FAO GoA Peeps- need help

Airalith

Loyal Freddie
Ok the answer i got dont cut it. The account is mine and not shared. I cant rightnow this because my game password isnt working for my account and the answers im getting back are taking 2days a time and arnt actually doing anything. Any GoA peeps able to tell me whats going on or any normal peeps have any ideas? this not a goa flaming thing i really do need help

Response (CS) 03/29/2005 05:21 PM
Hello,

We are sorry not to follow up your request, since it is forbidden to share the game, for more details we invite you to log on to the FAQ below:

Title: Can i lend, sell or share my account ?
URL: https://faq.camelot-europe.com/cgi-.../std_adp.php?p_faqid=130&p_created=1012324486

Regards,
---------------------------------------------
European Dark Age of Camelot Customer Support
Customer (dan SCOTT) 03/28/2005 02:35 PM

I cannot log into my account. It is saying my account password is wrong. The main problem i have is my email address is not the one you would send any changes of password to.

The account was originally meant to be a gift for a friend. However they did not take a liking to the game so i kept it. Is there any way to change the email address on the account?

I am not in contact with the person who holds the account email address nor am i even aware they still use the email account. I can provide the account password I have for the account and also the subscription password, which does still work. However the normal channels of changing the password don’t seem to work in this case. Please let me know ASAP. My email address is

Thanks alot

Elvo^Rylu

Fledgling Freddie
Request new password on subs page.

Contact your friend and tell him to check his e-mail.

Only way as i see it as what you have done is against the EULA.

You can also ask your friend to contact GOA for you.

Tilda

two options, 1) contact your friend, get him to accept email change.

2) send credit card statements showing you paying for account, phone bills, a reciept showing you bought it, and stuff to prove your idently etc etc to an address so goa can prove you are the real owner.
I swear its harder to get your account back from goa than it is to get a passport.

Zenythe

[GOA] English Servers GM
If the account is actually yours you can send an email to subscription@goa.com with the original details registered to the account including mailing address name and the original CD keys. One they have established ownership of the account you can then request to have the email changed by billing and get a new set of passwords.

Airalith

Loyal Freddie
What if i dont have the original account CD key? I actually recently moved to leicester so dunno if i got it. Ill have a look but what if i dont? I got like everything else. Subs password, old game password everything. Just wanna know what happens if i dont have the CD key

Zenythe

[GOA] English Servers GM
If the ownership of an account is called into question and no one can establish ownership via CD keys and various other bits of information that the Subs department might ask for then the account will be terminated.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
load the camelot/si/toa/catacombs .exe files

when it loads maybe just maybe it will tell you the cd key in that box....cant remember the name but you press ok and it loads....if a patch is out it starts to patch instead of loading the game first

Devaster

Fledgling Freddie
the original cdkey can be also found in the file patch.dat
but i donno, goa might want u to give them also SI/TOA/CATA cdkeys also :eek:

If u used correct info when u created the account the first time. IE if u wrote there your own name u can prove with an ID, your right address which is same address as the billing address of the CC your account was paid and u can prove it with some unity bill or its written in your local ID. Then u will need to fax/mail/email all these papers to GOA aswell as the credit card statement.

Formash

Fledgling Freddie
Tilda said:
I swear its harder to get your account back from goa than it is to get a passport.

I wouldn't like to work for GOA then, and have to arrange a passport to go abroad ;)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Zenythe said:
If the ownership of an account is called into question and no one can establish ownership via CD keys and various other bits of information that the Subs department might ask for then the account will be terminated.

that sucks, so if some random person comes along and says they own my account, which i have had for nearly 3 years you will just terminate it because i no longer have the original instructions with the CD-key on the back? surely CC payment details and history, name/address etc is enough?

Zenythe

[GOA] English Servers GM
I believe I said 'and various other bits of information they might ask for' in my original post. Generally the use CD keys if they have to go beyond that they will.

Bleam

Fledgling Freddie
I have identical problem here
but I could answer all information they asked for
I have the game login and password to all my accounts but I lost my emails with my sub information, we moved out and I threw away all my paperwork I don't need anymore due to less space
I still have all my daoc boxes but no booklets
I have a brand new catacombs game laying here, not being able to be activated
I answered their email they sent:

Dear Mr William,

We have received your mail and we thank you for it.

To follow up your request, we need you to provide the information below:

* The CD key’s number of each account. I can't answer this
* The registered postal address. I answered this
* The method of payment (VISA, ECMC, American Express, ELV) I answered this and stated my first 3 digits and last 2 digits of my cc..
* The email addresses registered in each account. I answered this
* The new email addresses you want to register for each account. I answered this

We remind you that you must have separate email addresses for each account.

Upon receiving these items, we will immediately update your accounts.

We stand by to receive these information.

Regards,
---------------------------------------------
European Dark Age of Camelot Customer Support

Will I get lucky or not? :/

Zenythe

[GOA] English Servers GM
Generally it's a case of having enough info to give them to proove it's your account not one you hijacked off your flatmates brothers girlfriends cousin. I say CD keys because I won't tell people to blindly send their credit card info unsolicited to ANYONE, if they need it to substantiate the account they will ask for it, and a lot of times CD keys and a name and address are all that are needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom