abba
damien rice
blink 182 :)p)
mylo
cold play

kirennia

Part of the furniture
fujjeh said:
Pantera (my favourite band i never got to see live, had tickets for their tatto the planet tour but Pantera didnt come cuz of 9/11)
Metallica (with cliff burton, saw Metallica in Globen in Stockholm a few years
Pantera being the ones i really really really really are sad that i missed, knowing i wont ever be able to see them live, most sad that i wont be able to see Dimebag live, so i could show him the respect and love i have for him, RIP Dimebag *cry*

Same here. Was absoutely gutted when they cancelled because of that. I went to go and see the gig anyway even though it was only Slayer and a couple of others (In birmingham) :( Got mugged at knife point when waiting outside too.

All in all a great trip.....

Azurus

Can't get enough of FH
You should have abused run through levi on them!

Succi

Fledgling Freddie
Mojo said:
That just makes your comment even more ridiculous.

well , no. Kirk and Lars are very sloppy nowadays if you compare them to '89 justice tour live performances.

e.g lars doesnt even play the drum roll @ creeping death anymore and theres many times he's fucked up the double bass triplets in One. I can see all this and im not even a drummer. However, I am a guitarist so lets not get me started on kirk.

and yes, ive seen them live... and yes they are sloppy. James' rhythm playing is great still... voice abit fucked up though and as a result they play everything tuned half a step down

I've seen 3 of the 5 (seen down also , technically 1/2 of pantera) top bands I mentioned, however theyre using new lineups that dont have the energy/feel of the old ones imo ... thats why I listed them. I dont really see what your getting at, but if you want to continue a debate about any those 5 bands then im ready and waiting

Mojo

Fledgling Freddie
Succi said:
well , no. Kirk and Lars are very sloppy nowadays if you compare them to '89 justice tour live performances.

e.g lars doesnt even play the drum roll @ creeping death anymore and theres many times he's fucked up the double bass triplets in One. I can see all this and im not even a drummer. However, I am a guitarist so lets not get me started on kirk.

and yes, ive seen them live... and yes they are sloppy. James' rhythm playing is great still... voice abit fucked up though and as a result they play everything tuned half a step down

I've seen 3 of the 5 (seen down also , technically 1/2 of pantera) top bands I mentioned, however theyre using new lineups that dont have the energy/feel of the old ones imo ... thats why I listed them. I dont really see what your getting at, but if you want to continue a debate about any those 5 bands then im ready and waiting

Maybe what I am getting at is your another no one unjustifiably criticising one of the best bands in the world.
You clealry have your head shoved to far up your own arse.

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
Mojo said:
Maybe what I am getting at is your another no one unjustifiably criticising one of the best bands in the world.
TBH they haven't been one of the "best" bands in the world for at leat 15 years. They are a shadow of their former selves.

fodams

Fledgling Freddie
The Stones
Black Sabbath
Zepplin
Hendrix
Bob Dylan
Billy Idol
Iggy Pop
Danzig
Janis Joplin
REM
Smashing Pumpkins

fujjeh

Loyal Freddie
kirennia said:
Same here. Was absoutely gutted when they cancelled because of that. I went to go and see the gig anyway even though it was only Slayer and a couple of others (In birmingham) :( Got mugged at knife point when waiting outside too.

All in all a great trip.....
i didnt go, couldnt be bothered, bought the tickets only to see Pantera

Succi

Fledgling Freddie
Mojo said:

And you clearly are no musician. Metallica are awesome, after they cut their hair (black album tour) they started to get sloppy live. Ask anybody with an ounce of knowledge about metal.

RTL->Justice is still the best run of 3 metal albums ever dont get me wrong , but if your one of the 'ooooh metallica are soooo perfect' you need to start digging your head out of that fanboi sand

Lars couldn't play 80% of the justice album nowadays, as the drum parts are quite complicated for metallica... even recording drums for Dyers Eve was done in 30 second clips as lars didnt have the stamina/technique to play anymore than that.

ok now for some evidence : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TD-_FM8_d9c

Listen to the double bass (if you know what that is) especially at 00:24, that particular stuff isnt hard at all especially for somebody's who has supposed to have been drumming for 20+ years. This isnt a one off. He is sloppy live all the time.

ok onto kirk, compare http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZUJi3ExUIw 2003 1:39 where he's especially out of time to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRn2VY7qs5w in 87 where he's bang on throughout the solo.

now onto some general live energy comparisons, lets take creeping death : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hzq7hBeU2g0 in 2003 to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZSjCQiaLiM in '88. Thats a whole fuckin big difference

sure, theyre all older now.. but my point still remains that theyre arent half the band they were in the late 80's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom