FAO of non stealthers and people that don't pay attention while playing

Z

Zill

I take an issue from today where I'm in a zerg of 2 groups of Mids that approach MMG in Emain. Knowing that this is usually a place where stealthers hang around, I'm busy pressing the relevant key for nearest enemy target. As we go through the gates, up pops a Saracen (Sst) so I press stick and start attacking. I rapidly type in chat 'stealther mmg' expecting my group to stop and help me out. Instead they just keep on running, even though they're in sight of me.

Then another stealther appears (Pin) realising the Mids aren't stopping he then begins to attack me, so consequently after a short while I'm dead. Then I am suddenly asked by the group 'what happened?' 'where are you?' etc. And some are just enquiring what's occuring at AMG. Even though I'm dead and my group has 2 Shamen do they come back to help? Nope. They simply continue towards AMG.

If you do not understand the concept where we can uncover other stealthers quite easily or you simply click stick and then go afk while you're playing, then others are going to fall victim to your incompetence as I did.

K

kameh

It's one of the many problems of /stick /follow. People stop paying attention. A lot of the time people have to repeat themselves in alliance chat/group chat, you'd think people had never heard of pressing page up - it's these people that are usually too slow to react in rvr and cause needless deaths.

Personally I rarely group in RvR, I have a much longer life expectancy when I solo and although the RPs will never be as high as grouping I get more fun out of it and avoid these annoying situations like you described.

Having said that if you have a good alert group tracking down stealthers can be a right joy :) Although I dont think many non-hunters understand just how powerful truesight is and how handy it is to hit it on when your approaching a milegate. But again you need people to /stick to you, pay attention to what your doing in order to kill any stealthers you find. A lot of the time people seem to go into an almost automatic pilot the instant they're stuck.

The few guild groups I've been in so far haven't been affected by /stick's IQ reducing effects and I hope they keep up a such a high quality :)

Another thing that gets on my nerves is how people (all realms do this) stand together, your begging to be mezed/AOE DOT'd. I even see stealthers doing it. The first thing I do when we're approaching enemies is break /stick and move to the side ready to stealth so that I can start flicking arrows at any casters regardless of whether my group gets mesmerized/stunned. So far I've only seen 1 other stealther do this..

Lastly on keep defense (like last night at Grallarhorn) I'd ask any tanks that have NO ranged attacks to stay off the battlements. Your huge targets and attract DOTs that hit all stealthers that are up there trying to help. I heard so many calls last night from runies/hunters/healers for tanks to back up away from the walls and let them get on with thier jobs. You tanks get your fun, once we've softened them up for you a little :)

C

Carlos Bananos

i know what u mean, today at amg i revealed Sst, i saw 2 more lining up PAs,Yog and Pin so F8 and revealed them aswell, then my F8 got 2 blue archers, so 5 stealthers revealed, all attacking me... My group just kinda sat there for a while till i was on 10%hp (after ip, fa2 and a totem), they all got away (except for yog /kiss)

O

old.Krusha

thats why i never (hardly) grp with any non-stealthers with my inf ... whats the point of doing your job if its to no avail? Scared of assassins .. bring along an assassin.. and you might make it ;)

B

Brevis

Yes Mus, the effect of true sight is underrated alot in RvR by groups, they rush thru the gates so fast that me saying in grp chat "Im going to use TS at MMG/AMG" just gets left unheard, so I rarely use it.

But when I grp with my guild they know I have it, and give me the 1 minute it last to "walk" me around the MG to pop any stealthers around, I pop them and loose my skald speed, they stick them and kill the stealther, I hit my speed spell and keep running to find more.

This way you can get from 1 to 4 or even 5 stealthers that just hang around the MG's with a minimal of effort, I call it free RP.

And yes, people on stick that go completely on autopilot annoys me too, they react when they are lying face down in the grass when they could have been in the battle for the few seconds it may have lasted and do their part. I usually dont want to stick when we go in grp because I like to have my fingers on the keys ready to react fast.

Just my 2 C

K

kameh

Might just be a stealther thing but I think we're far more alert in RvR, dont really have much choice. all that sneaking about gives us the patience to stare at the screen when nothings happening :)

B

Brevis

LOL yes, maybe we are more patient, one of my friends plays a 50 skald, now he has a lvl 44 hunter and is beginning to RvR with him, great fun to see him try to tank, chase, draw bow at casters out of stealth etc ;)

S

shilak

It seems to be general emain policy to leave your brain at mtk :) I personally dont use stick/follow in RvR as it leaves you open to those bards in trees with their insta mezzes, but then the only times I suggested people learn to move in large groups without using /stick or /follow I got laughed at.

I dont think its just that stealthers have a higher degree of alertness in RvR, its more along the lines that they need a higher degree of alertness to do their job. I find the same goes for CC classes, dopey CCer = dead CCer, normally followed by dead group.

Of course you could always get them to stick/follow you, then they cant go running off and leave you alone to fight ;)

W

Whoodoo_RD

Originally posted by shilak
It seems to be general emain policy to leave your brain at mtk :)
Anyone who goes there on a daily basis falls into this category.

Yes its true a lot do go into autopilot mode, and TBH its easy to become lazy in the pack. From my own experience, having spent 1/2 - 1 hour roaming round alb frontiers, with nothing to do except the odd rebuff, can grow tedious. But I try and stay on the ball at least.

Emain however is full of brain dead ppl, who just gain a group for the soul purpose of using you to help them get RPs, and dont really give a damn about the rest of the ppl they accompany. Therefore, if you go to emain to get RPs, you gotta live with this situation.

Stick to your own back yard (Odin's) if you want sensible groups, in the last few weeks I have never got in a bad group with AFKer's of RP whores. We are a lot better organised than any mid zerg attempt, and actually plan our strategies, which dont include "run this way - run that way - die - re-port - repeat"

IMO emain blows, if you didnt gather that

O

osy

something tells me Zilly is running low on realm-mates...

S

Shrye

Originally posted by old.Osy
something tells me Zilly is running low on realm-mates...

Can't really be that bad, if the players are that shite? :p

Z

Zill

I never even knew most of the people within the groups to begin with. Previously before the incident occurred, I had got on well with all of them, there was no friction or animosity at all. Even when I survived an earlier attack on our groups and when everyone died except me and another SB, being conscientious I made a point of suiciding at some Albs gathered at Drakon's tower so I could port back over to Emain with the groups, rather than go by my instinct and solo waiting for them to catch up with me.

B

BlueJam

That's the reason certain guild groups do well, most of them pay attention, and most importantly the CCers pay attention and are often the ones leading.

R

rhesusminus

Ressing is a terrible waste of mana

That goes for shammies

Healers, well, ress!

Z

Zill

Re: Ressing is a terrible waste of mana

Originally posted by rhesusminus

That goes for shammies

Healers, well, ress!

If everyone had been paying attention in the first place I wouldn't have needed a rez, as I'd still had been alive.

O

osrim

Hehe

Good to hear that happens at mid side too ;)

Nothing more annoying as exposing couple sb and notice you alone with em. :/

"Ffs, where are u?!"

Users who are viewing this thread