Competition Fancy Dress!

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
"Come to my party Scouse" says nice blonde lady.

"But of course! How could I refuse such beauty?" says me. I always like Bob's parties. Lots to see. Camping in an orchard with sheep and pigs and chickens running amock. And lots of her friends. Like eight hundred of them. It's gonna be like a private glastonbury.

Only with better music and no police :)

"One thing" hums bob, looking sheepish. "It's fancy dress".

I groan. I hate fancy dress. I can never be arsed making anything and stuff you buy from shops is shit. And if you don't make an effort you look like someone who's not made an effort. And if there's going to be a party I'm a big enough attention whore that I have to make myself a memorable feature. Usually by throwing up in front of a hundred people - but at least they remember me :(

"What sort of fancy dress?"

"Forests and Fables."

"..........Okaaaaaaay" wags my chin. Bloody hippies.

So. The upshot is, I'm going. And because I've had no bike this past week or so (being serviced and loads of bits of shit replaced at great expense) I decided to make my own costume.

It's not done yet. Taken me two easy evenings so far. Half of the assembly will have to happen at the farm as it won't fit in my car fully finished.

Yes. I went, "fuck it - I'm going as a tree". But instead of just painting myself green I've decided that there's going to be a lot of talented arty-types there and the requisite amount of attention is only going to come in my direction if I'm literally twelve feet tall and have a large canopy for people to shelter under (and the chickens to roost in).

So, I've done the bulk of the trunk work:
Branches are going to have to be added when I get to the farm. Taped to the top. As I sit here, at 12:30am, with work tomorrow, I'm deciding what shape paper leaves I need to make (and how many? maybe 50?) to stick to the real twigs I'm going to find walking around pissed on Saturday morning. Fuck work eh?
trunk.jpg

Yes. I just about fit inside it - arms on the outside and face poking through. I've checked - I can still drink beer through the face hole - which is good as a mate tapped a barrel of Nottingham Rock this evening and it'll be ready to start drinking tomorrow night.

Speaking of night - I think it'll look funkier in the evening. (Nested spoilers work?)
trunknight.jpg
:)

So. I'm quite pleased with the results so far considering it's the first costume I've put any effort into. But it got me thinking. What's the best fancy dress party you've been to? What have you been as? Have you got pics? Post 'em.

Hopefully the rain will hold off (forecast doesn't look good tho) - but if it does I'll endeavour to post a pic after I recover.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
looks like an alien knob. Fitting really. You as a massive knob.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Earlier in the evening it looked more like Mr Hankey the christmas poo :(

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Earlier in the evening it looked more like Mr Hankey the christmas poo :(
Tried going for a piss in it yet? Or a dump?

Worked out the optimal angle of vomit to avoid branch drip?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Tried going for a piss in it yet? Or a dump?

Fits over my head, that's a face hole at the front and the left arm hole. My nether-regions will be free for ablutions and shenanegans. Most of the tree is going to go on way over my head.

Still cutting out leaves. God this is boring. I remember now why I hated art class in school.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Well if you're going to go as a tree...
groot-header-3.jpg

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Was about to say the same thing. Perfect opportunity.

Oh and if you hate fancy dress, don't dress up. Luckily trees don't have balls anyway :p

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Looks like you will be outstanding in your field.

babs

Can't get enough of FH
Shame its themed, otherwise you turn up only wearing your undercrackers. "what are you dressed as?"

Premature ejaculation - I've just come in my pants!

:D

:D

Eh? Eh? I've just come in my.. Oh never mind.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Where's the pics of all yooz lot's fancy dress failure? Come on - ridicule-o-mat is set to ON.

Well, it will be when I get back ;)

Ormorof

FH is my second home
I spent 3 days dressed as a giraffe last year

Tourists in Stockholm (russians) had their kids take pictures with us despite the fact we smelled like booze and tobacco

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I don't think I've done fancy dress since I was a kid in the tropics and we did Halloween due to the massive influx of Americans. good luck chum!

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Well. Party was an epic success. I think. Three of us polished off an entire barrel of Nottingham Rock yesterday (bar giving maybe ten pints away to friends). Was absolutely smashed. Some people were still dancing in the field when we left at 7:30pm this evening. I think there were a fair few class A's going around last night.

Tree went down a treat :)
tree.jpg
Apparently it was very amusing to watch me walk about battered. I don't really remember ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom