Falcor - Hybrid Question

K

-kro-

I've seen a screenie of your q/b on the earlier post you made. and it don't have nothing to do with a hybrid spec, and i just wondering what spec are you? im a arm's and i don't know how to spec. im Polearm atm but in 1,62 or a dragon raid i might change my spec. so can you help me please mate?

F

Falcor

no im hybrid atm

44 pole 39 slash 42 shield 24 parry, im considering dropping parry to 6 and getting 50 Pole for the lvl 50 style, or maybe dropping parry and getting higher slash to make my lowest damage i do higher, tbh i thionk all the different tank specs r pretty good u cant really go wrong

As hybrid , i got shield which is really useful, good one hand damage, but my pole damage is ofc lower than that of a pure pole tank, however as u get higehr realm rank i think u can make the difference smaller with a nice lot of mastery of pain :)

V

vindicat0r

just a tip. Get lvl 50 pole move. Defenders aegis 70% snare 1 min duration post 1.62 ^^ not 2 shabby dmg either.

Also Weapon skill ...... Weapon skill ...... Weapon skill ...... cant say it enough.

S

stighelmer

You HAVE TO go 50 pole. If nothing else for the tremendous increase in weaponskill (which will keep you from hacking air all the time). And the aegis is nice. 6 Parry, pfft, who cares :)

F

Falcor

well i like parry, my pole parries a lot, but no so important when u got shield, with 6 parry i would have 23 parry total, atm i have 41 parry, quite a difference

D

drunkard

I like parry too. My spec is similar to falcors 44 pole, 42 shield 39 slash 27 parry. That puts my parry at a very respectable 48 including all the bells and whistles.

I am not convinced by the weaponskill > all argument. You dont see friars insisting that 50 staff is a must. Duel a few and tell me they're 'hitting air'.

I find I hit just fine even when going sword and board, and that's with only 39 slash.

The argument I would use against my spec is that parry is pretty useless in rvr and therefore the points would be better put into pole to get aegis.

Dont let anyone tell you the 'best' armsman spec, there are so many options all with very little difference that it's very hard to gimp yourself (mythic have done that already actually so maybe I should say it's impossible not to gimp yourself :p )

My favorites are....

mine and falcors spec, good utility of spec points, very versatile and with the very nice slash styles slash can go either sword and board or pole.

50 pole 42 shield 39 thrust, screw the parry. High damage with thrust and all the pole styles +the ability to slam.

50 pole 50(or so) thrust rest parry. Highest possible pole damage + decent defense with pole. No spec points are sitting in a skill you're not currently using.

I think sword and board is also a good spec, 50 shield makes you excellent caster protection and you'll still hit pretty hard. You can go for speed or get yourself a very slow 1 hander for frontloading damage. Not just a gimped pally.

Depends on your play style, work out what YOU want to be then design your spec around that.

A

Aussie-

i got the same reply from that epicarms when i tried to explain him he should kill casters/healers/mezzers instead of tanks

F

Falcor

err aussie, i dont get what the hell u r on about, i never target tanks :)

D

drunkard

Originally posted by Falcor
....i never target tanks :)

You should, 'tis fun. '

Leave the casters/healers/mezzers for the scouts :p

I

ilienwyn

Back styles are getting harder to be done after the change in the back arc or at least that's what i read from americans...:D

S

stighelmer

Originally posted by drunkard
I am not convinced by the weaponskill > all argument. You dont see friars insisting that 50 staff is a must. Duel a few and tell me they're 'hitting air'.

50 pole 42 shield 39 thrust, screw the parry. High damage with thrust and all the pole styles +the ability to slam.

Well first off regarding the friar duel argument, as you probably already know:

Duels != RvR

And secondly, I changed my spec from 44/39/42/24 to 50/39/42/6 and it sure feels like I am hitting loads more.

Regarding the parry, it might become more of a difference after 1.62 but I really can't be bothered - I wanna deal damage and if I want to protect myself (and others) I shift to shield.

Also, I recommend anyone that is going hybrid to go slash since the thrust style s00k for s/s arms in PvE/RvR and the diff between slash/thrust is not that great in terms of resistance (although thrust is a bit better against mids).

But then again, everyone should make their choices, I'm just sharing my experience from being both 44 pole/24 parry and 50 pole/6 parry.

Cheers :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom