FAO Goa - Request for info.

Xajorkith

Fledgling Freddie
On next weeks “The Camelot Reporter” (or sooner if possible), could I request:

Informing the Excalibur and Prydwen community what under-populated bonus they are getting on their servers.

Informing the Excalibur and Prydwen community the "rough" new timeframe for clustering.

Informing all your customers of “roughly” when you will have the XML up and running.

Informing all your customers of “roughly” when we will expect 1.78 and Darkness Rising.

I did find the three paragraphs on the "Dark Age of Camelot at the Milan Show" absolutely riveting, and like most players playing on the British servers we were all tempted to fly over to Milan to attend, but to be honest I would really love to hear about the four points instead.

:)

/Salute

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Xajorkith said:

Informing the Excalibur and Prydwen community what under-populated bonus they are getting on their servers.

Informing the Excalibur and Prydwen community the "rough" new timeframe for clustering.

Informing all your customers of “roughly” when you will have the XML up and running.

Informing all your customers of “roughly” when we will expect 1.78 and Darkness Rising.

I did find the three paragraphs on the "Dark Age of Camelot at the Milan Show" absolutely riveting, and like most players playing on the British servers we were all tempted to fly over to Milan to attend, but to be honest I would really love to hear about the four points instead.

:)

/Salute

Doubt you'll get that info since no matter how "rough" they say an estimate is people will whine till they're blue in the face if it's not met.

Accupuncture

Fledgling Freddie
Spoken like someone that hasn't had a player stripped.

Im sure once everyone has been sorted with their stripped players we will hear more.

As it stands at the moment dont hold your breath for it being soon......

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
To be fair they wont give estimated times as people moan when these arnt met, but based on what Ive seen on the forums and stuff :-

Prydwen has the maximum underpopulated bonus until clustering
Excal (not sure, but hib get a freelevel in 4 days)
Clustering will probably happen once the backlog of items/restores has been done on prydwen guess with all the overtime there putting in possible before the end of september ?
Doubt very much that the XML will be fixed before the next patch, USA servers had issues with 1.75 and as they have already translated up to 1.78 and are currently testing there seems little point to fix the existing problem in 1.75 Im sure the patch will happen shortly after clustering - so some point in early october as a guess.
And as for darkness rising - would be great to see this out for xmass (two months after USA release) but maybe not until feb/march thats the normal time of the year for addons

Speculation is great :) And as you say would be nice to have some estimated time frames in the friday news even if they do slip.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
Doubt you'll get that info since no matter how "rough" they say an estimate is people will whine till they're blue in the face if it's not met.

If Mythic can give a release date for darkness rising in the US, why cant GoA give a release date for Darlkness rising here in europe, cant be that hard can it, surely someone in GoA has some project management skills and can liase with mythic. After all, i keep hearing about GoA's and Mythics excellent relationship...

:m00:

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:

If Mythic can give a release date for darkness rising in the US, why cant GoA give a release date for Darlkness rising here in europe, cant be that hard can it, surely someone in GoA has some project management skills and can liase with mythic. After all, i keep hearing about GoA's and Mythics excellent relationship...

I honestly cant see GoA getting to host a decent MMORPG again after all the problems they have had

soze

I am a FH squatter
scorge said:

Maybe they need the files ect to find out how long translation will take? They won't get these untill it is live and stable in the US i think. Also maybe the US tell GOA when they can release the new version? Again if this is true they will wait for it to be live and stable?

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Xajorkith said:

/Salute

I think if you search back through news archives you'll find this info and unless it changes I don;t suppose they feel they need to post it everyweek.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
soze said:
Maybe they need the files ect to find out how long translation will take? They won't get these untill it is live and stable in the US i think. Also maybe the US tell GOA when they can release the new version? Again if this is true they will wait for it to be live and stable?

I agree, But how many Expansions have GoA done now? you would think that they would have an idea and be able to project manage an expansion, with time scales etc.

OK maybe not an exact date like Mythic have (October 19th or 21st cant remember) maybe just say the month..fuck it why not just tell us which year they only have a choice of two - 2005 or 2006 unless GoA are really that clueless on how to run a business and customer expectations...

you would think that with over 50% of DAOC customer base being in europe, Mythic would wait till GoA have done there bit and release it both in euro and US at same time...

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
because they have to rely on Mythic to fix any bugs that arise with the international version of the code and they can't exactly schedule mythic's time for them ;) nor do they know when Mythic will say "ok that's patch 1.80 stable lets release it to europe".

Wai

Fledgling Freddie
what difference would it make knowing when DR will be out here?

if someone told u when wet paint would dry would watching it be anymore fun?

GOA can't release a date till mythic have got a stable version, they can't say a year either i'd guess as if they were optimistic and said this year how many ppl would complain if they had to delay to jan 06 because of unforseen bugs in the live version. They'll release a date when they have one not before.

as for cluster guess they can't put a date on it, when players chars are restored or a high % of chars restored then they'll have a date.

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
GoA gave a release date for SI, ToA and Catas - there will be one announced for DR when the time is right, patience :)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
it'll be after DR is launched though - to see whether it's another ToA (in the whole bugged to hell for 3 patches kinda way rather than the "OMG I HAVE TO GRIND THINGS!!!! WAAAH!" way)

Bob007

Prince Among Men
Days for a free level : 2
Camp Bonus : 120%
RvR Bonus : 10%
Hookpoints Purchase : 50% reduction

http://daoc.goa.com/news/view_last30news.php3?id_article=3507

Clustering, When pryd items are restored and its back on its feet.

XML, Next patch, No point fixing it now just to break it again.

Darkness Rising, I'd work on Feb/March next year (2006) Like all other pay for addons unless told otherwise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom