Fao Armsmen

O

old.LandShark

Originally posted by the Arms TL
1) Change Soldier’s Barricade into a realm ability that offers a 30 second group immunity timer to all forms of crowd control spells (stun, mesmerize, root), provided the group member isn’t already under the influence of some form of crowd control. This ability would be less effective than the Hibernian group-purge realm ability, since the use would have to be pre-emptive.

2) Remove Soldier’s Barricade and introduce a new Armsman specific realm ability that would allow the Armsman to move with a loaded crossbow. The ability would not grant the ability to load a crossbow while moving. A comparable ability could be added to Thrown Weapons in Midgard.

1 = Good idea, but the problem with that is that GP doesn't work properly atm, so the hib whines would be deafening (as loud as ours were when they got GP...) and the mids (with no group anti-CC spell) would probably have a coronary.

2 = Whatehfuuh? Have you guys actually been asking for this? :p

A

Aule Valar

how many times have you seen mythic boost a class by doing what the tl, and therfore a lot of that classes players, sugest?

O

old.LandShark

/cough

I can't believe a theurgist is saying that. :p

A

Aybabtu

Indeed there is, now they just have to implement it :)

F

Falcore

i think i speak for all armsman when i say...

SCOOOBYDOOBYDOO!

S

Silenzio

At least somenone is talking bout it!!!

remmove that fekking double spec

dont know why we should waste point for somthing
that other realm get free...

they get advantage in defence n so we got crap

since pole has not huge damage compare to other 2h weap

Rise armsman Rise...

O

old.LandShark

You're all just jealous of Annihilation.

edit: not that I blame you. ;)

J

Jiggs

i think the most sensible answer someone gave is just to raise armsman to 2.2pec points, enabling a better slam/pole hybrid template.

honestly i dont see how anyone could complain about it

D

Draylor

2.0 spec points is fine, double spec'ing is fine - but we should be doing more damage than single spec 2hand users in other realms.

But even the TL admits this is never going to happen :(

R

rure

Originally posted by Armsman TL

1) Change Soldier’s Barricade into a realm ability that offers a 30 second group immunity timer to all forms of crowd control spells (stun, mesmerize, root), provided the group member isn’t already under the influence of some form of crowd control. This ability would be less effective than the Hibernian group-purge realm ability, since the use would have to be pre-emptive.

Correct me if I am wrong, but that is ALMOST the exact thing as SoS, (minstrel class-specific RA, Speed of Sound)

O

old.LandShark

Nah, it would actually be better. Speed advantage of SOS isn't that much of an advantage (except for running away but imho it's pointless to use SOS for that in a group.... if you can't beat a zerg now you won't beat it before next port anyway :rolleyes: )
and this would be better offensively because you can still cast/melee or whatever.

S

Silenzio

double spec is not fine

u get no advantage from it only waste of usefull points...

i want a pole arms

with hig parry i dont care ov 1h... so why should i waste my point in it to have damage with my pole

other tank can do... others can rise 1h n 2h with the same pec line
saveing lot ov point for shield n parry

aye... make me like a warior...

n maybe give moose mode mpf

i like my arms but dont say that we are fine as we r...

pole should be a blast... the ultimate weapon...

poles max damage... i the same ov other 2h...
but we have ne nice 1h variance in...

destroy soldier baricade n give us somthing usefull

make us able to shot with xbow wyle moveing... not recharge but
run with aimed shot yess as it was in truth!

lot ov clas have insta dd... n dont have to sto to recharge so
they would still have better but we earn a nice variance...

make plate a real alrmour! ghhh

was kinda happy n quiet

but cant read ... we r fine as we r...

giv us more decent style with higer growrate...

pole tze ultimate weap tze...

M

moo_work

Originally posted by Silenzio
At least somenone is talking bout it!!!

remmove that fekking double spec

dont know why we should waste point for somthing
that other realm get free...

they get advantage in defence n so we got crap

since pole has not huge damage compare to other 2h weap

Rise armsman Rise...

you get plate, less damage variance, and do much better damage than 2-h in mid.

P

Pin

Originally posted by moo_work

1 out of 3... not bad.

C

Cala-more

w00t xbow ra...... we get some uber loving.................... i wonder whats in a devs brain

S

Silenzio

Originally posted by moo_work

Uber 7% more absorb rlly!!!

Higer Damage Variance HIGER =)

in truth the damage would be nearly the same but... sigh...
we have that damn doublespec that give us a mad incalculable huge damage variance...

O

old.Ramas

Soldier's Barricade won't get changed to this extent, thanks to Mythic's rather dubious 'Green Flames theorem'.

The Green Flames Theorem was created in order to shut sorcerors up when they started complaining that their epic armour skin was in fact wizard armour with the flames dyed green.

Sorcerors asked for 'a good thing' ie. unique epic. But to get it they would have to remove 'an existing thing' ie. Green flames.

Mythic replied with a message along the lines of...

You cannot have 'a good thing' if it will replace your 'Green Flames'. Because despite the fact that we agree 'Green Flames' suck; and despite the fact we could easily create 'a good thing': 'Green flames' have now been in game for 'some amount of time'. Therefore it is possible that someone likes their 'Green Flames', and would be upset if they were replaced with 'a good thing'.

Thus we can only ever remove longstanding 'Green Flames' if they are overpowered, or if they belong to Scouts. And even in this case we prefer to adjust the greenness, or the flameness of the item in question - rather than swap it for something completely different.

Soldier's Barricade isn't going anywhere. If you're lucky you might get Mythic to increase the AF bonus it gives.

B

bracken_woodman

Originally posted by gunZ-
[B
now to hope it actually gets implemented :( [/B]

Are the pigs fed, watered and ready to fly yet?

P

powahhdagod

sorry :O

1.62 provides some real changes to Armsmen

like? maybe i am blind but from the pendgon patch release notes i didn't notice sthing that help arms...someone enlight me?

P

powahhdagod

like? maybe i am blind but from the pendgon patch release notes i didn't notice sthing that help arms...someone enlight me?

P

powahhdagod

P

powahhdagod

sorry:eek:

evil forums...
sorry for the double double posts :puke:

K

Karam_gruul

wtf, why wasnt i informed of this before. i am after all teh armsman. wtf. karam is already ubor overpowered as it is, lol if they bring these changes in.... may god have mercy on us all..

D

Danya

WTF?! That's WAAAY better than GP. Complete CC immunity for 30 seconds, yeah like that isn't completely over the top. People whine enough about SoS without having an ability to completely negate CC for 30 seconds.

I think Landshark is right, mids would literally explode and shower us with small body parts if this went in.

P

Pin

Imagine an alb group running round with 6sec BT, minstrel ablative, SoS, BoF and that modified version of soldier's Barricade :D. Then all we need is the bugged group-wide BAoD given to Theurgists :m00:

A

Arnor

Yeah, alb really need some better unique ra's :rolleyes:

C

Chuffy

Make all poles penetrate pbt, increase 2h dmg from 140% to 200%. Give pole annihalation. Pre loaded x-bows usable on the move. Give plate 40% absorb to counter warriors and heros overpowered evade 1 while buffed. Oh and 2.2 spec points.

Leave it for a patch or 2 then nerf them again when were all ready to move onto something else.

Oh and unique RA could be 15min purge or another IP.

S

stupidshady

finnally armsman loving
/em snifs
I tought it would never happen
/em snifs

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom