FAO: Andrilyn, Dorimor1

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Maybe if lots of people knew about it we'd get a hotfix sooner? :)

I have no problem with someone asking if a bug is bug abuse or a feature, but its perfectly possible to do this either by asking a GM/E&E or by posting a vague post that dosnt detail exactly how to do something.

Maybe the GM's don't work weekends and the E&E are only accessable to a few people, for instance your suppose to be a E&E right? you advertise it on your sig, but you don't advertise how to be contacted ingame etc, your links to the E&E site don't work either.

Bubble and toxii, grow up, it has nothing to do with nazism, its about stopping a nasty bug becomming common knowledge. If you want to mod bait, just be ready for the consequences.

So instead, people are going to see it done in game, copy people doing it since theres nothing and no guidence that its a banable bug. So yes i believe it was over zealous moderating, if you wanna call it mod baiting because you took offence to it, feel free, would just prove my point.

Corran

Part of the furniture
Bubble, I requested it to be deleted and glad that Tilda agreed that it needed it to be.

Reasons? 1) Not many people know about the bug so cant abuse it.

2) It is CLEARLY a bug and not a feature. If it was a feature then all spells would be on a 1second cast time instead of you needing to use this trick to do it. If people are in doubt about it then they truely are an idiot :p

3) If anyone see's people doing this they wont necessarily understand how they doing it/why they doing it.. but it is clear that it isnt something that you are allowed to do within the rules of the game. Once again, if they see it and think it is allowed then they are truelly an idiot.

So, if you want to bitch at someone for the thread going then bitch at me.. I just tell you to fuck off and stop being a prat :D

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Corran said:
Bubble, I requested it to be deleted and glad that Tilda agreed that it needed it to be.

Reasons? 1) Not many people know about the bug so cant abuse it.

2) It is CLEARLY a bug and not a feature. If it was a feature then all spells would be on a 1second cast time instead of you needing to use this trick to do it. If people are in doubt about it then they truely are an idiot :p

3) If anyone see's people doing this they wont necessarily understand how they doing it/why they doing it.. but it is clear that it isnt something that you are allowed to do within the rules of the game. Once again, if they see it and think it is allowed then they are truelly an idiot.

So, if you want to bitch at someone for the thread going then bitch at me.. I just tell you to fuck off and stop being a prat :D

Bad Corranhorn!!
I was enjoying trying to bait tilda..oops

I suppose it doesn't matter anyway what you think of me, not like your in my guild or anything anymore :|

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Well sorry I guess..
Personally I just wanted to make people aware of this "bug/exploit" as I find as if more people know how it works and therefor abuse it then it will get fixed faster than just sending a report to Notrightnow (which I also did) and only have a select few people know about it.
I tried the RN report on other much more serious "bugs" (Hi level 42 to 50 in 5 minutes) though 80% of them are still not fixed and some even already existed sinse SI.

But if the rules of this forum state that I cannot inform the community about it and I should just report it to RN then I will no longer post how those bugs work eventhough I am not really convinced that by sending a RN report about it that it will be fixed within a few years.

Kinag

Part of the furniture
Erm, if it's the bug you mentioned earlier in the post then I have to say it's fairly common knowledge right now ;p I've known about it for a while.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Graendel said:
Ack Andrilyn...

First you abuse the villa and emote from the roof. Now you run around speedcasting necro pets.

Why oh why?

He's going off the rails, ever since i quit as a matter of fact :(

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Kinag said:
Erm, if it's the bug you mentioned earlier in the post then I have to say it's fairly common knowledge right now ;p I've known about it for a while.

I've known it for a long time aswell even my RN report is a few months old for it but seeing as GoA in this case (and many others) still hadn't even done anything other then send me the automated "We are discussing this matter with Mythic" reply I thought it was a good idea to let the community know like I said in my earlier post just to get it fixed as if many people abuse it then it will be fixed alot faster than when only a few people abuse it and keep the rest in the dark.

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
Amanita said:
Stop paying their wages then? :twak:

if i stop paying that 12(?) euros, it is nothing for them, but means my favorite game taken away from me.. daoc is great, i enjoy it, but its not the invention of goa, they are just a hired staff to keep the order, safety and guarantee the smooth, tranquil gameplay... and thats exactly what they are not doing, banning players for typing an emote 5 times, losing stuff of the 60% of players... i have my reasons to hate them imo, but ill continue playing daoc, as the game itself is very charming for me, and a great opportunity to play with my friends who live in different cities/countries..

Corran

Part of the furniture
Bubble said:
Bad Corranhorn!!
I was enjoying trying to bait tilda..oops

I suppose it doesn't matter anyway what you think of me, not like your in my guild or anything anymore :|

Pfft, still in the guild... just that account is inactive at the moment :D

Rhori

Fledgling Freddie
Bubble said:
Golem Girls still active then? :eek:

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Rhori said:
Golem Girls still active then? :eek:

I've been thinking of trying again, but alot of the old members have quit daoc :(

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
old.windforce said:
ah,
that bug

btw, a necro can cast a pet in less then 5 seconds when he is RR5

But only a bug abusing necro would reach RR5, so... :p

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
Righthandof said:
do you really think ppl give a **** about goas life getting harder, after losing items and still not restoring them 5 months after the incident? id rather save a rat from getting run over by a car than goa staff.
Saying you want to make it harder for Goa to catch cheats is just silly.
Less cheats = better game for everyone regardless of who runs the game.
AFAIK this bug is fixed in 1.80 anyhow so looks like Mythic did take notice and fix it eventually. Not a lot Goa can do to make that happen faster once they've told Mythic the bug is there (which Mythic probably already knew from US players).

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Bubble said:
I've been thinking of trying again, but alot of the old members have quit daoc :(
It went fine till the GM mysteriously disappeared :p Or, well, GOA didn't really help either x<

Tosen

Part of the furniture
...E&E fellas... fix your sigs... the link doesn't work (Graendel, Chretien, and Tilda :))

Zede

Part of the furniture
And when maelstrom used the 28 buff limit to be immune to grapple that was working as intended ????

sheesh...

Ironfalcon

Can't get enough of FH
Bubble said:

Hell I'd consider coming back if you did.. but again I wasnt one of the front toons in GG.. xD

me was meerly a pawn.. QQ!

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Straef said:
It went fine till the GM mysteriously disappeared :p Or, well, GOA didn't really help either x<

the 6 raids i organised after the GoA thing, less than a FG attended.

Without people coming to raids the pve guild failed :(

Shame too, we were really doing well, Typhon down, Chimera down, i think our next target was Draco too.

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Bubble said:
the 6 raids i organised after the GoA thing, less than a FG attended.

Without people coming to raids the pve guild failed :(

Shame too, we were really doing well, Typhon down, Chimera down, i think our next target was Draco too.
And all thanks to me. I don't know how I manage to stay this modest.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Straef said:
And all thanks to me. I don't know how I manage to stay this modest.

It's the same reason Graendel stays so hot, nobody will ever know :(

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Vladamir said:
It's the same reason Graendel stays so hot, nobody will ever know :(
I can guess tho. Maybe I'm just really, really good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom