Fantasy Live Gig

Azurus

Can't get enough of FH
NME is the biggest fucking joke ever. They did a review on the Killers album 'hot fuss' and scored it poorly when it first came out. Then when it became succesful they re-reviewed it and claimed they had made a mistake and rated it wrongly before and gave it a really high review.

Gamah

Banned
Azurus said:
A gig with only one man in the crowd would be pretty shit tbh.

Oh so if you're not coming no one is? Yeah you're the centre of the universe. ;/

Azurus

Can't get enough of FH
Gamah said:
Oh so if you're not coming no one is? Yeah you're the centre of the universe. ;/

Thats not what i meant, thought you were implying no one would go except you :touch: no need to get upset Gamahkins.

kivik

Part of the furniture
1. Hendrix
2. Red Hot Chili Peppers
3. Metallica

Succi

Fledgling Freddie
Mojo said:
There was no Metallica Pre Ulrich.

pre ulrich and kirk's sloppyness if you actually read my post

im fully aware of metallica lineup/history tyvm

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
James Taylor
Prodigy
Smashmouth
Phil Collins & Genesis
Lighthouse Family
Jamirquai
Nickelback
David Gray
Foo Fighters
The Jam

Mine's very recent compared to other people's :p

Everz

FH is my second home
Pac
Kool G Rap
Public Enemy
Big L (freestyle master imo)
Jedi Mind Trickz
Bay Area (E40, Mac Dre, B-Legit etc)
Gunz n Roses
Metallica
Hendrix
Phil Collins + Genesis

and many others..

NikonL

Fledgling Freddie
Dire Straits
Mark Knopfler (solo work)
Nirvana
Nightwish
Disturbed
In Flames
Iron Maiden
Metallica
Rage Against the Machine
Sonata Arctica

probably not in that order.

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Pink floyd,
Pantera,
Down,
Aerosmith,
Metallica,
Led Zeppelin,
Guns n roses (REAL ones, not axls new rehash job),
Red hot chili peppers,
Korn (for their awesome stage shows),
Mozart.

Mojo

Fledgling Freddie
Succi said:
pre ulrich and kirk's sloppyness if you actually read my post

im fully aware of metallica lineup/history tyvm

That just makes your comment even more ridiculous.

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Black Lace
Bucks Fizz
The Baron Knights
The Krankies
Bill Tarney
Right Said Fred
Russ Abbot (atmosphere era)
The Wurzuls
Richard Clayderman (for a bit of class)
Rolf Harris
Keith Harris and Orville (early sabbath influenced period, b4 they sold out)

jasskass

Loyal Freddie
Iron Maiden
Manowar
Turbonegro
Clawfinger
Cradle of filth
Disturbed
Fear Factory
Nile
Obituary
Six feet of foreplay

With Pantera and 2pac for warm-up performers

Marc

FH is my second home
- English - said:
green day are considered the best live band ever :p

No band will ever top oasis @ Knebworth back in 1996

imo ofc

That era was so so good for music, when Prodigy and Oasis were both at the top of their game. Throw Blur into the mix and british music was top drawer. The young pretenders of today, the Kooks, Arctic monkeys etc have a long way to go.

Mojo

Fledgling Freddie
Marc said:
No band will ever top oasis @ Knebworth back in 1996

It wasn't quite Knebworth but I saw Oasis last year and although technicly fantastic they were the most boring band i have ever seen. Where as Greenday although not as good technicly were probably the most fun band to watch live.

My point being, the music played doesn’t necessarily make a good gig, it’s how they play/perform and interact with the crowd that makes a gig.

There is nothing worse than going to see your fav band only to find out that they suck on stage.

fujjeh

Loyal Freddie
Pantera (my favourite band i never got to see live, had tickets for their tatto the planet tour but Pantera didnt come cuz of 9/11)
Metallica (with cliff burton, saw Metallica in Globen in Stockholm a few years ago)
Van Halen (with David Lee Roth!!!, heard a rumour that they are gonna do a tour with david 2007 but dunno if its true)
Beethoven
Deep Purple
Megadeth (with rust in peace setup)
Elvis!
Jimi Hendrix
Extreme
Alcatraaz (with Yngwie malmsteen)

Would´ve added Black sabbath if it werent for the fact that i´ve seen em for not so long ago <3
Pantera being the ones i really really really really are sad that i missed, knowing i wont ever be able to see them live, most sad that i wont be able to see Dimebag live, so i could show him the respect and love i have for him, RIP Dimebag *cry*

the REAL Van Halen with David is a sheared place almost with Pantera, would be awesome to see!

fujjeh

Loyal Freddie
I know i have 10 but im gonna add one anyways!

Stevie Ray Vaughan <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

Marc

FH is my second home
Mojo said:
It wasn't quite Knebworth but I saw Oasis last year and although technicly fantastic they were the most boring band i have ever seen. Where as Greenday although not as good technicly were probably the most fun band to watch live.

My point being, the music played doesn’t necessarily make a good gig, it’s how they play/perform and interact with the crowd that makes a gig.

There is nothing worse than going to see your fav band only to find out that they suck on stage.

Thats why I said Knebworth. In their prime oasis were top drawer and the best live band imo. You cant compare the oasis of today, with what they were like in the Definetly Maybe days. The atmosphere was like nothing ive ever experienced at any concert. But that might have had something to do with the location and the amount of people there. I went to watch Guns N Roses at milton keynes, in 1994. That wasnt as good as I thought it would of been. And Metalica were just plain awful at the same venue (milton keynes) 93. It seemed they just didnt want to be there lol

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
Lamp said:
The two best gigs i ever went to see are Sepultura (with Sacred reich, Xentrix and i think Heathen) at the Hammy Odeon for the arise tour and Soundgarden (with CoC) on the Badmotorfinger tour...

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
Mojo said:

How are Oasis technically good, Noel only appears to know how to play 3 songs and most of those follow the same chord progressions. + there are at least 2 songs which are She's Electric with the words changed (2 on one album) which is why, although i liked them, i can never rate oasis that highly.

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
marrio picotto (as good as tiesto just never as mainstream)
tupac
johnny cash
lisa lashes
judge jules (class live imo)
james brown
public domain
oasis
the killers (hot fuss only please!)
U2 (cant belive no1 else said them really)

in no particular order

eksdee

FH is my second home
Mojo said:
They are actually pretty good live, cheesey or not.

i know! i've seen them live. i just dispute them ever being close to being the 'best live band ever' - that is utter bollocks.

Mojo

Fledgling Freddie
yaruar said:
How are Oasis technically good, Noel only appears to know how to play 3 songs and most of those follow the same chord progressions. + there are at least 2 songs which are She's Electric with the words changed (2 on one album) which is why, although i liked them, i can never rate oasis that highly.

Being in IT and not music I won't get into the slagging off a musicians, as far as I am concerned I am not qualified to do so, so won't. Im not a huge fan of Oasis, in fact I am not a fan at all. I went to see them on the noise and confusion tour because I wanted to see the Foo Fighters. However I did watch the oasis set and credit where it's due I thought they sounded great, they performed their set well and never fauleterd, and in that sense I thought they were technicly good, the over all experience was positive. Not in the sense of back seat musician who has an opinion on what people should play and how it should be played.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom