonder how many would take up the offer tho... ;)

tbh-given the other toys I get to play with I'm extremely happy that I have enough damage capaity to partake of my favourite task of mage hunting-occasionally I like to break off from the /assist mob if I see mage all on his lonesome waving his stick in the direction of my beloved clerics. Unless he gets some healing lub, slam and basckslash x 3 in the slam time usually results in a dead luwi/kobi which suits me fine :D

P.S. to Konah Going back Jamb-Sabre still too slow until I max quick

P.P.S to Gunz Giv Duel? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom