fao GoA: LD and lag

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
Excalibur is unplayable today. PLEASE find out what´s wrong there and fix the problem.
Since my entire guild and alliance was lagging/going linkdead tonight, the problem is definitely NOT on my side (ISP or whatever). It must be a problem on your side.

thanks

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
lost 4 group members as "the alb zerg™" hit us, much fun

mightybunny

Fledgling Freddie
we were doing legion raid just before we were going to hit legion mass LD :p

luckily we had no aggro so we could take him out.

Tinyheals

One of Freddy's beloved
Too bad Mythic/Goa staff hasnt been too the courses how to keep their customers.

Excalibur yesterdaynight 1650ppl online primetime.

* People are tired of lagging and going linkdead, community has complained,
and nothing major is happening.

And yes goa, we know you have answered to this topic several times before.

But as with every company, one must look back and look at what they did wrong. MAybe could mark these posts.

Im off to world of wacraft anyway.

better gfx, faster support (in a matter of minutes, though its beta i know),
better framerate, etc.

And yup goa, i know you're only hosting the game, and cant do shit yourself,
except getting far far behind US with every little patch that comes out.

I wounder how long time it has taken to translate the NF patch really, and how much it is.

Your handling of the game are going down, the only thing positive is that you read these boards. You will have a very hard time keeping your customers, when you cant supply fullservice and patches 6, 7 months old.

whiiiineeeeeee

too bad for such a great game.
and i will not again play any mmo hosted by goa.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Tinyheals said:
too bad for such a great game.
and i will not again play any mmo hosted by goa.
True its sad, but lets not forget that when WoW comes to Europe, it will be carried to us by...you guessed it, Opentransit....the main source of the problems we have. Blizzard too are setting up in Paris. Once again you are all missing the point that its not GOAs fault, they have reported the problem, but its down to Opentransit to fix.

I do feel this is getting a little out of hand, but board spamming the same shite at GOA all the time will get you no where.

Tinyheals

One of Freddy's beloved
ive played wow on eu servers since 6 weeks back, and i never encountered any problems with lag or ld

legaoniel

One of Freddy's beloved
well...

...for my tuppence worth, the end result is the same no matter what the problem - true they may be powerless to do anything about it, but that doesn't really make the problem go away! At the end of the day lag is lag no matter who is to blame - given that they ARE pretty much helpless to do anything about it then I have to say my cash is therefore destined to head elsewhere - shame, but there you have it...

Draylor

Part of the furniture
old.Whoodoo said:
when WoW comes to Europe, it will be carried to us by...you guessed it, Opentransit.
WoWs Euro support folks are in Paris, the servers are not. Theyre in Amsterdam, same as the other Euro servers Blizzard have.

Thankfully, or I wouldnt even consider playing it.

Glottis

Fledgling Freddie
Oh, if the servers are not on the retarded Opentransit "network" it might be good.
GoA should get their fingers out of their arse and take action.
If Opentransit cannot fix their network problems, GoA should move the servers to another network...
Now they are just stealing my money.
Regards, Glottis

Mundokar

One of Freddy's beloved
Maybe the problem is with Opentransit Whoodoo, but GOA depends on customer satisfaction. The major lagg we have had the last 2-3 months is driving people away and if this is not solved in NF GOA will see a mass-exodus of players. Mass-exodus = Dead GOA.

So they better solve the issue on a short notice. Maybe even setting up servers in Amsterdam instead of Paris if Opentransit is so difficult to communicate with (its the same mothercompany o_O). It might cost a lot of money to move the servers but everything is better than bankruptcy.

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
old.Whoodoo said:
True its sad, but lets not forget that when WoW comes to Europe, it will be carried to us by...you guessed it, Opentransit....the main source of the problems we have. Blizzard too are setting up in Paris. Once again you are all missing the point that its not GOAs fault, they have reported the problem, but its down to Opentransit to fix.

I do feel this is getting a little out of hand, but board spamming the same shite at GOA all the time will get you no where.
Pity the spamming on right now is having the same effect.

By spamming the boards it will stay in the public eye.

It *IS* GOAs responsibility in as far as we have an agreement with them not Opentransit.. people have tried contacting OT but so far they wont talk to people or threaten them contacting thier ISP's.

Opentransit wont lose 15 quid a month from me if I change games but GOA will.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Tay said:
Pity the spamming on right now is having the same effect.

By spamming the boards it will stay in the public eye.

It *IS* GOAs responsibility in as far as we have an agreement with them not Opentransit.. people have tried contacting OT but so far they wont talk to people or threaten them contacting thier ISP's.

Opentransit wont lose 15 quid a month from me if I change games but GOA will.
/yawn, oh how many times has someone said this...me and the rest of the normals have lost count...and oh look, all the "fix it..." or "ill leave for XXX" are still here. If this was anywhere near the truth then A) you would be on this forum any more and B) youd be on the SWG forums moaning about that instead.

Spamming rightnow and these boards about the same old crap gets one response.../ignore and file it under "the same place used shit paper goes".

To get this straight yet again as some are too dumb to figure it out:

GOA cant change the supplier of their back bone, get over it.
You have a contract for GOA to supply the game, NOT YOUR NET CONNECTION! The Game is being supplied, so they HAVE done their bit.
GOA ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE for Opentransits problems, in any way shape or form, if a road breaks you dont sue the car company do you?
Want an insta fix, MOVED TO PARIS!
Glottis you tool, GOA are not stealing anything, please /quit soon.:twak:

You people really need to /engage brain sometimes :touch:

Votan

Fledgling Freddie
Dude you are a thick tool.

Yes Goa supply the game.. a massively multiplayer ONLINE roleplaying game. Your ISP does supply the net connection but thats not the issue; the issue is the inessant amount of lag that we've been having for the last month or so. Since this is a purely online game one should expect a reasonable amount of service with regards to playability.. instead of improving its gone right down the shitter. Pre NF zones couldnt even hold a decent alb "zerg".. with all the focus of RvR around keeps/towers in NF the problem is only exacerbated.
Time for GoA to wake up and prod Opentranshite into setting things straight.

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
GOA cant change the supplier of their back bone, get over it.
You have a contract for GOA to supply the game, NOT YOUR NET CONNECTION! The Game is being supplied, so they HAVE done their bit.
GOA ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE for Opentransits problems, in any way shape or form, if a road breaks you dont sue the car company do you?
Want an insta fix, MOVED TO PARIS!

I´m sorry to contradict you there dude, but you´re wrong.
GoA IS responsible for OT problems, not because they´re a source of the problem, but because they´re using OT as one part of their service infrastructure. If you´re running a business and you´re offering a service, you are fully responsible for every supplier you have. And if you´re unable to deliver an item and fullfill your part of the contract because your screw merchant failed to sell you the crucial 4 missing screws you needed to assemble the machine... YOU are responsible for that. You can´t call your customer and say "hey, dude, you know, this silly screw merchant screwed up. but pay me anyways." If you do that on the open market, they´re gonna rip you a new hole in a place where you certainly don´t want one.
If the road breaks, you don´t sue the car company... that´s correct. But that´s irrelevant, because the road isn´t part of the car companys contract. Your example would cover the situation where your personal ISP is breaking down. However, if your car keeps breaking down because the fuel pipe is not fixed properly, you WILL sue the car company, despite the fact that the derfect fuel pipe might not be the car companies fault.
GoA is offering a service. The service includes the game as well as the technical environment to play it. If the technical environment isn´t working and the game is unplayable, they need to take care of it... or stop offering the service. At any rate, they can´t sit back, do nothing and keep charging people for a service they can´t provide... be it their faul or not.

Mattsing

One of Freddy's beloved
Thorwyn[B&Q] said:
GoA IS responsible for OT problems, not because they´re a source of the problem, but because they´re using OT as one part of their service infrastructure. If you´re running a business and you´re offering a service, you are fully responsible for every supplier you have. And if you´re unable to deliver an item and fullfill your part of the contract because your screw merchant failed to sell you the crucial 4 missing screws you needed to assemble the machine... YOU are responsible for that. You can´t call your customer and say "hey, dude, you know, this silly screw merchant screwed up. but pay me anyways." If you do that on the open market, they´re gonna rip you a new hole in a place where you certainly don´t want one.
If the road breaks, you don´t sue the car company... that´s correct. But that´s irrelevant, because the road isn´t part of the car companys contract. Your example would cover the situation where your personal ISP is breaking down. However, if your car keeps breaking down because the fuel pipe is not fixed properly, you WILL sue the car company, despite the fact that the derfect fuel pipe might not be the car companies fault.
GoA is offering a service. The service includes the game as well as the technical environment to play it. If the technical environment isn´t working and the game is unplayable, they need to take care of it... or stop offering the service. At any rate, they can´t sit back, do nothing and keep charging people for a service they can´t provide... be it their faul or not.

Couldnt have said it better my self :)
Gl to contact the company that manufactured the fuel pipe... its expencive to call Taiwan. :p

Thank god the rl dont work as some ppl think. :fluffle:

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
if your pc breaks down or your ISP is down that isnt GOA's fault. It still means you cant play the game, but it isnt up to GOA.
Now with OT it isnt the same as the fuelpipe in a car, as it is possible for people to play on goa's servers it just isnt if you have to go through OT. You could claim it is your own ISP's fault, as you pay for an internet service, but you dont have a decent connection to GOA.

However wether or not it is GOA's fault/responsibility to fix OT doesnt really matter. With this lag the game is hard to play, so if this keeps going on people will leave the game as they cant enjoy it much. So GOA has to do something about it (which they probably did/do, but OT wont suddenly upgrade their routers/connections, just because some small company wants/demands it)

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
Now with OT it isnt the same as the fuelpipe in a car, as it is possible for people to play on goa's servers it just isnt if you have to go through OT

Yeah but since OT is part of the GoA system and you can´t chose an alternative (i.e. THEY chose what service you have to go through), it´s their responsibility because that´s how the market is working as I´ve tried to explain. You offer service, one of your resources isn´t working, your fault.

...and it´s perfectly possible to drive a car with a broken fule pipe... to an extend.
:)

Votan

Fledgling Freddie
Lol GoA is hardly a small company mate. The amount of DAoC players in Europe is fairly large (sure its no USA but what the heck).
Till now only a relatively small batch of people have left DAoC; if these lag issues continue i'm certain there will be a lot more. That is not a healthy prospect for GoA as a company.. less players equal less revenue and you essentially have the same maintenance & fixed costs for fewer players. GoA have improved their servers recently.. we've just found a new bottleneck.

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
GOA is rather small I would think so, as it has an income of around 12 million a year? (6000 people per server, 14 servers, 84000 customers, 12 euro per month=144 per year, probably even less)
That isnt that much income for a company and the traffic created is most likely only a small part of what OT handles. So it still means that OT wont suddenly bow down to the mighty GOA, as they aren't that big.

Now Thorwyn as I said, I did agree that it is GOA's problem as enough people suffer from it. However it is NOT GOA's fault imo, GOA didnt make a mistake (OT wasnt a problem until only recently).
You cant claim that the service isnt working as you can then also claim it is your own ISP's fault, as you cant enjoy the internet. However we are now just discussing semantics more than what GOA should do, as it is obvious that GOA should do something (and it seems they do try (GOA person posted in a thread on daoc general asking for more pingplotters to keep pressure on OT)).

Gold

Fledgling Freddie
Driwen said:
You cant claim that the service isnt working as you can then also claim it is your own ISP's fault, as you cant enjoy the internet.

No, you can't. Your ISP is responsible for your connection to the internet, nothing beyond that.

Shadowmag

Fledgling Freddie
Driwen said:
GOA is rather small I would think so, as it has an income of around 12 million a year? (6000 people per server, 14 servers, 84000 customers, 12 euro per month=144 per year, probably even less)
That isnt that much income for a company and the traffic created is most likely only a small part of what OT handles. So it still means that OT wont suddenly bow down to the mighty GOA, as they aren't that big.

Now Thorwyn as I said, I did agree that it is GOA's problem as enough people suffer from it. However it is NOT GOA's fault imo, GOA didnt make a mistake (OT wasnt a problem until only recently).
You cant claim that the service isnt working as you can then also claim it is your own ISP's fault, as you cant enjoy the internet. However we are now just discussing semantics more than what GOA should do, as it is obvious that GOA should do something (and it seems they do try (GOA person posted in a thread on daoc general asking for more pingplotters to keep pressure on OT)).

Yes but you see GOA is THE french game server hosting company - almost all of the games sold in france ( that have an online multiplayer function ofc ) are hosted by goa :) GOA is in turn owned by wanadoo , which is france telecom's internet branch ... so you see if GOA peeps want to make a difference they just need to call their boss and fix the problem :clap:

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Thorwyn[B&Q] said:

Hit the soft point :clap:

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
Glottis said:
Oh, if the servers are not on the retarded Opentransit "network" it might be good.
GoA should get their fingers out of their arse and take action.
If Opentransit cannot fix their network problems, GoA should move the servers to another network...
Now they are just stealing my money.
Regards, Glottis

where did the mid flaming and added retardedness go?

Dafft

One of Freddy's beloved
Thorwyn[B&Q] said:
And if you´re unable to deliver an item and fullfill your part of the contract because your screw merchant failed to sell you the crucial 4 missing screws you needed to assemble the machine... YOU are responsible for that. You can´t call your customer and say "hey, dude, you know, this silly screw merchant screwed up. but pay me anyways." If you do that on the open market, they´re gonna rip you a new hole in a place where you certainly don´t want one.

You can do it when you B&Q it

Ning

Fledgling Freddie
Shadowmag said:
almost all of the games sold in france ( that have an online multiplayer function ofc ) are hosted by goa :)

It's completly wrong. GOA only handles DAOC. A few years ago, GOA began their business with free servers for some games (Counter Strike, Starcraft, etc and a free MMORPG : The 4th Coming (UO like) ). It was on goa.com . However, by default, games didn't send you to the GOA website. It was just as the Jolt's servers for UK (jolt.co.uk)
Multiplayers games are hosted by their editors just like in the other countries (Battle.net for Blizzard, Ubi for Ubisoft, etc).
If you want my opinion, THE french game server hosting company is Ubisoft which handles worldwide servers for their own games (ubi.com) + Everquest 1 in europe + Shadowbane. Note that hosting games is not the main job of Ubisoft, it's just a service they give for their games (Farcry, Splinter Cell, etc) but they have so many games...
Another great french game server hosting company is Vivendi Universal Games. Well it depends how you see things : Vivendi Universal Games owns Blizzard and Sierra. Blizzard owns Battle.net (Diablo, etc) + WoW and Sierra owns Steam (Counter Strike, HL²). So Vivendi doesn't directly manage these servers (Blizzard and Sierra's job) but owns them (when you buy a HL² box or a WoW box, you give your money to Vivendi). That's why I said "depends how you see things".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom