FAO: Members of First Cohort

A

alithiel50

Having been involved in many discussions recently with people about the problems we have fielding 'balanced' RvR groups, I've decided to run something in the nature of a little experiment.

The purpose of this little scheme is to see firstly whether the mythical 'balanced Albion group' actually exists, and secondly how much of a difference it makes to our daily RvR if we play in such a group as opposed to just making groups from the people available as and when they log on.

With this in mind, I'm looking for volunteers.... ;)

The planned group structure will be as follows:

1 Paladin - Must have 42+ shield
1 Cleric
1 Friar
1 Minstrel
1 Theurgist
1 Sorcerer
1 Defensive Tank (Paladin, Armsman, Reaver) - Must have 42+ shield
1 Wizard

My aim is to field 2 such groups, or even 3 if I get sufficient response and enough of each class.

If you're interested, please reply to this post (letting me know which of your characters you intend to use if you have more than one that would fit in the above format) and list which evenings during the week you would be available for a 2+ hour RvR session commencing between 8:00pm and 9:00pm GMT.

Once I have an idea of who's available and when, I'll plan a date for it and we can start experimenting on some unsuspecting Mids and Hibs!

PS: The first Paladin slot has already gone to Xanetia ;)

PPS: Tilda, you have my full authority to delete any reply posted to this thread that is a flame, whine or otherwise counter-productive... Thanks!

A

Arnor

one thing btw, even IF you magically found the perfect group-setup, you still need experience playing with that setup for a while fyi

(just so you dont get pissed and delete after I solo your perfect group :p )

T

Tilda

put me down for reaver, preferably in your group.

I have 42 shield, but i prefer to clas myself as an offensive tank,

PBAoE DD > 2 chanters with MoC down trying to PBAoE me, im so happy it carrys on pbaoe'ing through stun and mes :D so i prefer to charge in :D but i can play defensive if need be.

Tilda

A

Ambulance

/em holds hand up for the cleric spot

can only seriously do sun/mon/tues nights though due to crap job and promotion in a crap job :rolleyes:

K

K0nah

wot no merc? :(

spose ill have to do wiz then :flame:

still think a 2nd theurg could be a better choice than wiz, spose it all depends if your sorc has 50% heat debuff, ~700dmg every 2secs hurts ;)

A

arcofirme

and what about the "always needed" RvR class ---> Scout

K

Kagato.

Interesting idea, but not sure the template strikes me as being the 'perfect' group really. Though what the perfect group truely is is something that could be argued endlessly.

Personally i've always found the most successful groups i've been in have always been heavy tankage groups, casters take to much baby-sitting and die to easily to be reliably effective, they need perfect conditions to deliver the goods. whilst your experimenting try switching the wizard and his 2 babysitters for 3 offensive tanks and see if that works any better.

1 Cleric,
1 Friar
1 Pally (42 shield, to watch the cleric)
1 Minstrel
1 Sorc
3 Offensive tanks, any combination of polers, friars or mercs (specially after 1.62). Or trade one of for a theurgist, with end chant, damage adds and BoF from the cleric your in. Best group I was in in emain had a similer set up except it was 2 clerics, minstrel, reaver, merc, 2 polers anda paladin, and we beat a full NP group twice with no losses.

O

old.Ashgen

I'm in ...

With either Ashgen (50 shield) or Arau.

B

bult

I agree with what many others have said here, better to have meleers dealing damage then caters tbh. Casters these days deal less/same damage as tanks have less HP and can be interupted.

1 cleric
1 friar
1 minst
1 theurg
1 pala
1 sorc
2 merc

or something similar would be alot better if you ask me. Other then that i would love to take theurg spot.

/Tellis

V

villageidiot

do you people not have a guild chat?
or a message of the day?
or your own webpage?

O

old.krane

and why not posting all this on guild forum?

oh wait...u dont have one?

:m00:

G

ghaladriel

Wizzie Spot :merlin:

Ghaladriel lvl 50 Alerion Knight [First Cohort] :flame:

B

bult

Originally posted by villageidiot
do you people not have a guild chat?
or a message of the day?
or your own webpage?

Yes
Yes
No

O

old.Wildfire

"and why not posting all this on guild forum?

oh wait...u dont have one?"

and?

G

Garaen

Dump the Friar imo, two cleric's with BoF will be of more use than a Friar's resistant buff's. SoS + BoF are -extremly- important in killing greater numberd group's

T

Tilda

nope, friar resists are worth a cleric, and you have another tank rolled into one.

B

bult

Friar is uber would never not take one with me. 1 they are better damage dealers then anything else in albion 2 they can ghetto heal 3 they can base buff 4 they can ressist buff 5 they can ress.

C

Cabo-

Originally posted by Garian
Dump the Friar imo, two cleric's with BoF will be of more use than a Friar's resistant buff's. SoS + BoF are -extremly- important in killing greater numberd group's

nuckes dosent hurt that mutch when you have 56% heat and cold

B

Bilf

Originally posted by Cabo-
nuckes dosent hurt that mutch when you have 56% heat and cold

I dunno exactly what nuckes are, but they sure *sound* painful.

Users who are viewing this thread