Fake cigarette caused M6 police Megabus coach swoop

Aada

Part of the furniture
Honestly are people this paranoid these days they phone the police the moment they see smoke? surely common sense would have been to ask the said passenger what the smoke was.

Would love to know the silly cunt that phoned the police in complete panic because they suspected something terrorist-like.

I bet the passenger got some real fucking dead eyes when they all got back on the bus.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-stoke-staffordshire-18728303

Sydrik

Resident Freddy
Still slightly preferable to 'Bus explodes in terrorist attack as police and bystanders do fuck all to help'

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Hmm.

"Forty eight passengers on the Megabus Preston to London service were led off the coach and forced to sit apart in a cordon on the opposite carriageway."

and

"and no-one was being treated as a suspect after armed officers evacuated the Megabus coach, police said."

Those two lines kind of sort of contradict more then Scouses opinions.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
From what I heard on the radio, the guy was seen to be pouring liquid into a smoking bag. He needed a nicotine fix, long coach trip, decided to light up an e-cigarette, then realised its not allowed, tried to put it out, passenger(s) thought terrorist, and mayhem ensued.

If he did that at an airport, they'd probably have closed the entire terminal. That you can understand...but on a coach in the middle of the freeway, no one asked him what are you doing? Would you have believed him if he said "putting out a fake ciggy"? Maybe the driver had rules: anything suspicious, call the old bill....

Suppose it will all come out in the next few hours.

Kryten

Old Cow.
I originally said it'd either be someone hurridly putting out the sneaky fag they just had, or someone making a Pot Noodle. This is just as fucking comical though. Sniff Petrol's claim that it was because someone was believed to have bought an Infiniti car - http://sniffpetrol.com/2012/07/05/policeclosem6toll/

Aada

Part of the furniture
You can just imagine the paranoid phone call the 999 call centre got, the fucking old dithering git on the other end panicing saying 'we are all gonna dieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee' LOL

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I read it as stupid person causes M6 police megabus coach swoop

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
From what I heard on the radio, the guy was seen to be pouring liquid into a smoking bag. He needed a nicotine fix, long coach trip, decided to light up an e-cigarette, then realised its not allowed, tried to put it out, passenger(s) thought terrorist, and mayhem ensued.

Interesting as an eciggy doesn't need to be put out per say, atleast from what i've done in numbers. Probably a faulty/crappy one.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
yep, you could be right, may not have been an e-cig...maybe a herbal roll-up? Who knows. At any rate, it wasn't a bomb.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
must have been like Village of the Damned in that coach...when they climbed down out of the door...I reckon some of the firearms officers who watched Walking Dead must have had their heads targetted..

Aada

Part of the furniture
must have been like Village of the Damned in that coach...when they climbed down out of the door...I reckon some of the firearms officers who watched Walking Dead must have had their heads targetted..

Aye probably some police officers were just itching to pull the trigger as well, wouldn't be suprised if the person who phoned the police got a beating on the bus after it all finished.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Smoking is really bad for you. It poses the risk of you getting eleven bullets in the face from some retard anti-terrorist cop Jean-Paul De Menezes style ;)

Chilly

Balls of steel
Should have just tossed a grenade in there and let the motorway open again.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Hmm.

"Forty eight passengers on the Megabus Preston to London service were led off the coach and forced to sit apart in a cordon on the opposite carriageway."

and

"and no-one was being treated as a suspect after armed officers evacuated the Megabus coach, police said."

Those two lines kind of sort of contradict more then Scouses opinions.

So you don't think they should be at least a tiny tad on the safe side? Because you know, just in case? :)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
They could have just asked him what the smoke was, or opened their eyes and seen the e-cig...

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
So you don't think they should be at least a tiny tad on the safe side? Because you know, just in case? :)

Not that, just the contradiction in no one is a suspect and sit apart you terrorist f*ckers :p

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
You can smoke e-cigs anywhere. I got some funny looks in the staff canteen at work a couple of years back because I was puffing on one.

I hope the imebcile who called that in got a full-on beating when the journey resumed.

soze

I am a FH squatter
This was mad but the police did the right thing. Report of bomb = everyone keeps their hands where they can be seen and are treated as a hostile until proven otherwise. Like the terrorist hiding with the hostages in the Embassy siege it is just not worth the risk. I do hope the idiot that called in the bomb threat had a few words in his ear though.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Not that, just the contradiction in no one is a suspect and sit apart you terrorist f*ckers :p
No one was a suspect, they just followed regulation because that's what they have to do. There's no contradiction here, you're just reading to much into it. :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
It's the BBC, there's a limit on how much one can read into things and how much is just poor reporting :p

soze

I am a FH squatter
It's the BBC, there's a limit on how much one can read into things and how much is just poor reporting :p
I am not sue it is poor reporting just idiots playing the sympathy card. During the Embassy siege a terrorist hid with the Hostages carrying a hand grenade. If they had let him out with the rest to set the thing off in the middle of all the hostages and ambulance staff ect it would of been terrible. So now every one is a "hostile" until they are checked ect. It is a shit but 100% in the best interests of people.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
During the Embassy siege a terrorist hid with the Hostages carrying a hand grenade.

I don't think he had a hand grenade.

However, he definitely was pulled out of the line by the SAS and about to be shot through the back of his head - murdered - when one of the SAS guys noticed the TV helicopter overhead and stopped the other guy from executing him.

The SAS guys were interviewed about this recently. Dennis Thatcher had had a word with them and told them that the government didn't want any survivors. One of the smarter ones realised that the government didn't want to be seen executing a captured terrorist in cold blood on national TV either....

...the SAS bloke also admitted that they watched a recording of their performance in the raid on a big projector in a room afterwards - telling a woman in front of him who's big hair was in his way to "move your fucking head" - when Maggie turned around and said "oh, sorry"...

soze

I am a FH squatter
I do not know if it is the whole truth but it has been reported this way for years and in a few autobiographies and History Channel style shows on the siege so it is what I believe. It is also in the reports that they shot other terrorists who has surrendered so I do not see why they would lie about the grenade.

The SAS then began evacuating hostages, manhandling them down the stairs towards the back door of the embassy. Two of the terrorists were hiding amongst the hostages—one of them produced a hand grenade when he was identified. An SAS soldier, who was unable to shoot for fear of hitting a hostage or another soldier, pushed the grenade-wielding terrorist to the bottom of the stairs, where two other soldiers shot him dead.

Last edited:

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I don't think he had a hand grenade.

However, he definitely was pulled out of the line by the SAS and about to be shot through the back of his head - murdered - when one of the SAS guys noticed the TV helicopter overhead and stopped the other guy from executing him.

The SAS guys were interviewed about this recently. Dennis Thatcher had had a word with them and told them that the government didn't want any survivors. One of the smarter ones realised that the government didn't want to be seen executing a captured terrorist in cold blood on national TV either....

...the SAS bloke also admitted that they watched a recording of their performance in the raid on a big projector in a room afterwards - telling a woman in front of him who's big hair was in his way to "move your fucking head" - when Maggie turned around and said "oh, sorry"...

I am not sure putting one in the back of the head would have been that much of a bad thing really...and I am turning soft!

Anyway. The police got it right on this one, they didn't know the facts and had to go in on the assumption that something was up. Sure being man handled to the ground might upset someones feelings but I bet they would rather that than getting blown up. Though I am sure ambulance chasers direct will be sniffing about for any grazed knees that need compo for.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I am not sure putting one in the back of the head would have been that much of a bad thing really...and I am turning soft!

You've got an unarmed terrorist in custody. Do you:

A) Put him in prison and give him a full trial before a judge and jury - justice needs to be seen to be done.
B) Murder him - giving justification to their actions and recruitment material for the disaffected.

... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom