FAO Hibs

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
It's funny to see the thread devolve from stating a single fact 'Damn, there's so many hibs these days', to Baseline Stun. (Which does suck if you're the one getting stunned).

Regardless of the tools Hibs bring to the fight, fact remains that the percentage of people in RVR seems to be awfully in favour of the Hibs the last few months - and that's with them whining they're under populated, there's more hibgroups running around than Alb/Mid groups combined on regular days. o_O

A 'hibzerg' is something that was practically unknown two years ago. Right now, it's not even rare anymore.

Mind, I'm not blaming them for anything, they're welcome to play their realm. :)

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Funny how Albs and Mids didnt get nerfed when they ran 3x the numbers Hib could field in (old) Emain Macha.

Also, Hibernia is not benefitting from underpop.bonus at the moment on cluster, right ?

Baseline stun sucks if you're the one getting stunned, yep. Same goes for MOC+Lifetap, insta-chambered, BD_Strafing+tapping, SM pet intercepting 70% of your attacks, chainstunned by theurg-airpets, two-shotted by wizard bolts etc etc.

Tough luck ;)

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Hawkwind said:
So, everyone that has ever been killed by stun, nuke, nuke, nuke regardless of the situation is mentally impaired? I guess that's probably 90% of every mid/alb out there. Baseline stun is OP. You don't agree, fine but most would disagree with you. Hardly necessary to act all elitist and call everyone else retards.

I've been one of those people who have been stunned and nuked by hib casters and YES if you don't agree your obviously retarded since you can't see the whole raft of ways you can avoid it. It's not rocket science, be a caster with longer range but ultimately if any caster in the game gets the jump on you (and that's what hib casters need to stun you) then your stuffed.

So basically yes you are retarded.

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
I like how some people think that it's "Ok" to argue by saying "If you don't agree with me, you are retarded".

Somehow it seems so ... ironic.

crispy

Can't get enough of FH
knighthood said:
Um, Caba can do ML9 pet, they got Red Nearsight and the Same delve Lifetap as a sorc, plus the pets are better (if i recall they nerfed stun chickens)..

Be nicer to Cwabbies :(

Ah well just further proves my point that people should whine less about hib baseline stun when theres so much else to counter it ^_^

Vindicator

One of Freddy's beloved
Dunno how this turned into a Hib baseline stun arguement but anyway.........

I think what people get annoyed about is not the fact that they are stunned for xyz about of seconds, because lets face it. With resists today and det etc stun doesnt last much more than 2-6secs on most people. Thats not alot of time really.

That said. 2-6secs is enough for a modern caster to kill most targets without heals or if a healer is occupied / interupted. That is what people get upset about. The fact that for 2-6secs they could do nothing about being killed, no abilities could be used < Purge being down or something> even if they had them up and there group mates could not save them because they were dead so fast.

I would have to say, Root > Stun by far. The thing about it is thou... for killing targets its Stun > Root. Thats what people look at. Not utility or usefullness in total but how it can help them kill or how it got them killed.

So please drop all the 'Your retarded because you disagree' stuff. It makes you look like a jumped up little prat who thinks they are always right and has no respect for anybody else and most likely them self.

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
I'm tired.... (<-- about as interresting as any other post here tbqh, and yeah, bainshee's are overpowered, and so is baseline stun.)

Poli

Fledgling Freddie
Oldleaf said:
Sorry you are wrong about this atleast on classic, iam templaded but Rangers are way to hard because of their spec choices and RA's. High mos, pd, ip, purge to name a few, even if i get my pa off before they land their side stun (what happens many time because of their mos) my damage is crap against them, for an example my AH style hits for (+76) you hit op Ranger for 108 (-86) a barrier absorb 42 of your damage, 82 damage from poison with viper2. offhand does 56 (-48) using 2x lifebane, debuff and disease, op Ranger hits me for 177 and 23 with 23 extra damage from pf spec he uses his ip and iam dead again. That is Wyrd spec with 44 +13 in CS. That was rr5 ranger against rr3 me. Dont tell me Rangers arent op compared to assasins...

I dont play classic :p and I realize that rangers have an advantage with SELFBUFFS and all, there. But that is not the case on any other server(maybs camlann?). At rr5 as a ranger, I need Mos3(to give atleast a chance of avoiding PA), Purge 2 and IP2 and that's ALL the points for a rr5 ranger. While Assasins do not get IP, they still get Purge, and whichever they choose to go for (passives/Viper/SW and The empty mind for my LW's). I have a chance to be hit with: WS/con debuff + Disease + Various DoT's(viper!?) + Malice Proc + Dotmine(ml6) + PA/BS + Hammychain and sb stunstyle, atleast! I realize that I could have malice too, I dont tho. All I have to negate that... is IP2 at RR5.

What I can do is not far from the same assasins can, when talking artifacts. I can get WH, sb's can get PH necky(infs?), I can get SoM, any assasins can do that aswell... I can have Malice/Battler in offhand, assasins can do that aswell... I have Purge2 and IP2, which I rely on being up, while the assasins WS/con debuff + PA/BS + CS evade chain + various passives, which all is up more frequently. Arties are a gamble, and its about who has most up at a given time.

Oldleaf said:
a barrier absorb 42 of your damage

This is hardly due to the OP'ness of the ranger, you hit an abs reactive. Have you not the equivalent?

Now when talking rangers ML line... sure FZ is OP versus assasins, its getting nerfed, and you dont always hit your opponent. I use LW's and sure I can do 200+ with my spirit LW on some inf's... but thats hardly because im OP, my resists arent perfect either, and they could be using LW's on me aswell(not to talk about CL lines and my LW's :( ).

As I see it, an assasins have the chance of succesfully pulling of a fight, more often than any ranger, because the ranger needs to have IP/purge(two timers) up, to have any remote chance of handling a decent templated and well played assasin. I can agree that after rr5-6 the rangers chance gets better and better, but why oh why didnt I make an elf :( . Sorry lost track there oO... Classic IS a different matter, and I wont presume to know much about it. Errr gotta stop getting distracted =)

dub

One of Freddy's beloved
Puppet said:
Funny how Albs and Mids didnt get nerfed when they ran 3x the numbers Hib could field in (old) Emain Macha.

Also, Hibernia is not benefitting from underpop.bonus at the moment on cluster, right ?

Baseline stun sucks if you're the one getting stunned, yep. Same goes for MOC+Lifetap, insta-chambered, BD_Strafing+tapping, SM pet intercepting 70% of your attacks, chainstunned by theurg-airpets, two-shotted by wizard bolts etc etc.

Tough luck ;)

i recall plenty of mid nerfs in OF , try search patchnotes mate :)

and discussion (especially with hibs) never got anything nerfed , best option is to spam boards with whine :)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
dub said:
i recall plenty of mid nerfs in OF , try search patchnotes mate :)

think mid have been the realm that got most nerfs in DAoC's history. alb and hib dont even come close even with all their nerfs combined.

and it all started with the thanes :(

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
Ctuchik said:
think mid have been the realm that got most nerfs in DAoC's history. alb and hib dont even come close even with all their nerfs combined.

perhaps because it was created to be unfairly op? remember pre-nerf LA damage, 2h savages, 99% intercepting sm pets, insta 1500+ dmg dealing warlocks(damage was greater than now and also there wasnt timer between firing the chambers)... its easy to see why they got the nerfs, and not just because mythic hates midgard..

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
Hold on, editing

... ahh, never mind :)

by the way, Warlock always had a timered chamberunload

ohw yeah, if it's only been the op'd characters that get nerfed, why was the firewizzy still able to deal such massive amounts of damage? Only now with ToA gear and DR classes the fire wizzy has been made less op.

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
Ingafgrinn Macabre said:
ohw yeah, if it's only been the op'd characters that get nerfed, why was the firewizzy still able to deal such massive amounts of damage? Only now with ToA gear and DR classes the fire wizzy has been made less op.

fire wizzies are really far from being op. hitting 20% more than other classes, but not having stun/mezz, healing/buffing/intercepting pet, makes it just an interesting class. sadly almost any casters ownz fire wizzies 1on1.

Oldleaf

Fledgling Freddie
Poli said:
I dont play classic :p and I realize that rangers have an advantage with SELFBUFFS and all, there. But that is not the case on any other server(maybs camlann?). At rr5 as a ranger, I need Mos3(to give atleast a chance of avoiding PA), Purge 2 and IP2 and that's ALL the points for a rr5 ranger. While Assasins do not get IP, they still get Purge, and whichever they choose to go for (passives/Viper/SW and The empty mind for my LW's). I have a chance to be hit with: WS/con debuff + Disease + Various DoT's(viper!?) + Malice Proc + Dotmine(ml6) + PA/BS + Hammychain and sb stunstyle, atleast! I realize that I could have malice too, I dont tho. All I have to negate that... is IP2 at RR5.

What I can do is not far from the same assasins can, when talking artifacts. I can get WH, sb's can get PH necky(infs?), I can get SoM, any assasins can do that aswell... I can have Malice/Battler in offhand, assasins can do that aswell... I have Purge2 and IP2, which I rely on being up, while the assasins WS/con debuff + PA/BS + CS evade chain + various passives, which all is up more frequently. Arties are a gamble, and its about who has most up at a given time.

This is hardly due to the OP'ness of the ranger, you hit an abs reactive. Have you not the equivalent?

Now when talking rangers ML line... sure FZ is OP versus assasins, its getting nerfed, and you dont always hit your opponent. I use LW's and sure I can do 200+ with my spirit LW on some inf's... but thats hardly because im OP, my resists arent perfect either, and they could be using LW's on me aswell(not to talk about CL lines and my LW's :( ).

As I see it, an assasins have the chance of succesfully pulling of a fight, more often than any ranger, because the ranger needs to have IP/purge(two timers) up, to have any remote chance of handling a decent templated and well played assasin. I can agree that after rr5-6 the rangers chance gets better and better, but why oh why didnt I make an elf :( . Sorry lost track there oO... Classic IS a different matter, and I wont presume to know much about it. Errr gotta stop getting distracted =)

Maybe thats the problem, classic against Toa servers. On classic my damage is just crap on Rangers and i have not much defense against them other than purge and capped melee resists.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom