FAO Hibs

Oldleaf

Fledgling Freddie
Remembering the time Hibernia was the underpopulated realm?

But now for some reason it looks like everyone rolling a Hib character the last few months. Glastonbury is destroyed by Hibs, on Gareth the Hib population start to be a bit annoying to, they dominating RvR just like they did on Glaston. Overpowered classes, to many Hib players compared to the other realms, luckely they dont run in 3 fg's on stick but still...

Isnt it time Mythic make Hibernia a lesser atractive realm in the form of some class nerfs to start with?

Vamps, Banshees, Rangers yes even Druids FFS. I loose most of my fights because the lack of abilities i have, and it looks like Hibs have all the goodies to make RvR fun. Iam playing Alb but the Mids have a hard time to.

I have noticed lots of Albs just gave up realm defense because they cant handle the Hib invasions.

Mythic please wake up from your Warhammer dream and make DAOC healthy again and fix some issues before you bring out another useless expansion...

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
lol ??
nerf.... go away :p really

vamps.... only on classic.... on normal servers they are balanced.
bains.... whatever... evry realm needs a damn OP caster. mid has its BDs, alb has ist thergy, alb has its bain.
rangers..... more so on classic... if on cluster.. i say get skillz.
druids.... clueless here... clerics heal better, they have the same shears.... tho druids have root and clerics have stun... mybe druid pet.... i dont care for that really :p and u cant say HEALERs are gimped compared to druids... lol.

its a period... fotm rollers roll hib atm.... it was albs whit moc/soi....it was mids whit WLs. now its hib whit something.... it will blow over soon and fotm rollers will go somewhere else

Rhana

Fledgling Freddie
lol ??
nerf.... go away :p really

Most hib casters is OP by default... baseline stun.. And the new one that dont have it... ehmm Animists and Bains... and they arent OP... no.. not at all.

... you need a lot of.."Skillzor" to beat the q-cast stun and then hard nuceing (that is by the way in same line as PBAE for some....

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Kaun_IA said:
druids.... clueless here... clerics heal better, they have the same shears.... tho druids have root and clerics have stun... mybe druid pet.... i dont care for that really

Clerics and Druids get the same heal line so why you say Clerics heal "better" is beyond me.
They don't have the same shears, Cleric shears are 1750 range 3 sec cast time, Druid shears are 1600 range and 2.5 sec cast time.
Stun shines in some places, root is good for nearly every situation.

Better look things up before you state them like that :(

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
mids are OP, hibs are OP, albs are OP

end of story.... nerf em all :p

there will allways be something overpowerd compared to ur realm.

i think albs are feeling the pressure (sp??) when they arent dominating enymore whit sheer nrs.

mids.... are......um.....dunno.... they dont like enyone :p

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Rhana said:
Most hib casters is OP by default... baseline stun.. And the new one that dont have it... ehmm Animists and Bains... and they arent OP... no.. not at all.

... you need a lot of.."Skillzor" to beat the q-cast stun and then hard nuceing (that is by the way in same line as PBAE for some....

Baseline stunn is a tool like any other, as has already been said each realm has OP casters, I would rather meet a random hib caster, than face a warlock or well played sorc. Maybe equip yourself with CB, resists, decent determination & purge if you find stunn such an issue. Moc+lifetap is a much stronger tool than stun + dd and one that no baseline stunner gets.

Im not sure what you are refering to when you mention about spec lines, stunn is in light and pb is in mana, no class gets good spec nuke and PB with the exception of mana elds dd+snare, and most elds are light or void these days.

Aeris

Fledgling Freddie
if VN boards are anything to go by there having a MASSIVE problem with hibs over there :p

Vindicator

One of Freddy's beloved
Hibs may be 'owning' on two servers as you say. In response to this, you want to nerf the whole realm.

An interesting suggestion. What about all the other servers where hibs are underpopulated and are struggling? Oh it doesnt concern you because you dont play there. Lets just nerf the hibs on the servers you play because thats what you want?

You seriously read your own posts before you post them man? They read like you whine if you lose a few times and the toys get flung out.

You dont always lose a fight because 'They are overpowered' and you tell mythic to wake up. I suggest you wake up and smell the corn flakes burning man. no offence :D

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
Oldleaf said:
Remembering the time Hibernia was the underpopulated realm?

i read that post again, and that made me laugh so fucking hard :p

so hib is suposed to be underpop ? and if hibs get the nrs like albs have sometimes....hibs should be nerfed to oblivion??

lol

Oldleaf

Fledgling Freddie
Tell me then:

Is it normal that Rangers outdamage assasin classes, its a class what has to do their damage from a bow, its an archer class ffs, not talking about their defense abilities like pd, ow or better rename the class: assasin without poisons in studded armor, they have the ability to spec in bow to.

Hibernia is overloaded by Rangers erm see assasin without poisons in studded armor, they have the ability to spec in bow to.

Vindicator

One of Freddy's beloved
Oldleaf said:
Is it normal that Rangers outdamage assasin classes, its a class what has to do their damage from a bow, its an archer class ffs, not talking about their defense abilities like pd, ow or better rename the class: assasin without poisons in studded armor, they have the ability to spec in bow to.

A ranger can spec to be purely melee orientated if they wish. Dual wield, with some nice styles, in better armor and the self buffs I'd imagine they could out damage alot of assasins but they are sacrificing things to be able to do that. If as an assasin you spec'd to take other DW stealthers out, you shouldnt have a problem. If your PA spec'd and land PA, your gonna win or at least you should.

You cant win em all dude.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Boni said:
Baseline stunn is a tool like any other,

Without the use of RA's, take any alb caster or any mid caster and duel any hib caster that have stun and see who wins. stun makes yout opponent helpless, root doesent. they can still use styles/cast spells when they are rooted.

yes root is probably better for the purpose of running away screaming like little girls while stun makes u win if purge is down.

Oldleaf

Fledgling Freddie
Vindicator said:
A ranger can spec to be purely melee orientated if they wish. Dual wield, with some nice styles, in better armor and the self buffs I'd imagine they could out damage alot of assasins but they are sacrificing things to be able to do that. If as an assasin you spec'd to take other DW stealthers out, you shouldnt have a problem. If your PA spec'd and land PA, your gonna win or at least you should.

You cant win em all dude.

Hard to pa a mos5 Ranger...

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Ctuchik said:
Without the use of RA's, take any alb caster or any mid caster and duel any hib caster that have stun and see who wins.

As I said earlier, I think many warlocks, sorcs and even wizzies would disagree with that. If you take away everyones RAS yes the playing field is a lot closer, but taking away RAs is a different game from the one we are playing.

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Oldleaf said:
Hard to pa a mos5 Ranger...

Rangers are easy to kill on the normal servers, if you cant kill them something is seriously wrong with either your playstyle or template.

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Ctuchik said:
Without the use of RA's, take any alb caster or any mid caster and duel any hib caster that have stun and see who wins. stun makes yout opponent helpless, root doesent. they can still use styles/cast spells when they are rooted.

yes root is probably better for the purpose of running away screaming like little girls while stun makes u win if purge is down.

Given that stun is short range and most casters i.e. wizards,sorcs, theurgs, RM have longer range spells this is really more likely an issue with your reactions. The only class that consistently beats these classes is a a light eld. BD should be able to win even if stunned and SM always has a good chance against most casters.

Poli

Fledgling Freddie
Ballard said:
Rangers are easy to kill on the normal servers, if you cant kill them something is seriously wrong with either your playstyle or template.

Agree!

Rangers should and do not in any way "out dmg" any assasin class... unless they cbb to template and learn how to play their char. Most melee rangers are fully templated and know what they are doing, so obviously that set YOU back a step, mr. thread starter =)

Rangers goal is more to "out-last" their opponent, but im not saying they cant do dmg mind you. and ofc RR does matter, melee rangers suck before rr5-6, assasins dont, except against other rr5+ assasins.

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
ah nice to see the same old arguments going on years after they started. Hib baseline stun is fairly useless, anyone arguing otherwise is obviously retarded. It's negated by resists and most other casters/archers having far longer range spells. Yes it's annoying but hardly overpowered.

Hib is a very attractive realm to play in though perhaps they need to do something but not by nerfing classes.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Kami said:
ah nice to see the same old arguments going on years after they started. Hib baseline stun is fairly useless, anyone arguing otherwise is obviously retarded. It's negated by resists and most other casters/archers having far longer range spells. Yes it's annoying but hardly overpowered.

Hib is a very attractive realm to play in though perhaps they need to do something but not by nerfing classes.

So, everyone that has ever been killed by stun, nuke, nuke, nuke regardless of the situation is mentally impaired? I guess that's probably 90% of every mid/alb out there. Baseline stun is OP. You don't agree, fine but most would disagree with you. Hardly necessary to act all elitist and call everyone else retards.

Everz

FH is my second home
Hawkwind said:
So, everyone that has ever been killed by stun, nuke, nuke, nuke regardless of the situation is mentally impaired? I guess that's probably 90% of every mid/alb out there. Baseline stun is OP. You don't agree, fine but most would disagree with you. Hardly necessary to act all elitist and call everyone else retards.

its a shame that most people dont even bother to try and figure ways around baseline stun(there are many ;/) instead they may qq threads about how it should be nerfed..

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
Oldleaf said:
Tell me then:

Hibernia is overloaded by Rangers erm see assasin without poisons in studded armor, they have the ability to spec in bow to.

rangers wount outdmg assasins.... ofc if ur running whitout resists.. then yes... ofc :p

as u can see from my sig i have a ranger... it is a melee ranger.... and it has maxxed out template.... i can kill enyone out there.... but they have a eaqual chance of killing me.... that template gives me the chance to be on equal terms whit eny assasin... even tho few hunters can kick my ass fast :p

ofc we have the abil to specc bow.... but WHY? it has soo crap dmg... u cant cap all the good things easy.. whitout gimping resists or defencive abils.... and i hate tower camping.... thats why defence is as important as offence for me.

and BTW... melee hunters can be worse.... and melee scouts....(thrust + shield) can be VERY hard to beat allso... i know 2 melee scouts... and one of em i havent won yet :p

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
Eversmallx said:
its a shame that most people dont even bother to try and figure ways around baseline stun(there are many ;/) instead they may qq threads about how it should be nerfed..

sadly thats true... and the stun has been here from the start... or atleast when i started 3 or so years ago :D

it will NEVER change :D

crispy

Can't get enough of FH
Let the wine flow!

this is just a guess but: hib is overpobulated because i remember some time ago when hibs did alot of raiding in alb, had alot of alb relics and generally made the game suck for albs :p

Now albs took revenge and rolled hib, or logged on to their hib chars :)

This is only a thought, but there has to some explanation to the declining alb population and increasing hib population :>

edit: was in response to the TS stating that hibs are overpopulated because of op'd ness ^_^

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
Kaun_IA said:
and BTW... melee hunters can be worse.... and melee scouts....(thrust + shield) can be VERY hard to beat allso... i know 2 melee scouts... and one of em i havent won yet :p

melee scout theory is not bad, ultimate high dex is good for thrust damage and blocking rate as well.. but since blocking chance halves when facing a dual wielder enemy(sbs, rangers, nss, blademasters, zerkers, mercs..), shield worths 0 against them. and sadly, 99%of the enemies are DWers.. slam should be nice, but who doesnt have purge2/3 nowdays? so no, melee ranger is the toughest when talking about melee specced archer classes.

crispy

Can't get enough of FH
Ctuchik said:

/laugh :D

theurg vs baseline stun = mezz and pets wich is just as good as stun and nuke...

sorc can mezz, run and let ml9 pet beat down the poor hib caster.. even mezzing/rooting enemy pet if necessary.

Wizz can ns and bolt the poor hib.

caba cant do much but thats that :p

As you can see alb casters stand a chance and it all boils down to who's fastest and best...

And if baseline stun is that good on a caster, why dont you see more solo smite clerics around? :O

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Because smite doesn't have +focus, is 750 range, you have lower dex than any caster, you dont have quickcast (just to name a few things).
By the time you stunned someone and walked over to get in the 750 range he's either out of stun or your interrupted because someone looked at you.
If Clerics could nuke as fast with smite as a caster can with his DD and would have the same range then your point would be valid.

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
crispy said:
caba cant do much but thats that :O

Um, Caba can do ML9 pet, they got Red Nearsight and the Same delve Lifetap as a sorc, plus the pets are better (if i recall they nerfed stun chickens)..

Be nicer to Cwabbies :(

Wild

One of Freddy's beloved
so many different points of veiw :(

saying crap like its who ever is best wins depends on what sort of fights you are talking about..

if both casters see each other at the same time and both q/c at the same time the stun class will win. nothing to do with skills just fact of the game (this is ofc if CB / purge is down and even if purge is up you prolly wont win cost your already being intrupted.)

there are over powered classes but a lot of ablitys casters have to win is situational(sp)

id say 90% of casters can drop another caster in 3-4 hits and at cap casting thats like what ? 6 sec's tops

having said that stun wont beat all classes high det tanks will bearly stop moving and casters with pet classes might beable to intrupt before they die if they meet close enough.

the only exception to this i can see is Loc's and i dont need to say why just feking deleate them all ! :)

also if a class gets a good jump on them ie sees them before is seen and can get a cast off then usually should win. time it takes to /face /q/c stun/nuke youll usually b dead.

baseline stun has been there since day 1 and has been a pain to mid and alb but its part of the game and mythic wont change it mythic wont give out baseline stun(or even spec) to any more classes so whats the point carrying on a 4 year whine :)

if you want to win Vs hibs then the best way to avoid geting stun nuked is try to see them before they see you :)

this is ofc all based on 1vs1 fg vs fg stun doesnt really have loads of effect on the outcome as there are many many more important factors that win fights.

didnt post this to try and whine just giving my pov (now start a nerf loc's more thread and then youll see me whine! lol )

Oldleaf

Fledgling Freddie
Poli said:
Agree!

Rangers should and do not in any way "out dmg" any assasin class... unless they cbb to template and learn how to play their char. Most melee rangers are fully templated and know what they are doing, so obviously that set YOU back a step, mr. thread starter =)

Rangers goal is more to "out-last" their opponent, but im not saying they cant do dmg mind you. and ofc RR does matter, melee rangers suck before rr5-6, assasins dont, except against other rr5+ assasins.

Sorry you are wrong about this atleast on classic, iam templaded but Rangers are way to hard because of their spec choices and RA's. High mos, pd, ip, purge to name a few, even if i get my pa off before they land their side stun (what happens many time because of their mos) my damage is crap against them, for an example my AH style hits for (+76) you hit op Ranger for 108 (-86) a barrier absorb 42 of your damage, 82 damage from poison with viper2. offhand does 56 (-48) using 2x lifebane, debuff and disease, op Ranger hits me for 177 and 23 with 23 extra damage from pf spec he uses his ip and iam dead again. That is Wyrd spec with 44 +13 in CS. That was rr5 ranger against rr3 me. Dont tell me Rangers arent op compared to assasins...

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Oldleaf said:
Sorry you are wrong about this atleast on classic, iam templaded but Rangers are way to hard because of their spec choices and RA's. High mos, pd, ip, purge to name a few, even if i get my pa off before they land their side stun (what happens many time because of their mos) my damage is crap against them, for an example my AH style hits for (+76) you hit op Ranger for 108 (-86) a barrier absorb 42 of your damage, 82 damage from poison with viper2. offhand does 56 (-48) using 2x lifebane, debuff and disease, op Ranger hits me for 177 and 23 with 23 extra damage from pf spec he uses his ip and iam dead again. That is Wyrd spec with 44 +13 in CS. That was rr5 ranger against rr3 me. Dont tell me Rangers arent op compared to assasins...

- The game is not balanced for classic, it is balanced for normal servers
- A rr5 should beat a rr3 most of the time.
- Plenty of classes can beat a ranger easy (even on classic), likewise a ranger can beat some classes more easily than others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom