FAO fins list

H

Hestetun

This isent to the list holders:) but to the bloody spammers. Its oki to send one msg to the list holder , but the bloody spam u send the list holders is fecking stupid. Stop msging the list holder about # and where it is, its ur prob not his, when u keep doing it u make is work in the grp bloody hell.

SO PLZ DONT SPAM THE LIST HOLDER!!! Im tired of it !!! and I think many other list holder is too!

F

Faeldawn

A lot of players do this to make sure that they havent been 'missed' off the list.

This has happened many many times in the past, and has been flamed here way too much, so i wont start that again.

By spamming what do you mean exactly?
I would have to say asking what number you are every 30 mins or so is acceptable, every 5 mins or less is just rude.

Fins list is hard to run and when you think about it the list holder doesnt HAVE to run the list at all. So pls dont spam constantly, be considerate to the list holder as its a crappy job.

M

mars

30mins?
thats spam imo, once every 2 hours = acceptable id say..

N

-Nuked-

once every hour or per new list holder.

stop whining :p dont take the list next time

A

Asq

Heheh, once every 15 minutes when I was there... we had a fg of 7 actrive players and a communications officer :D

H

Hestetun

ones every 2 h its ok , but hell when u spam about the way and such to CF , when list holder also have the job in grp to focus on also , I dont think its fear. so all spammers plz get off some where else :)

S

Spamb0t

yer! once every 2 hours max !
lets just make it a rule that if anyone asks more often he gets kicked off the list!!! :D

L

Lessurl

When i was lvling my first char ages ago and used to take the fins list a lot. The thing that annoyed me the most was the people who kept pming me every 5-30 mins asking where abouts on the list they were now. :p

I was always very tempted to just score those people off the list........but i never did. :p

S

Sankat

Problem is that a have spoken with a lot of peeps who were number one or two on list and next time they ask they are number 8......... i know a lot of peeps therefore ask a lot of times.

C

Chameleon

There are people who spam a lot and it's not fair to the list holder.
You should only really pm the list holder to find out what number you are, every so often, or to inform them of an alts name you can be contacted on. You can't set it at 2 hours though ...... this assumes most people have no life and are in daoc considerably longer than 2 hours at a time. I rarely get that long and don't think it'd be spamming to ask, after one hour, where I am on the list now, so that I can decide to wait on the list or remove myself from it.
It's also a good idea for the list holder to never gives names out of those on the same list, i.e. the 2 people before, or the people after them. This only causes more problems and often results in these people getting spammed and harrassed too.

T

Tyreus

If people didn't mess with the list so much (eg forgetting to add someone, someone gets dropped when the list is handed on, or friends get moved up the list etc - hell I was even refused once because the guy ran out of paper ffs!)..Then they probably wouldn't feel the need to find out what position they are every 30 mins..

Of course you're always gonna get someone who spams anyway.

E

Erekrose

I used to find out my position on the list at the start if i was any higher than number 2 i'd say forget it as i am never on that long. I would always talk the person currently occupying the spot i was on the list for & see how long they were on for. Only time i pm'd the list holder was when i changed to an alt.

Its a tough job list holder maybe your not up to it hes?

T

Tyreus

I agree m8 having done the list a couple of times myself, it can be hard work..
.. But there are still people who make a right balls up of it and it's really annoying to be "added" to the list just to pm them 2-3 hrs later and be told you're not on it.

F

Faeldawn

Originally posted by Tyreus
I agree m8 having done the list a couple of times myself, it can be hard work..
.. But there are still people who make a right balls up of it and it's really annoying to be "added" to the list just to pm them 2-3 hrs later and be told you're not on it.

This is the cause of 99% of fins whines on BW, nerf fins, make em a lvl 10 mob and end this.

Users who are viewing this thread