Fanatical Bloody Assassins

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
I don't know who thought siccing huge mobs of yellow-to-purple-con DOT-ing, diseasing attackers on you the second you step into the SI capital was good thing, but they're wrong. Every single time I set foot in Aegirhamn now, these bloody assassins insta-pop and are already attacking me once the loading screen has cleared; it's completely impossible to do anything there now.

What is the quest to get rid of these incredibly annoying bastards, and has anyone got a walkthrough?

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
Svartmetall said:
I don't know who thought siccing huge mobs of yellow-to-purple-con DOT-ing, diseasing attackers on you the second you step into the SI capital was good thing, but they're wrong. Every single time I set foot in Aegirhamn now, these bloody assassins insta-pop and are already attacking me once the loading screen has cleared; it's completely impossible to do anything there now.

What is the quest to get rid of these incredibly annoying bastards, and has anyone got a walkthrough?

its fucked, basically

:fluffle:

Namefake

Fledgling Freddie
its not just in aegirhamn, they killed my buffbot while swimming back from lynnleigh..

i think they are there to kill macroers, but with a slight bug :)

Varg_exc

Fledgling Freddie
Those feckers killed me in vasud when i was there to cash in a single respec - quelle surprise ;/

If they are for macroers, why not make it one yellow or blue con??

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
think the quests for these aren't in the game anymore. Just happy I'm friendly with them :p

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
They funny, remember when they used to be charmable and could run around with an invisible pet. Seem just to random aggro everything wherever you pull em too, they're right at home with the other inhabitants between nott and bled.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Cylian said:
think the quests for these aren't in the game anymore
Then the sodding assassins shouldn't be in the game any more, either.

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Have you RN'd it Svart?

And Maeloch, have you ever experienced being assaulted by similiar mobs in Domnann?

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Azathrim said:
And Maeloch, have you ever experienced being assaulted by similiar mobs in Domnann?
No not at all unless something's been added (only really go there for training and doing paidren's on alts). Long time back at start of SI peeps sometimes pulled the giant shrooms and stuff there, which would aggro guards, kill all the crafters, etc., but long time since I've seen that.

[GOA]Erivoss

[GOA] Official type person
I mentioned this to the Storyline people here and they assured me that these series of quests and scripts are all working correctly.

It isn't normal that you are being killed over and over again, unless you are doing something in particular. Contact RightNow and they'll check your character for anything odd and might be able to suggest a way to permenantly deal with the kobolds.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
And yet, I have no quest in my Journal at all (haven't deleted anything) and therefore no clue as to what I'm supposed to do to stop these buggers ruining my day. Anyone got any info on the actual quest/s?

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Svartmetall said:
And yet, I have no quest in my Journal at all (haven't deleted anything) and therefore no clue as to what I'm supposed to do to stop these buggers ruining my day. Anyone got any info on the actual quest/s?

As Erivoss mentioned, you get the quest at the Rightnow NPC. He can be found near http://daoc.goa.com

Be aware though, it's a rare spawn. ;)

[GOA]Erivoss

[GOA] Official type person
Svartmetall said:

Here's a hint (only a hint as I won't give away the whole story/background of this) in a recent news item. You can find more information about them dotted around the place.

http://news-daoc.goa.com/view_news.php3?id_article=4156

Background Piece - Midgard : A cowards' revenge
While the sun was still shining somewhere over the horizon, the shadow cast by the towering mountains were already plunging Mularn in darkness. Merchants were tidying up their stalls promptly and passers-by were quickening their pace to reach their destinations, be it the tavern or their homes. Nights are cold in Midgard…

Soon the town becomes silent, bathed in pale shimmering starlight. The tavern door slams open and for an instant a ray of light escapes, carrying the sound of laughs and singing. A hooded figure totters forwards into the night and walks up the path to the heavy gates of Jordheim. Once again silence wraps the town, only disturbed by his hazy breath.

Suddenly they are everywhere, one on his back, another two clutching at his legs. He stumbles with a cry of surprise. Blades gleam only for an instant since they are soon stained with his blood. They shout, squeak, gibber and gabble in their frenzy and their daggers strike again, again and again. A door opens and they vanish, gone way before the inhabitants alerted by the racket reveal the lifeless body with their torches.

A last yell echoes in the night, challenging : 'Another enemy of Samedi is dead ! Others will follow !'

Samedi's fanatical assassins don't hesitate to enter villages at night and attack isolated targets. Nevertheless, their actions are never gratuitous and they are very intelligent. Those of you who thwarted their plans, either by getting too close to their lair in Odin's Gate, or by having thwarted their schemes regarding the realm's bindstones… beware ! For a dagger most certainly has your name on it.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
If Mids wouldnt do what Maeloch described around Nott, they wouldnt get chainkilled.

Cryptic hint ;)

Agrigo

Can't get enough of FH
Go out and get on their bad side ^^

Then you will learn to avoid Aegir forever :)

Bahumat

FH is my second home
it says they get you on your own, so imo stick a bb to you...

Margaret

Loyal Freddie
I was able to talk to Eilifjorkunnimoda, the named kobold mob in Odin's Gate at the fanatical assassins camp, with my kobold shaman. She gave me a very vaguely worded quest to get a horse head and an ebon staff - I can only assume it's some version of a níðstöng, an old Norse curse - but she's gone from neutral to aggressive after I was in a group that 'ventured too close' in RvR.

So basically, it's a quest that's pushed on you with significant negative effects if you don't do it, and that's all too easily rendered impossible to complete through the course of normal RvR.

Yeah. I'm not impressed.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for 'flavour' quests, background information and things that make the game a more immersive experience, but don't take away a player's choice in whether or not to participate in it. Anything that's pushed on you, no matter how well researched and/or engaging, will feel like a chore if you have no choice in the matter. And making the mobs so volatile that if anyone, friend or foe, should happen to aggro them, they'll go on a rampage and attack any player at all in the vicinity... that's just plain dumb, pardon my Norse.

Edit again: And people -are- being attacked over and over again. Some of my characters can't move to Aegirhamn at all without being jumped by a small zerg of yellow-to-orange con mobs that double-DoT, disease and just plain hurt you, who'll cause an xp death with con loss if you don't get away.

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Margarat, why is this an issue?

Or, are you implying that people still play Midgard and thus actually would get affected by this?

Hahah, imagine the outrage if GoA did something similiar in Hib or Alb! :)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
[GOA]Erivoss said:
or by having thwarted their schemes regarding the realm's bindstones

would suggest that it has something to do with the recall stone quests?

perhaps?

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
no, months ago, when this "event" started, the regular bindstones got tainted and pulsed a dex/qui debuff.

Kobolds got a quest to make a Nidstang, so killing one of the horses the Troll is guarding between Vasudheim and Jordheim, then combining the head with a crafted ebonwood staff. Reward was faction with those Samedis followers and a Small Blue Book.
The other races got a quest to cleanse the bindstones.

Margaret

Loyal Freddie
Any idea who gave the quest to non-kobold races? My kobbie got the quest from the named kobold at the camp in Odin's Gate, but when I try to talk to her with any of my other chars I get rather brutally ganked.

Arumos

Fledgling Freddie
:twak: got twatted by them bastards a few weeks back at the poisen merchant in aegierem

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
is there a leader of theese assassin mobs then? maybe get a zerg together and teach them whos acually the "boss"? :p

Margaret

Loyal Freddie
Eilifjorkunnimoda, the named kobold at the camp in Odin's Gate, is apparently the leader, given that she's the only named one. But I definitely wouldn't recommend goin' there to take 'em out; they seem to have more of a Gaheris-frontier-mob AI rather than the usual mob AI, making them assist, debuff people to heck, heal each other, and generally make life miserable for anyone getting too close.

Rhana

Fledgling Freddie
"....Nevertheless, their actions are never gratuitous and they are very intelligent. Those of you who thwarted their plans, either by getting too close to their lair in Odin's Gate, or by having thwarted their schemes regarding the realm's bindstones… beware ! For a dagger most certainly has your name on it. "

So, Svartmetall, you may have killed some mobs and got a bad faction with this buggers or done a bindstone quest (think it is one sutch)... If this is right, its all a question of faction... and you will have to go and do some pve to corect it.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Rhana said:
"....Nevertheless, their actions are never gratuitous and they are very intelligent. Those of you who thwarted their plans, either by getting too close to their lair in Odin's Gate, or by having thwarted their schemes regarding the realm's bindstones… beware ! For a dagger most certainly has your name on it. "

So, Svartmetall, you may have killed some mobs and got a bad faction with this buggers or done a bindstone quest (think it is one sutch)... If this is right, its all a question of faction... and you will have to go and do some pve to corect it.

What PvE? Killing what mobs? Half the problem is it's like pulling teeth trying to get any information to get this quest - which I NEVER asked to have dumped on me - done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom