fao music critics

j00ster

Fledgling Freddie
Hey, and yes before anyone says anything i have far too much time on my hands... BUT i think ive come up with something good this time :)

This song is is probably daoc inspired somehow , along with demons the apocolypse, knights and all things cheerful

Im happy with all the guitar parts (maybe i need to change the tone and some solo parts) and vocals are "ok" but still not entirely happy, i know the effects on the chorus are weird but i think it sounds cool :)

anyhow its a fairly early recording so just wanted some feedback, thx guys!

download it at:

http://riffstation.com/audio/DemonLord.wma

Kinag

Part of the furniture
The guitar play sounds awsome :)

Sounds quite good actually, the whole song that is :)

Good work :D

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Actually that song is really good =) I'd change a thing or two, but I cannot tell you what, I'd have to sit besides you and replay the parts over and over again =) (I'd say it's the drums that need some variance sometimes)

This basically means I really like the song =) Very good work dude =)

Mojo

Fledgling Freddie
I only had chance to listen to the first half cos i am in work, i liked the guitar but i was expecting it to go somewhere and was left feeling disapointed when it didn't. :<

j00ster

Fledgling Freddie
Cool thanks for all the feedback good and bad, as i said before quite early stages of recording. Im thinking of changing the verse vocals to slightly lower key and more aggressive, and some of the solo part needs improving, and ur right about the drums, ill try and give it a bit more variance :)

Dreamor

Can't get enough of FH
Guitar solo was real nice, well impressed.
Generally a nice beat through the song :D

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Good song actually, was hoping the guitar solo would lead to something faster/more aggro but other than that it's pretty good. ^^

j00ster

Fledgling Freddie
THx for the comments agan :)

Yeah one thing im working on , some parts i like some parts not so much. Was thinking of having like a buildup from the slower solo into something faster, didnt really spent too much time on solo so will look into it :)

Chronictank

FH is my second home
my download keeps stopped at 79%,
think maybe you gone over your bandwidth limit or something :p

j00ster

Fledgling Freddie
Lyrics as it stands atm:

The day was gone and soon entered night
a once content land filled with woeful plight
the time of men will soon run thin
As the twisted prophecy begins

Chorus
You can take my life but not my soul
As the truth behind the fate of men unfolds
With conviction i trust in my blade
to send this demon back from whence it came

The the dark priest whispers in my ear
"join us son there is nothing to fear"
"Never! Your words are but poison to thee
Your sins are for god to take heed"

From infernal gates the beast led
to seek the blood of innocent to shed
But the templars stand with might and valour
to fight this evil in our darkest hour

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
OK, constructive criticism time :D...

The intro is a bit too long before the vocals without anything happening; either put an intro solo on there or cut a few bars off.

The verse vocals are too dry, and need a little bit of ambience added so they blend in with the rest of the mix better.

The repeated guitar figure before the actual solo is nice, but could do with being harmonised. A little Iron Maiden never hurt anyone :D.

The solo is decent enough - maybe play around with the groove underneath it a little more in terms of phrasing and holding notes. You could do with working on your vibrato a bit, but very few guitarists have genuinely good vibrato - it's what can make the difference between a solo and a solo that really leaps out as being expressive (listen to Gary Moore, BB King, Marty Friedman, Yngwie Malmsteen - they all have excellent vibrato). The bit where you play the trill and use the bar to take the pitch down and back up again - I would either make the trill a lot faster all through, or start slow and speed it up as the pitch comes back up. But that's just me.

Overall, pretty good.

:cheers:

j00ster

Fledgling Freddie
Nice one cheers svart,

some really useful comments/idea's, ill work on it :). Im just restringing my jackson guitar atm so will be able to do a bit more with the lead with having wammy bar etc, recorded the solo on my les paul , which is nice but bit more restricting :)

MaCaBr3

Banned
Well, you could have used stereo and give more dept to your sound by copying the same riff or soundloop on different tracks, so you have like f.e. 2 tracks for each instrument. Then you could start panning them which give a nice stereo effect.

Also a little reverb would have been nice to thickin the sound a bit.

I also had the impression that once u started the intro to the solo, ur guitar sounded out of tune.

j00ster

Fledgling Freddie
yeah all good points , as i said its a fairly early recording so more about getting the idea's down , and yeah i outta make more parts stereo , just the drums atm, as some bits need " beefing up "

The intro to the solo bit im just changing atm , it was out of tune i was just using alot of chorus on it , which can have a similar sound effect :x

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
j00ster said:
The intro to the solo bit im just changing atm , it was out of tune i was just using alot of chorus on it , which can have a similar sound effect :x
Well, technically chorus is detuning anyway, it's an effect intended to simulate the sound of more than one instrument playing the same part and does so by adding extra notes very slightly above or below the original. The best chorus effect you'll ever hear is to use a pitch-shifter to add two extra notes, one 2 cents below and one 2 cents above the original; very subtle, but really effective. If you want to be really thorough, put 2 milliseconds' delay on one of the extra pitches and 5 on the other; I have a patch on my Digitech Studio 400 set up like this, has a really nice sound to it.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Agree with Svartmetall - the intro is very very Iron Maiden.

Liked it :)

I can't produce something like that myself so I don't have the right to comment TBH

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom