Games Fallout

Lethul

FH is my second home
So, waiting for a suitable Master Thesis I have absolutely nothing to do during the days. So I'm gonna try Fallout for the first time. Should I start with Fallout 3 och go directly to New Vegas? Are they linked in any way story wise? Do I need Fallout 3 to play New Vegas?

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
nope
they arent linked at all
same engine is all

both are good, F3 is more patched, and has more DLC, plus being cheaper, you prob get more for your money, and get F;NV when its 6 months older tbh

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Originals ofcourse rock many kinds of socks off, and while Fallout 3 and NV aren't linked, i'd start with F3 since atleast it teaches stuff that NV might forget.

Also F3 can be modded rather reasily, but i'd suggest against it before you finish it, unles you're a difficulty/realism nut like me ;)

Lethul

FH is my second home
I've decided to start with.....

Witcher! :)

Will

/bin/su
I prefer Fallout New Vegas out of the two, but they are both really good games. I'm a sucker for FPS/RPG hybrids though. Mass Effect, Borderlands and the recent Fallouts are my top games of the last few years.

Lethul

FH is my second home
I prefer Fallout New Vegas out of the two, but they are both really good games. I'm a sucker for FPS/RPG hybrids though. Mass Effect, Borderlands and the recent Fallouts are my top games of the last few years.

Will go for Fallout 3 after Witcher, always preferred a fantasy/medieval setting in RPGs.

Will

/bin/su
In that case, aye, get Fallout. I'm available for overpowered character advice if needed. As long as you like playing stealthy snipers.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
i played an explosives/melee/unarmed/sneak char, if you like the sound of any of that

megadave

I am a FH squatter
it's pretty easy actually, either sneak up and twat them with one hit. or throw/fire explosives and clean up by slapping em about

that said 99% of fights just involved me running up and beating on them without bothering to use sneak or explosives

Helme

Resident Freddy
Go with Vegas, F3 is shit. Bethasda are utterly useless at making a story, while Obsidian on the other hand are some of the best. This is provided you actually want some interesting dialogue with actual choice in your RPGs.

Vegas also has way better balance, plays better and doesn't rely on the same utterly retarded level scaling that Fallout3 has.

As for mods, any worthwhile mods for F3 have been converted to Vegas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom