FAO GM Server Events

B

big_ish

Soulja_IA_ said:
Event :- Gather all Warloks up and we can machine gun them to death and they have to delete :)

Soulja

Seconded, Motion to carry!

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
it's a classic server ;) you don't get goa content on a classic server - it wouldn't be classic for one.

For one of the saner people on these boards, that's a fairly crappy reason.

There's no reason why people who choose to play on the classic servers should be excluded from events, unless there's an actual technical reason preventing them.

XenX

Fledgling Freddie
And and.. dont forget the PVP server! although it wud be chaos on our server..lol

Bahumat

FH is my second home
XenX said:
And and.. dont forget the PVP server! although it wud be chaos on our server..lol

Tilda said:
They don't do events on any of the alternate ruleset servers. So no events for Camlann or Glastonbury :(

try reading the responses

XenX

Fledgling Freddie
i skimmed through them.. maybe i missed it.. shoot me why dont ya!

Ryuno

Can't get enough of FH
tbh I can see why they wouldnt do events on the PvP server. 1 being its a bit complicated, and 2 its a pretty dead server compared to others.

But I just can't see the logic in not having events for the classic servers. Sure you can't use anything TOA, but surely that isn't that hard. And they are the most popular servers at the moment.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
The logic is this :

When they opened the servers, they said that there wouldn't be any events on them.

So, people joined them, and then whined that things were as they were told they would be.

Darzil

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
There's no Goa content on the alternate ruleset servers because the code works differently on these servers, they aren't just regular servers with different options. If we ran additional content on these servers we'd need to develop and test three versions of all the events/quests/special NPCs and keep three separate script bases up to date after each patch.

Regarding the popularity of the Classic servers, the majority of our players still play on regular servers and so we'll continue to run events and content which the majority of our players can enjoy.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
Darzil said:
The logic is this :

When they opened the servers, they said that there wouldn't be any events on them.

So, people joined them, and then whined that things were as they were told they would be.

Darzil

that's always going to be the way tho.

People know they arent going to get it, and when they dont they whine

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
Darzil said:
The logic is this :

Darzil

:clap:

living

Fledgling Freddie
Tears said:
If you have a good idea type it up and log it on rightnow :)

I remember some of the events GoA ran and they were pretty damn good, especialy the one where all 3 realms had to work together in Thid.

Ya that event in thid was the end of a LONG series of events, was the attack in Raumarik too.. the most god damn fun i EVER had in daoc :) People worked togeather from all 3 realms taking the center keep back from the mobs. Just figureing out how to make the big bubble port you to thid was something, people came up with theories and stuff.. great laugh.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Darzil said:
The logic is this :

Darzil
Sounds about right.

:)

Fenderon

Can't get enough of FH
Bahumat said:
Would it be possible to have some server events, in USA there were competitions where gm's played dragons and people ran about agroman (may have been on the french servers)

hmm :) I'd like to see a dragons quickbar :D give screenshot of qb+stats window

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:
There's no Goa content on the alternate ruleset servers because the code works differently on these servers, they aren't just regular servers with different options. If we ran additional content on these servers we'd need to develop and test three versions of all the events/quests/special NPCs and keep three separate script bases up to date after each patch.

There's a good answer.. much better than Flim's one :worthy:

Cemeterygates

Can't get enough of FH
i think it would be cool if you could roam the enemy realms on the cluster even if it was just for a day...say like a group of hibs could be seen runnin around alb in the mainlands an stuff kinda like turnin the cluster into the pvp servers for a day or something appart from you cant attack realm mates.
i think that would be pretty interesting :)
oh an also make put an imunity thing on lower levels...say if some1 is green/grey/blue you cant attack them

XenX

Fledgling Freddie
on a game i used to play, they had an event every week that was just basically a GM spawning mobs event, but it was damn good, the mobs that drop the goot items were spawn'd on mass by a gm and all hell would break loose, definitly made for a good time, although the lag was unbearable..lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom