FAO GM Server Events

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Would it be possible to have some server events, in USA there were competitions where gm's played dragons and people ran about agroman (may have been on the french servers)

I dont care about prizes as its something to bring people together for a laugh, are you able to create some form of event, maybe every few months?

One time ages back there was a huge invasion of Tomte's seeking revenge, zerging the towns and i remember lots of lvl 50's having to zerg them!

It would be nice if every few months something out of the ordinary happend, maybe have a side story running along showing progress or hints on future attack locations. It could be a new realm as such, much like a big group of Bandit's (all NPC's and or played by GM's using existing classes from all 3 existing realms but different skins)(There are loads of these bandit/thief npc's in the game which could be used as graphic models).

One example could be them raiding tower's (keeps might be too hard), imagine having to fend off about 30 mobs trying to get your tower! the GM's could be lvl 65-70 mobs who could cause a whole manner of problems.

Another example could be them roaming TOA, people always go there and you could have them patrolling the areas near artefacts.

Please let me know what you think, the idea's are obviously there, it would make the game more interesting without having to setup a new expansion

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Could anyone move this to General for me please :)

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Or they could spawn all Epic type mobs in the frontier again.
Best fun ever.

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
If you have a good idea type it up and log it on rightnow :)

I remember some of the events GoA ran and they were pretty damn good, especialy the one where all 3 realms had to work together in Thid.

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
Would love to see something like that - would make it that lil bit more special knowing that now and then something out of the ordinary could happen !

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Tears said:
If you have a good idea type it up and log it on rightnow :)

I remember some of the events GoA ran and they were pretty damn good, especialy the one where all 3 realms had to work together in Thid.

already done that :)

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
one that was done during Beta in US which was fun, all 3 realms had to team up to kill the massive glacier giant

was jokes

Tilda

GOA have always done lots of events, they aimed to do them once every other week and generally they were very good. However as I understand it they were put on hold when Zenythe started her break and Prydwen died.
The last I heard was that events would be back with a vengence sometime after the new GM started so, since Taryx is already here, events should be comming sometime soon!

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
imo prydwen melt down was an event... all chars where stolen naked and noone knows who did it :p ^^

ok, to be serious.. id like some events... once a month is good enough :)

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Under normal circumstances we'd be running a special event on the cluster every two weeks rotating through each realm in turn. We stopped doing them when the problem on Prydwen started as we didn't have the resources to script and run events without taking people away from restoring characters and we didn't think players would be happy about us running events while there were still characters left without items.
Now that we are down to the last few reports and once Taryx is settled in we will be starting the events again so keep an eye on the news in a month or so.

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
Requiel said:
Under normal circumstances we'd be running a special event on the cluster every two weeks rotating through each realm in turn. We stopped doing them when the problem on Prydwen started as we didn't have the resources to script and run events without taking people away from restoring characters and we didn't think players would be happy about us running events while there were still characters left without items.
Now that we are down to the last few reports and once Taryx is settled in we will be starting the events again so keep an eye on the news in a month or so.

Sweet... then I'd say to celebrate the restart of the events lets do an intra-realm-big-event-thingy-thing! :D

Bahumat

FH is my second home
They said this to me

Hello,

Thank you for your input.

We usually do events every other week. Some will be in PvE zones and some, much like the ones you suggest, will be in the frontiers.

However lately we have been busy solving the problems caused by the Prydwen database corruption and we had to take a break from running events.

As the Prydwen problems are almost solved now we are looking at running regular events again in the very near future. Keep an eye on our website (http://goa.daoc.com/en) for news on the matter!

Thank you again for your suggestions.

Yours sincerely,
---------------------------------------------
European Dark Age of Camelot Community Manager

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Tilda said:
GOA have always done lots of events, they aimed to do them once every other week and generally they were very good. However as I understand it they were put on hold when Zenythe started her break and Prydwen died.
The last I heard was that events would be back with a vengence sometime after the new GM started so, since Taryx is already here, events should be comming sometime soon!

As you know i spent most of my daoc time on Camlann and as always we never got these events, in all my time i only remember 1 anomaly in which 5 purple mushrooms camped Domnann and 10 or so people killed them....not much eh?

for the past few months i have been playing rvr, my rl mates play on rvr as opposed to camlann and i always remember them saying about these events....thought i would bring up the idea to find out what had happend.

Simemir

Fledgling Freddie
Anyone remember when the open beta was due to close, and all 3 realms were fighting some big deamon in the frontiers?

or did i dream it....... :eek7:

Rediknight

Can't get enough of FH
Anyone remember the Camaron Saga? Myste, Graham & Hendrick, the massive ghost thingy over the broken bridge in Salisbury Plains and the wierd root that grew under the church in Camelot? :)

Those wuz the days... :m00:

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
MaditioN said:
give an event like the Black Queen in thid with all 3 realms, was wicked :]

http://f.nu/madition/daoc/event.jpg <- a young valgair in thidevent

That was a good 'un :D Still got my borogove cloak from there, though it lost its special emblem after some patch or other. Incidentally, wasn't there a npc created that would restore items when that happened? Wouldn't mind getting it fixed (if it's still possible)...

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Andrilyn said:
Or they could spawn all Epic type mobs in the frontier again.
Best fun ever.

that was not a event tho. that was someone doing stuff they shouldent ;)

Tilda

They don't do events on any of the alternate ruleset servers. So no events for Camlann or Glastonbury :(

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
anyone else go on the drak war event? one of the GMs used one of the guards from Cots and we all went up to near Sidi. Massive war against loads of Draks

Now that was fun :)

Everz

FH is my second home
Only remember the one halloween one where it morphed peeps into a skeleton or something.

Ryuno

Can't get enough of FH
Really sucks for those who are playing on the alt servers only, and cant get to see these events. Why won't we get events on say Glast and Salis? even though they have higher population than the cluster servers? Doesnt make sense :( :(

B

big_ish

Ryuno said:
Really sucks for those who are playing on the alt servers only, and cant get to see these events. Why won't we get events on say Glast and Salis? even though they have higher population than the cluster servers? Doesnt make sense :( :(

/agree

Lets start a petition :touch:

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Ryuno said:

it's a classic server ;) you don't get goa content on a classic server - it wouldn't be classic for one.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
yeah cant have everything can you now

Leave something for us non classic, toa loving, FoP rinsing ppl in normal servers

Soulja_IA_

Can't get enough of FH
Event :- Gather all Warloks up and we can machine gun them to death and they have to delete :)

Soulja

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
Simemir said:
Anyone remember when the open beta was due to close, and all 3 realms were fighting some big deamon in the frontiers?

or did i dream it....... :eek7:

yeah it was a huge grumonz demon thing from outside DF that was in the bowl in emain
everyone was running round yelling not to hit it and see what was going to happen, and it went on a rampage killing all the lvl 30+ people.. was about the same height as the top of the old AMG

someone must have a screenie of it somewhere...:worthy:

Ryuno

Can't get enough of FH
Flimgoblin said:
it's a classic server ;) you don't get goa content on a classic server - it wouldn't be classic for one.

that doesnt make sense at all. Goa are still running the server are they not?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom