FAO: Friars

T

Trinilim

Any of you lot noticed that even after 15 or so patches they STILL haven't lifted the dex cap on friars? This is our main fecking stat! It affects our damage! And it's capped below 300! I want my fecking 300+ dex :p

(and for you friars that don't know, dex * .07 is how much evade you have, +your dodger, +your natural evade) Personally, I wouldn't mind getting the extra 2% evade and who know how much extra weaponskill.

P

pez

Yeh but then the yells of nerf will become deafening

btw i seem to evade as much if not more than infs, anyone know why?

T

Trinilim

evade cap is 50%, friar evade is around 50%, infils are capped down to 50%

B

bob007

Fix our self af buff, Sick of palas (no offence palas not your fault :p) twisting group af chant and my self buff dropping.

Note havn't tested in new patch, but nothing about it or anything like it in notes :)

P

pez

yeh i find that annoying but most of the time if theres only one or two friars in grp i leave it, unless of course the friars are tanking and the pallys just a big metal endurance battery :p

C

~Clarky~

aye, im sick of pala's twisting feck loads of chants .. then you go into combat with ur af buff down :/

C

-Calvin-

Your lucky,

i get sick of palys running through the entire resist chants just after my clerics cast them all, bastards! :p

Calvin

J

Jiggs

wot a load of crap trinilim

i have no desire to be overpowered, enough n00b friars about as it is...

V

Vireb

i agree with jiggs on this one, 300 + dex would make us too uber a few pathces ago when a few of us friars dinged 50 and started getting more active in rvr there were enough cries of nerf on this forum. Tbh im happy with my friar though id like to respec to a more support role thats it, and as for the dex fix we already have it in the means of the 75 dex qui self buff that we only got in what 1.48? previous to that ye i could agree but that buff was deemed as the fix and a valid fix too imo.

Q

QuickS

yeah if they fix our dex problem then they'd probably have to remove our self dex/qui buff. You dont find many clerics that have high enuff enhance to match our 75 dex/qui buff, so unless you've got a buffbot then you still screwed.

The other answer is to get aug dex 3+

P

Puppetmistress

I would like to see the self-buffs fixed als 'concentration-buffs' instead of castable.

It's very annoying that self-buffs cost around 40%-50% mana (incl.resists)...

V

Vrollo

what is the correct formula for chance for evade coz I've seen some other formula's who says evade depends on dex ass well as qui. the formula I remember is this 1

(((qui+dex)/2)-50)/10 + (evade lvl * 5) + (dodger lvl *3)

And yes I hate those pally resists too they still make your enhance line af buff disappear including your resist buffs.

M

Motowntheta

Originally posted by Puppetmistress
I would like to see the self-buffs fixed als 'concentration-buffs' instead of castable.

It's very annoying that self-buffs cost around 40%-50% mana (incl.resists)...

But then in a full group you would not have enough conc for base buffs and resist buffs for everyone :)

O

old.LandShark

Well, making them conc is one thing but a simple reduction in power cost and casting time might make em less annoying...

T

Trinilim

Originally posted by Jiggs
wot a load of crap trinilim

i have no desire to be overpowered, enough n00b friars about as it is...

whoa whoa whoa

hold on a second

I said absolutely nothing about being overpowered.

A slash armsman's main stat for damage is Str right?

Ours is dex.

So why can't our dex be 300+?

I'm not saying 'omfg I wanna be uber'. I'm just saying lift the cap a bit.

As it stands, there's absolutely nothing wrong with friars, but tbh, it couldn't hurt to raise the cap on our main stat would it?

As you probably know, up until around 1.45, friar's damage was based on str, and we can have 300+ str. But they changed it to dex. And the only possible way to get 300 dex is to go Aug Dex 5.

You see my point? I have no want to be overpowered, if I wanted to be overpowered I'd roll a chanter or summit.

Again, as it stands, I'm perfectly happy with friars, it'd be kinda nice to lift our main stat though :)

T

Trinilim

Originally posted by Vrollo
what is the correct formula for chance for evade coz I've seen some other formula's who says evade depends on dex ass well as qui. the formula I remember is this 1

(((qui+dex)/2)-50)/10 + (evade lvl * 5) + (dodger lvl *3)

And yes I hate those pally resists too they still make your enhance line af buff disappear including your resist buffs.

ok, wellll, I used a program for configuring assassin stats. So, I tinkered around, changed a few things, made evade 7 into evade 5, made the dexterity 272 (my cap), and added my dodger level (2), to it, and I got 49.1% evade rate.

49.1% - 25 - 6 = 18%

18% / 272 = approx .07%

So my way of configuring evade is (.07 * dex) + (evade level *5)+(dodger*3).

Feel free to prove me wrong though, very possible ofc ;)

-edit-: just did the math, and your equation showed 49.6% evade for me, and mine shows 50%, so we're both pretty close :)

V

Vireb

Originally posted by Trinilim

As you probably know, up until around 1.45, friar's damage was based on str, and we can have 300+ str. But they changed it to dex. And the only possible way to get 300 dex is to go Aug Dex 5.
friars damage was NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER str , mythic THOUGHT it was and therefore it was proven it was not (took months of arguing by olivia to prove this) mythic fixed there screw up by giving us our buff end of story :)
and your 272 cap well that comes from you not putting anything in dex at char creation

60 dex + 75 items + 12 aug dex 2 + 50 base buff + 75 spec buff = 272

if you put another 15 in dex at char creation you would be a lot closer :)
as for the cap the cap is from buffs cap more than anything you max buff on any stat is 125 (75 spec 50 base) and due to friars dex not raising at all as they level then no we cant ever hit 300 not like its a big deal anyway tbh

T

Trinilim

Originally posted by Vireb
friars damage was NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER str , mythic THOUGHT it was and therefore it was proven it was not (took months of arguing by olivia to prove this) mythic fixed there screw up by giving us our buff end of story :)

ohhh ok, my mistake.

Thought I read somewhere they changed it from str to dex though.. ah well. You get my points though right?

J

Jiggs

i have 287dex

i might add then when they uncap the buffs in 1.61 most of us will have over 300dex anyway...

D

dunny_dunny

Man friars are way too powerful. A dex above 300 wud be very painful indeed :S. They shud be nerfed and soon. I started a friar last year when no one knew they were anygood but now, with all of the new patches, they seem to be absolutely uber. Even without their own self buffs they rock.

My guild, consists of me, and 3 identical friars (dont ask). Even at lvl 47 they have managed to win almost all of their duels with lvl 50's. Granted they have all of their armour SC'd and procced but jeez give us a break. If specced right a friar can make a hit a second, doing way more dmg than anyone i know. I often group with a friar who is lvl 44 atm. In avalon he can take reds with no problem at all....REDS FFS! I can, at most, take oranges..its just depressing :(

So in conclusion.....NERF THE ALE GUZZLING FRIARS.

Dunny<Hellsing Corporation> lvl 45 Paladin (RR2 LvL 4)
Cadamos<Nosferatu Reges> lvl 23 Friar
Sarinsin<Nosferatu Reges> lvl 15 Scout

O

old.LandShark

Duels prove jack.
PvE proves jack.
You prove jack.
Silence. Oh, and btw, a good pala will usually beat a good friar. Nerf palas?
Friars are not uber in big boys' RvR, and that's all any of us give a flying toss about.

A

Arnor

ok, wellll, I used a program for configuring assassin stats. So, I tinkered around, changed a few things, made evade 7 into evade 5, made the dexterity 272 (my cap), and added my dodger level (2), to it, and I got 49.1% evade rate.

49.1% - 25 - 6 = 18%

18% / 272 = approx .07%

So my way of configuring evade is (.07 * dex) + (evade level *5)+(dodger*3).

Feel free to prove me wrong though, very possible ofc ;)

-edit-: just did the math, and your equation showed 49.6% evade for me, and mine shows 50%, so we're both pretty close :)

It is wrong, because your formula doesnt take quickness into the equation.

is it friars only that have a dex cap of ~300? because no class in midgard that i know of has any stat-cap below 300.

And since I got hit for 618 dmg by quicksilver a while ago at some alb keep-retake, i think you dont need no more love :p ps: i have 28% crush :(

D

dunny_dunny

Hey landshark, swivel on my wet one. I wud very much like to see a paladin beat a friar. The only friar i have ever beaten was a healing specced one which, in my opinion is gimped anyway.
And before you say that i am gimped, ask the dozens of peeps i fight and beat in avalon and in some cases emain.

'PVE proves jack'
'Duels prove jack'

Hmmm you sure about that? Duels test your character without having to go rvr, hence the whole point of them being introduced. From what i have seen, it is a very good indicator for how well they do in rvr. You may say that friars aint uber in rvr...but well, your an emain boy:)

BTW...enough of the the prozac, it makes you cranky.

J

Jiggs

i have lost to gwalmar, it was >.< close!

seriously tho duels are fun but prove nothing.

arnor i know you are a gimp anyway XD

T

Trinilim

Originally posted by Arnor2
It is wrong, because your formula doesnt take quickness into the equation.

Not necessarily, it was said a while back that quick didn't affect evade. Plus, if you take mine (rounded .7, the real number is like .66589) I'm about .5 off.

Even if it's wrong, it's not that badly off.

is it friars only that have a dex cap of ~300? because no class in midgard that i know of has any stat-cap below 300.

[/B]

to my knowledge yes

And since I got hit for 618 dmg by quicksilver a while ago at some alb keep-retake, i think you dont need no more love :p ps: i have 28% crush :(

That's a crit from an RR8(ish? dunno what he is atm).

And never said we needed anymore, was just saying it'd be nice if mythic removed the glitch (the lowered dex cap) that they screwed up on when making the class in the first place.

G

greenfingers

Any of you lot noticed that even after 15 or so patches they STILL haven't lifted the dex cap on friars? This is our main fecking stat! It affects our damage! And it's capped below 300! I want my fecking 300+ dex :p

(and for you friars that don't know, dex * .07 is how much evade you have, +your dodger, +your natural evade) Personally, I wouldn't mind getting the extra 2% evade and who know how much extra weaponskill.

/cheer

keep up the good spirit !!! ;)

O

old.LandShark

Originally posted by dunny_dunny
Hey landshark, swivel on my wet one. I wud very much like to see a paladin beat a friar. The only friar i have ever beaten was a healing specced one which, in my opinion is gimped anyway.
And before you say that i am gimped, ask the dozens of peeps i fight and beat in avalon and in some cases emain.

'PVE proves jack'
'Duels prove jack'

Hmmm you sure about that? Duels test your character without having to go rvr, hence the whole point of them being introduced. From what i have seen, it is a very good indicator for how well they do in rvr. You may say that friars aint uber in rvr...but well, your an emain boy:)

BTW...enough of the the prozac, it makes you cranky.

Hahaha.
Okay, so you have never beaten a friar. Proving what?
Secondly... I never said that you're gimped.
Thirdly, I have no interest in asking anyone whether you're gimped or not.
Fourthly, yes. I'm absolutely, totally positive than duelling proves nothing at all about your character's abilities in real RvR. Next, yes, i AM saying friars aren't uber in RvR. Even if I was an emain boy - which, btw, is incredibly funny, given you don't know me and I loathe emain with all my soul, i.e. R4 without ever going there, R5 with only 30k RPs earned there - then I don't see how that would bear any relevance to friars being uber or not?

And to address your final comment, I would like to infringe on Novamir's vast artistic talents and say:

funnay.jpeg

B

bult

show me a caster with 300 int ;> this is because there is no such thing as baseline int buffs tough still crap that i have more dex/con then i have int most of the time :p

A

Arnor

Not necessarily, it was said a while back that quick didn't affect evade. Plus, if you take mine (rounded .7, the real number is like .66589) I'm about .5 off.

Even if it's wrong, it's not that badly off.

Well, the pre-req of aug quickness 2 for dodger is a dead giveaway innit?

and the fact that sanya has said quick affects evades ( like that proves anything, but still)

T

Trinilim

Well, the pre-req of aug quickness 2 for dodger is a dead giveaway innit?

and the fact that sanya has said quick affects evades ( like that proves anything, but still)

Well, the pre-req of aug dexterity 2 for mastery of pain is kind of odd for armsmen and etc don't you think?

Unless the arms is thrust, they don't benefit from the +12 dex.

Users who are viewing this thread